+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 10/13 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/13 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

My critiques:

Episode notes: I didn’t see any outfits that I absolutely loved. It’s appalling that in the last runway show before the finale this is all the designers have to offer. I’m really not impressed by the cast. There isn’t a Mondo Guerra or Daniel Vosovic among them. This will be a season I probably won’t remember in the future who the winner was.

Anya: Two of her three outfits (the white and black one) look to me like they’re on backward. The neckline in front goes up too high. The fit of the white dress was atrocious, with errors everywhere, and the black dress looks like a knockoff of her raven dress from last week. The red dress is ok but nothing to get excited over.

Joshua: On the runway, I really liked his drapey gown and white minidress. However, I agree with the judge who said the silver throw should have been lined to make it more substantial and more part of the gown. As it is, it looks like the model was wearing a short black dress for a casual look, then before going to a party, grabbed her silver Snuggie in case it was cold at the event. I didn’t like the red top on his third outfit but appreciated it better after hearing Joshua’s explanation of it. I think it would have been better to either present the outfit without the jacket covering the studded top or to have a solid red top under the jacket, and have the studs on the jacket.

Kimberly: I don’t know why Kimberly likes bulky looking outfits but I hate them. I think most women want to cover up bulky areas on them, not add to them! The thick, heavy scarf on top of her traffic cone orange coat is atrocious and the coat itself is not form-fitting enough. The model’s waist looks as wide as her hips and shoulders. Imagine how this would look on a regular woman with more meat on her than a rail-thin model! I hate the bulging skirts on her other two outfits. Are they supposed to look windblown or what? They just look to me like the model got her skirt caught up in her underwear the last time she went to the bathroom and forgot to unhitch her skirt and smooth it down after.

Laura: I liked Laura’s circle fabric but agreed with Tim that she shouldn’t have used it on every outfit. At least she toned it down some after his comment. The judges didn’t like her top and skirt done with the circle pattern but I did. I only wish she had used a different fabric color than the same off-white she used with the circle dress. She could have dyed it to make it less matchy-matchy with her circle gown. The third look has nothing to do with the other two and it’s fugly. The tight patterns and high contrast of the other two looks makes this outfit look dowdy and shapeless in comparison.

Viktor: Oh, no. Viktor is catching Kimberly’s bulkyskirtitis! The swoop of fabric in his secretary look is just as crappy as when Kim uses it. I liked the black dress on the runway but that’s because the shadows hid the odd shelf overhang on the top of the skirt. She’s like a futuristic waitress with her drink platter built into her dress so she can rest the drinks she’s serving on it. The third look is something we’ve already seen before this season. That same scrawny jacket type thing has appeared on at least three outfits. Been there-done that.

I’m not going to bother ranking the fashion disasters this week. Very few were any good.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

I really am not impressed with any of the designers. I don't know if they will make it IRW...Anya might but not the rest. I was looking at the final collection and have to say that I liked Bert's the best. I like Anya's but why did every single gown have to plunge so low in the front?!?!

I'm really surprised (and thought this most of the season) that Bryce even was selected to be on the show.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, I don't know how Bryce got on, either.

Once Olivier explained his confusion about the bra sizes, I understood his problem with it. I've always wondered, too, why the sizes are done as they are. When I was younger, I couldn't find any bras above a C cup, which was difficult for me because I spilled over them. Eventually we got stores in my area with bigger bra sizes. I went to a D for a few years, then DD when they became available. I hope I'll never have to go bigger than that! Those KK sized bras are kind of scary-looking. I can only imagine the ginormous boobs you must have to fill those out.

I still think Olivier should stick to men's clothes if he doesn't want to deal with designing for boobs.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Unless he doesn't a complete 180, I think Viktor's got this in the bag. No one else has been as consistently well liked as he has. I do not care for his personality, but I do like his clothing. Sadly, I think the days of liking a contestant as a person and as a designer (Daniel Vosovic) are long gone. Too much drama being built into the show. Which is exactly why Anya is there. Can't imagine her putting together an entire collection on her own and having it have enough variety. Not everyone wants to wear a jumpsuit with big billowy legs or a dress that has more folds and tucks than an origami crane. Josh is talented, but his personality is going to hold him back from having a stellar career.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Josh is talented, but his personality is going to hold him back from having a stellar career.
    But he's so s-e-n-s-i-t-i-v-e. Didn't you hear him say so last night on After the Runway? I'm surprised people didn't fall off the couches laughing when he said that. I almost spit tea on my television.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Thank you so much. I loved Bert's collection. Oliver's collection was dreadful!!!
    I concur on both counts. Bert's looked very Audrey Hepburnesque.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just saw a typo in my post up above. It should read

Unless he DOES a complete 180 . . . .

This season will be 'memorable' but for the most part, it has not been 'enjoyable'.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I really am not impressed with any of the designers. I don't know if they will make it IRW...Anya might but not the rest. I was looking at the final collection and have to say that I liked Bert's the best. I like Anya's but why did every single gown have to plunge so low in the front?!?!

I'm really surprised (and thought this most of the season) that Bryce even was selected to be on the show.
    I am bored with the remaining designers as well. V and A were obvious for the final 3 but neither one of them did anything special. And Joshua? That top with the skirt? Hideous. The evening dress looked cheap. And Laura's last dress was so poorly made and unflattering she was almost asking to be let go. Kimberly's coat was a bulky mess. Eh. Really don't care who wins. I guess I might root for Anya just because Bert seems to respect her design ethics and he was the won I picked as the winner after looking at the FW stuff. Loved his line and was sure he was final 3.

FORT Fogey

When anyone disagrees with Joshua on anything his response is, "you are getting aggressive." I think this is hysterical coming from the master of aggressive conversation.
    Allie, JulieAnn and AZChristian like this.

Kimberly had what looked like a cohesive collection.

Anya had what looked like a cohesive collection.

Victor had what looked like a cohesive collection.

Joshua didn't like the full mini skirt so I thought he did less well then the above mentioned designers.

Laura DID NOT have a cohesive collection. The pillow case dress did not relate at all to the other two pieces. I also thought the fit on the gown was horrible. I totally understand why she went home.

I totally loved the After the Runway episode, obviously replacing any reunion show. The 2 episodes so far have been brilliant.

Joshua irritates me because he sounds so insincere with his apologies. He sounds like a very angry man and just lashes out at everyone. He is mean and I don't think even after watching the show he gets it. Yes he has been bullied (all his life) but he lashes out at people who do not deserve his venom. If he wants to lash out at someone he should do it to the people that treated him miserably not his fellow competitors and not us the viewing audience.
    Allie and mandmmom2 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast