+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 10/20 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/20 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Thing is, PR finale use showing during the fall fashion week and now it is spring. Cast members were given 2-3 months to create their line, not 5 weeks ...

Also, because designers are designing spring/summer wear during the regular season, Anya's work is relevant, unlike Uli's so-called "resort ware" ...

My thoughts, anyway ...
    That's why I am wondering if she might win. More time plus a spring/summer vibe.

To me, this was by far the worst showing of the final fours' work in PR history.
    If given approximately 5 months to complete their collection, I understand that they would like to spend time w/family, friends etc but as they each state that this win was soooooo very important to them, their designs did not reflect that at all. During the competition they are given only one or two days to create something, with everything, pinned on the importance of the the retreat time and how to plan your clothes....none of them had any responsibility like work or children to interrupt their final creations and were provided with everything they wanted.
    Yes, Josh, if you paid any attention to your fellow contestants, you'd know that each and everyone of them lost a loved one and that does not give you a free pass.
    Jexter, Allie and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    To me, this was by far the worst showing of the final fours' work in PR history.
    If given approximately 5 months to complete their collection, I understand that they would like to spend time w/family, friends etc but as they each state that this win was soooooo very important to them, their designs did not reflect that at all. During the competition they are given only one or two days to create something, with everything, pinned on the importance of the the retreat time and how to plan your clothes....none of them had any responsibility like work or children to interrupt their final creations and were provided with everything they wanted.
    Yes, Josh, if you paid any attention to your fellow contestants, you'd know that each and everyone of them lost a loved one and that does not give you a free pass.
    I agree. I can't wait for this season to be over so that I can watch the All Star show because I love me some Anthony. Heck he doesn't have to design/sew anything, I just want to hear his commentaries on the other designers. (too funny). Of course I can't wait to see who else is coming back and what they design. It's got to be better than what we got this year ugh!!!!

I just knew that it would not matter what Anya would bring to the table, she would be showing her collection in the final since the judges have loved everything she did this whole season. Guess she knew that too and did not make much of an effort.
    Debb70 likes this.

I thought it was 5 weeks to complete it, not 5 months?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I thought it was 5 weeks to complete it, not 5 months?
    It was said on the show they only had five weeks, but they usually have a lot more time than that. I'm not sure what's accurate. I think I remember not even hearing about filming starting for this season until summer, so it is possible they only had 5 weeks. I know Heidi was saying earlier this year they still hadn't started filming, and I thought at the time that wouldn't leave a lot of time to crank out a final collection.

Anya is my favorite, but all 4 designers turned out mostly drivel I did not like for the mini-preview of their collection. I've avoided pics from Fashion Week, so I am hoping Anya's overall collection is better.

Josh is just a pain in the rear. I hope he doesn't win for that reason alone. Everyone has problems and tragedy in their life, but that doesn't give us all carte blanche to act like a jerk indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    I just knew that it would not matter what Anya would bring to the table, she would be showing her collection in the final since the judges have loved everything she did this whole season. Guess she knew that too and did not make much of an effort.
    Which irks me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Well, I'm not quite prepared to chime in with this sentiment 100% but I'm resisting the urge.

This show has been on TV forever, and I can't help but think that I might have been more wowed if I saw, let's say Anya's work, in a much earlier season. Already she's being compared to ULI who was the first to bring that flowy style to the show. It was exciting then because it was new.

For Anya, while nice, her designs won't bring the wow factor the way ULI's did and the viewers (and likely judges) are less than impressed.

Same for Top Chef. I mean, how many seasons can I watch a chef prepare a steak, AND even if a chef in this season's competition prepared it the best, if it's been done similarly in the past, it's just not going to impress me as much.

And now, on the flip side, I can't help but agree that the F4 is a little sad-sack. Even the judges said as much: all 4 needed work. At that stage of the competition, it would be nice if they had jaw-drop moments (in a good way) for all who are left on stage. A true competition of great designs.

Instead, we have a competition of "meh's".
    Debb70 likes this.

I don't know about the "Worst" - I personally feel all four are better than Gretchen's drivel from last season. I mean, come on the ONLY thing really interesting about that show was the jewelry and even that had been done (plus, she wasn't on project accessory. ).

That said, out of these, they all needed work. It's not the best season, and I'm looking forward to the all stars and Project Accessory, but I'm still going to be happier with any of their collection over Gretchen's.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't know about the "Worst" - I personally feel all four are better than Gretchen's drivel from last season. I mean, come on the ONLY thing really interesting about that show was the jewelry and even that had been done (plus, she wasn't on project accessory. ).

That said, out of these, they all needed work. It's not the best season, and I'm looking forward to the all stars and Project Accessory, but I'm still going to be happier with any of their collection over Gretchen's.
    That reminds me. When is the All-Star show/PA going to debut? Somebody said a few months from now. Any specific date yet?

Can you tell I'm a little eager to watch them after this season?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast