+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Laura should have gone.

And I don't get all the oohing and aahing over Josh's dress. It looked like he draped a rectangular piece of fabric over the model and kept it from falling off with a chain and a little feathery thing (which i actually liked). Bert's dress had structure and was sewn very nicely. And how classy was he in agreeing with the judge's critiques . . . very.
    Thank you. I thought Josh's dress looked like an orange flour sack with a tacky corsage draped on. (I loved that judge's comment about getting drunk in the Caribbean and ending up with that corsage.) I liked Bert's dress much better. Yes, I got what the judges were saying about the blahness of the gray color not matching a parrot. But like you said, Christian, it was sewn very nicely and those colors bursting out of the skirt made it look cool. And Bert's attitude on the runway definitely improved. Too bad Josh didn't learn from his mistakes and grow up, too.

I may take some flack for this, but people like Josh are the reason some people make fun of gay stereotypes. I believe that all of the men in tonight's show (including the judges and the divine Tim) are openly gay - but Josh is the only one who is almost a caricature of gayness. Please don't accuse me of being anti-gay. My closest brother is gay, and I don't judge anyone for who they love. I just hate to see people behaving in a way that brings derision on everyone who may be part of their same group.
    It has nothing to do with him being gay. I have a co-worker like Josh and she's straight. I've also had friends who were gay and who were some of the nicest people you'd ever meet. Josh simply has a very obnoxious personality. I am dreading his getting to the final. If he wins I hope he ends up being as unpopular as Wretchen. Maybe they could go into business together and whine all day long.

LOVED the after show! You go, girl! I hope Becky was watching that. She may not have had the best designs, but she, like Bert, had a lot more class than Josh.

The other designers:

--I liked Laura's design, but I could see what the judges meant about being too literal. If it hadn't of been based on a bird it would have been funky.

--Again, I liked Viktor's dress but I understand why the judges didn't. It was very literal.

--My favorite dress was Kimberly's, so I wish that she would have won. That's just personal preference, though.

--Anya had a lovely dress. She and Kimberly definitely deserved to be in the top. However, I did think it was very hypocritical not to give away any fabric when, as somebody here said, she literally wouldn't have had a dress last week if not for the other designers giving her fabric.
    Allie likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

maybe Josh and Kate Gosselin need to get together and have a pity party in a pitcher of beer....they are both sooooooo good with their tanturms and pity parties Josh's designs are okay but I hate his attitude..IT STINKS
    NFL1, Shoepie and Allie like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fanatic

I didn't watch the show...once I heard that Bert got the boot, any interest I had in the show (and there really wasn't much left) disappeared.

My view is that Anya is just as manipulative as Josh. She's just much, much better at masquerading it and getting people to fawn all over her.
    Allie and AZChristian like this.

Where was Laura in the aftershow?I thought it was weird that 5 of them from that episode were there and she wasn't. My DVR caught it a few minutes into it, so maybe they said and I missed it??

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Where was Laura in the aftershow?I thought it was weird that 5 of them from that episode were there and she wasn't. My DVR caught it a few minutes into it, so maybe they said and I missed it??
    Bert said she was there and he didn't know why she wasn't shown or something like that. He said she wasn't in the shot they used, I believe.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just finished watching "After the Runway" on my DVR. After seeing that, I think I'm going to keep track of where Josh goes to work, and I will go out of my way to avoid buying a product from any company that hires him. There are few people whose behavior I find as objectionable as his, and I hope that anyone with hiring authority n the fashion field who sees PR would run screaming in the other direction if he seeks employment with them. If he were my son and continued to behave that way, I'd change my name and take all of his pictures out of the family album. He and Kate Gosselin should hook up. They're cut from the same cloth.
    JulieAnn likes this.

I inadvertently spoiled myself for this episode. I opened it up forgetting I hadn't watched the episode yet. So I knew Bert was going. However, I did agree with him going this week, the same as he did. It was so unfortunate that he got the one bird he just couldn't get inspired by. His outfits have consistently been my favorites, even when the judges didn't necessarily like them. I thought Laura just as easily could have gone, but I did understand how when Bert couldn't defend his look they sent him packing.

I don't understand the love for Josh's dress because I didn't care for it at all. I didn't think it was flattering. Maybe it looked different in person, because they were talking about the draping and being flattering to her, and I didn't see that at all. To me it just looked boxy.

I loved that they showed the rest of the group getting along with Bert. It's so different from how it started and it seemed to be how he said, that they were finally getting his humor, etc.

Now I'm off to look at fashion week images, I've been reading that Bert's are some of the best and I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    ...Now I'm off to look at fashion week images, I've been reading that Bert's are some of the best and I believe it.
    At one site I read that his collection was the fan favorite.
    JulieAnn and AZChristian like this.

I just caught the rerun of After the Runway show and wow, Joshua hasn't learned one iota has he? All this time watching his horrible behavior and he still was trying to turn it around on Laura. No respect from me. Laura's right, lots of people have tragedies and money problems, he is nothing special in that category, even if he chooses to act horribly and blame it on that. I much prefer the ones who watch themselves and decide they don't like what they see and make a conscious effort to change. One example I can think of is Tiffani (sp?) from season one of Top Chef.

And I did love Bert's line when I saw it. I read a thing beside his name that said he's dressing Julie Bowen. Lucky lady.
    Shoepie, Allie and ButterflyFaery like this.

Why does anyone assume that Josh's sexuality has anything to do with his nasty attitude? Sure, he may have been made fun of in the past for being gay. Who hasn't been made fun of?
    Every single person on this earth has had to or will deal with very difficult issues in life.

Josh acts like he's too precious for anyone to react negatively towards. He's a pill. Plain and simple.
    I loved redheaded Laura, her intelligent questions, her maturity and resisting sending Josh to "time out," like she would one of her 6 kids because that's how Josh was acting. I will never forget Josh telling Bert: "I will not have it." The King has spoken!!
    Who says that???
    I almost cried the other day listening to Kim, being discouraged, talking about losing her mother, her step father and then her brother. I'm usually not a patsy that falls for the sob story but this time I didn't hear someone looking for pity. Then on "After the Runway" Josh tries to act like his and Kimberly's story and difficulites are the same.
    See. That's someone who needs pity.
    Good bye Burt. Sorry to see you go but you have great talent and you've really turned your life and difficulties around. yay, you. (Take note, Josh)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast