+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 10/13 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 10/13 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Higher paid, probably.
    And, what an excellent question! And your answer is probably very right!!!

Found this!
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5901756_di...amstress_.html
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-20-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I stopped watching this show after they eliminated Bert. Bert's runway collection was wearable clothing for most women. IMHO they kept Josh on for the drama factor...then they wonder why the ratings are tanking. If I want to see drama I can watch Grey's Anatomy if I want to see catiness & b*tching I can watch Real Housewives.
    I am beginning to think my favorite TV show has jumped the shark tank.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I stopped watching this show after they eliminated Bert. Bert's runway collection was wearable clothing for most women. IMHO they kept Josh on for the drama factor...then they wonder why the ratings are tanking. If I want to see drama I can watch Grey's Anatomy if I want to see catiness & b*tching I can watch Real Housewives.
    I am beginning to think my favorite TV show has jumped the shark tank.

I thought that last season, and this season has done nothing to make me change my mind. It's not just the drama but lack of talent. That's why I am SO looking forward to the All-Stars, so I can scrub my brain of this season and gaze upon real talent again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    On Mad Fashion they give one of the guys (Alex?) the title Seamster. I've never seen that any place else though. Normally it's a seamstress or a tailor.
    Since Chris has a wild sense of humor, I think he's just inverting the old sterotype and making fun of it with that name.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Since Chris has a wild sense of humor, I think he's just inverting the old sterotype and making fun of it with that name.
    I wasn't sure, but that article that prhoshay posted listed seamster as the correct term for a male seamstress. I guess I did learn something new today

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I wasn't sure, but that article that prhoshay posted listed seamster as the correct term for a male seamstress. I guess I did learn something new today
    Well, there you go. So did I.

Now, somebody tell me just WHEN we will get a chance to drop the word "seamster" into a conversation??? It may just have to become part of our "lecture series"! I guess we could always kick off a tiny game of our own "Trivial Pursuit", just to get a chance to use it! I'm pretty sure we'd win this one! My friends always accuse me of "teaching", anyway....saying that I won't just tell them things; I make them work for it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Now, somebody tell me just WHEN we will get a chance to drop the word "seamster" into a conversation??? It may just have to become part of our "lecture series"! I guess we could always kick off a tiny game of our own "Trivial Pursuit", just to get a chance to use it! I'm pretty sure we'd win this one! My friends always accuse me of "teaching", anyway....saying that I won't just tell them things; I make them work for it!
    Believe it or not I worked it into a conversation today!! My boss and I were talking about something and she said she learned something new today so I had a chance to tell her what new I had learned, so I told her all about seamster/seamstress and what the differences a tailor is. Now, working it into a real conversation might be much more difficult.

Smooooth!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456