+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/6 Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Ah, so sad Bert is gone. Why you ask cause it means Joshua is still there. Bert's problem is if he is not into a challenge he lets it slide. Unfortunately, with only 6 people left that is a big mistake. Also for the first time ever Joshua made a fabulous dress. However the best part of tonight's Project Runway was the 30 minutes of After Project Runway which is like a mini reunion of the host, Kimberly, Bert, Anya, Joshua and Victor. Special guest was Laura Bennett, season 3 finalist and blogger. Laura had a chance to ask several questions of the designers but where it blew up is when she asked Joshua whether or not he was ashamed of his behavior toward the other designers Joshua did what he does best not take criticism and fully attacked Laura. I have to agree with Laura, Joshua is not the only person who has lost a parent, he is not the only one with school debt, but when you call him on it he goes into full on rabid dog mode. I am sorry Joshua is a failure as a human being and a fashion designer but them's the breaks.
    NFL1, Tobi, Duckyface and 1 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't finished watching this episode but am not bothered by reading spoilers. How sad that Bert is gone. I really thought and hoped he'd make it to the end ...at least the final 3.
    And note to Josh: Bert's life wasn't all that easy either.
    Another note to Josh: I was about ready to cry with Kimberley as she spoke about losing her mom at 17, then her step father and then her brother, trying to make it on her own w/o family.
    And another note to Josh: everyone has traumas, tragedies and great sorrows & difficulites in their life.
    I'm not sure why Josh is still there, his disigns and editing are just not that good.
    I think Anya is very creative....whether it's true that she's only been sewing for 4 months, I'm not so sure.
    The bad part is that every time I look at her, I keep remembering the photos of her scandalous photos on the net. Saw them when the show began and they present quite a different girl than what I see on PR.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If it's any consolation... (possible spoiler)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    During the after-show, Josh was whining about still being broke and in debt, so he may have inadvertently revealed that he didn't win. Of course, he could have been playing it up since I'm sure the producers told them not to reveal any info beyond the episode that just aired. But I doubt he would use it as an excuse when Laura is calling out his overall behavior for the whole season...
    What is the name of the after show so I can put that on my DVR? Thanks. I didn't know it existed. I am sorry to have missed Laura. She is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for that spoiler. I will take that as a slip and happy to hear that!

FORT Fogey

I agree that Bert should have gone. I have come to like him in the past two episodes but he is a ready to wear designer. That is not the focus of this show.

I agreed with the winners in each catagory. Good for Kim to pull it off at zero hour. I didn't care for her dress but I knew that Viktor was going to get the literal translation critique.

I loved Kor's comment about the coursage on Josh's dress! Josh is so full of BS. He claimed that he chose his more simple creation because he knew he had to reel himself in. NO. He didn't like his green mess. It was not about paying attention to the judges at all!

Ana's dress was pretty nifty. I get it that she sewed her into it but, hey, it was the best looking garment of the group. She will get it by the time she is finished with her collection. And I believe she will become a successful designer whether she wins or not. Her ideas are fabulous.

I was sad and shock to see Bert go. I thought Laura was going for sure.

I agree, the best part of tonight's show was the After the Show with Laura. Josh kept insulting Laura personally and she just ignored all the jabs, LOL. He tried playing the victim again, but this time it didn't work.
    NFL1 likes this.

did ya'll see the previews of the all star season coming up..that I will watch..saw Mondo in the mix...can't wait to see what him and the others many I like will come up with
    Allie likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are the pictures of this week's fashions:

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Laura should have gone.

And I don't get all the oohing and aahing over Josh's dress. It looked like he draped a rectangular piece of fabric over the model and kept it from falling off with a chain and a little feathery thing (which i actually liked). Bert's dress had structure and was sewn very nicely. And how classy was he in agreeing with the judge's critiques . . . very.

I may take some flack for this, but people like Josh are the reason some people make fun of gay stereotypes. I believe that all of the men in tonight's show (including the judges and the divine Tim) are openly gay - but Josh is the only one who is almost a caricature of gayness. Please don't accuse me of being anti-gay. My closest brother is gay, and I don't judge anyone for who they love. I just hate to see people behaving in a way that brings derision on everyone who may be part of their same group.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques:

Episode notes: Really, Anya? You won’t loan someone fabric when just last week you lost your money and wouldn’t have had anything without donations from fellow contestants. I could see her being reluctant if she was going head to head with Joshua but she wasn’t. Giving him fabric wouldn’t have hurt her chances of winning against Laura. What a creep. I hope no one else helps her from now on.

There's been too much repetition this season. We had a pet challenge plus now a bird challenge, two 70's look challenges, way too many team challenges. This has been one of the most disappointing seasons of Project Runway ever to me.

Anya: Once again, I disagree with the judges about this being the winning look of the week. I hate the bulky look of the top of the outfit, really hate the stupid flaps on the shoulders, and the way the front of the dress is shorter than the back. It looks very ill-fitting to me. I wish the judges had been clued in that the model had to be sewn into the outfit. I thought that wasn’t allowed in previous seasons. I do agree that Anya should have won over Laura for their category because Laura’s outfit was even worse but I would have chosen another designer as the best of the week.

Laura: Last night, I thought it was just the pants of this outfit that were poorly fitted but while editing the pictures this morning, I noticed the seams on the back of the top were wonky, too. Who knows what the seamlines are like under the feathers on the front? I agree with the judge who said the styling of this look was better than Anya’s. I like the model’s hair and makeup very much.

Kimberly: After all the drama and tears, Kimberly sure pulled out a great outfit! Personally, I wouldn’t wear a dress with an open slice through it like hers has on the front but if that was replaced with a strip of nude-colored fabric, I would. I love the subtle edging of peach showing through on the slit of the skirt. It’s enough to reference the cockatoo without being too literal.

Viktor: There were so many things I didn’t like about this dress. I didn’t like that you can seethe undergarment of the long, flowing dress. I would feel like my underwear were showing if I was wearing a dress like this. A few feathers might have been ok but the amount used here were too much. How funny is it that cocky Viktor talked about how Joshua’s editing was going to be his undoing. Looks like he could take a lesson on that himself. I thought Viktor’s outfit looked more bulky than Kimberly’s sleek formfitting outfit. Maybe it’s because of the underslip he used.

Joshua: I really liked Joshua’s outfit. The cut was very nice and I liked the color. I didn’t see what the big deal was about the corsage he used. It fit the outfit and wasn’t too much to me. If any of the other designers had included something like that on their outfit, I doubt the judges would have pointed it out.

Bert: I actually thought Bert’s outfit looked very nice on the runway, the way the slit gaped open to reveal the layers of colors beneath. When the model was standing still, though, I could see why the judges thought the dress looked plain. Still, I would have sent Bert home for this look. I probably would have sent him home for his attitude. I don’t like that if a challenge isn’t up his alley, he doesn’t even try.

Here’s how I would rank the fashions:

1. Joshua: Actually, it’s kind of a toss-up between Joshua and Kimberly. I think they’re both great but like Joshua’s just a bit better since it’s less revealing. It would be flattering to women of different shapes, not just long, thin models.
    2. Kimberly
    3. Anya
    4. Bert
    5. Viktor
    6. Laura

BTW, I noticed that this week the pictures at the Project Runway site were all the same size for a change. That sure made my job easier!
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-07-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Duckyface and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

I don't dislike Joshua because he is gay, I dislike Joshua because he is an a$$ and a crappy human being and a nasty backstabbing, hypocritical bully.
    justCoz, Allie, MFWalkoff and 3 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast