+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

I didn't really like this episode. To me, it had many negative aspects of the show.

- Challenge given 2 days then surprise you need to make another outfit twist, then SURPRISE AGAIN!... all that time you spent, it's worth nothing cause you only use one final garment. That's just mean. Just let them make a garment without all these stupid twists!
    - Confessionals had no insight or nothing new... it was all "My competitor is [something we already know]" or "The competition is so tight" x1000. Skipped nearly every one.
    - Why would they bring somebody who works for Calvin Klein in to judge!? I know that high fashion does not have to be costume but I always view CK as safe, boring, muted colors, not really so much fashion as clothes instead. It's just too transparent, too expertly made... I don't feel the same amount of life from it versus more over the top brands
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I don't understand the love for Josh's dress because I didn't care for it at all. I didn't think it was flattering. Maybe it looked different in person, because they were talking about the draping and being flattering to her, and I didn't see that at all. To me it just looked boxy.
    I so agree with your statement. The draping was lovely until the hemline. It looked odd, uneven. Not professionally finished. I loved most of the dress' draping and the chain added but I've seen the judges be very cutting about hemlines that don't look finished and Josh's hemline looked unfinished.

FORT Fogey

Re: Ideas for Project Runway

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Can't wait for Project Runway All Stars to start up - November 9th!!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mondo again (he should have won) and Austin Scarlett!
    This should be good.
    I'd love to catch an episode, but am very skeptical with the new judges/host...I don't really like Misrachi on the other show, so may not watch it...I too though mondo was robbed, who sees anything of Gretchen now? Behaves like Joshua - better not mean Josh wins this season!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I'd love to catch an episode, but am very skeptical with the new judges/host...I don't really like Misrachi on the other show, so may not watch it...I too though mondo was robbed, who sees anything of Gretchen now? Behaves like Joshua - better not mean Josh wins this season!
    Really? I saw the ad with the contestants and was really looking forward to the All-Star show. What's this about new judges and host?

I actually liked that other show, so it doesn't particularly bother me if they want to bring in Mizrahi. In fact, it might be nice to have a change of pace from Nina and company since I usually disagree with them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Really? I saw the ad with the contestants and was really looking forward to the All-Star show. What's this about new judges and host?

I actually liked that other show, so it doesn't particularly bother me if they want to bring in Mizrahi. In fact, it might be nice to have a change of pace from Nina and company since I usually disagree with them.
    I thought HK, MK & NG are still with all-stars- the new judges and Host are for Project Accessory (Molly Sims is the hostess).
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Nope, there are different judges for All-Stars too...from Lifetime's page:
    World-famous designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman will serve as judges on the new series, which will be hosted by supermodel Angela Lindvall and feature fashion tastemaker and Marie Claire Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles as mentor for the "Runway" veterans. Guest judges include the iconic Miss Piggy, supermodel Miranda Kerr, musician and producer Pharrell Williams. "Project Runway All Stars" will premiere November 3 at 9/8c.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I so agree with your statement. The draping was lovely until the hemline. It looked odd, uneven. Not professionally finished. I loved most of the dress' draping and the chain added but I've seen the judges be very cutting about hemlines that don't look finished and Josh's hemline looked unfinished.
    I didn't like the look, but even Bert was praising it (except for the Josh-typical addition of the flower) so maybe to looked better in person?

Sad Bert is gone... but he will have success post show without the money I think. Also, I didn't think he'd won because of the rack-ready garb Gretchen created last year, but still... he at least went out with a nice outfit IMHO.

Josh's... Um, to be succinct, it reminds me of Ping's first outfit almost without the second layer of fabric thrown in. It honestly should've thrown him out over Bert's better made dress.

Anya's is good, but wish it wasn't in black.

The others were OK... Kim's you have to wonder though if she had to use double sided tape to get the woman's chest to not fall out (even there from what I see this barely was prevented.) It also almost reminds me of the dress worn in "Who Mourns for Adonis?" - a Star Trek episode. Differences are it's not pink glittery material and this one doesn't have a slit up to ... There.

I'm hoping the ONLY reason Josh stayed in is so that in the final runway he is thrashed and loses because of his attitude.
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

something tells me it is between anya and viktor. I don't buy te fast that anya said she just starting to sew.
    Allie likes this.

I loved Bert's dress. I loved the way the bold colors became visible when she moved, brilliant, subtle, not literal, stunning, the gray an awesome background, the silver beautiful and all wasted on this hack panel of judges. All colors of the bird it was a fantastic interpretation. I am sick of these judges who fawn over crap and downplay true classic and beautifully made clothes. All of their choice of winners have been duds so far. Not one has done a thing that is big news after the show ends. I think Bert was that person to make big news and now he is gone. They simply couldn't get past that he knew more than they did and his age. I am sick of Michael Kors waiting to see what Nina says and then saying exactly what she says only in a much meaner way. She is the sourest puss woman I have even seen and MK is so insecure he has to bring something twice as mean to try and impress that cold piece of marble. Heidi is just clueless in every way and cold but not as cold and dismissive as Nina who is in a class all by herself. I can picture her sending women and children to a firing squad and not even looking up from filing her nails. They sometimes have a guest judge such as Adam Lambert to critique someone's hard work on fashion??? Give me a break. I fast forward through most of the stupid antics of this show, I only want to see what the challenge is and the end result. The rest is a waste. If it looks good it will not win, if it looks like something from a rag bag it gets high praise especially if it is truly ugly. They are only looking for the next freak and not the best designer. Has nothing to do with design. Why don't they have better contestants on this show? I think it is a prerequisite that you must be odd, never had a real job of any kind or if so be on the skids for one reason or another. It really has nothing to do with people who are up and coming. There have only been one or two that actually sewed/designed for a living on the show. Crazy!!! But if you only want to watch for entertainment, then this is it!
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast