+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 9/29 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 9/29 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

My daughter and I watch PR together and when Anya lost her money and faced the prospect of making her garment from muslin, my daughter said "watch her be the one who wins". Dang! My girl called it!!!

I preferred Viktors look, even though I don't like the man himself. Yes, he is less annoying than Josh, but that's kinda like saying being shot in the head with a nail gun is less annoying than a gaping chest wound. While I'm ranting on the subject of the two of them, I feel compelled to add that I would have sided with Viktor in the 'waiting room' when Josh got snippy (as he so often does) when discussing whether or not he should have known what 70's fashions were even though he was 'barely alive in the 80's".

With Anthony Ryan gone, I'm rooting for Bert. Laura annoys me with her "poor me" attitude (Nina doesn't like me, I have to work with Bert AGAIN, etc.......). Anya almost never finishes on time (plus I still don't believe the only sewing for 4 months thing*) and Kimberly is too inconsistent.

*During the show, we hear Josh say that Anya's only been sewing for 4 months and "it shows". Hmmmmm . . . . who won this challenge and who was in the bottom two? Hellooooooooooooooooo!
    Starbucks880 and AZChristian like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just took a look at the Piperlime website. Anya's jumpsuit is selling for $198.00 and Bert's dress is $98.00

Women: Seen on Project Runway | Piperlime
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Anya does have time issues to work out and if she's not careful it will harm her. That said, she did a lovely outfit for $11.50. I also didn't mind the color of the top - though I might've tried black or blue - but it did at least compliment the pants. The jumpsuit is what saved her more. Not upset with her winning for these outfits, especially since she could've had to do the suit all in muslin (thanks to AR for at least giving her something and wanting WORK to factor in, not material).

Bert's outfits... well, um... I'll be nice in that while I loved both outfits, he had the hot pants just a tad too short and if you looked at the top of the little dress, you could see the woman's chest in a little more detail than you should. Still, both were will made, reflected the '70s but still had a twist on the old.

Was glad on both though they have an outfit on PiperLime (which looking at the prices may be a little high, but fairer than other season outfits. Bert's is closer to a fair price for a stylist's design).

Victor - OK, I love the outfits, but I have to admit that while surprised that they didn't offer to sell the shirt, it was fair because he did have a little TOO conservative clothes for this challenge. The '70s had glamour, even in business suits and such, so that harmed him. I also didn't like his comments about Anya in regard to it being a competition and such and not offering to loan fabric. She's willing to help out some with her input, so if it's a contest, then yeah... he should then turn down her advice and work on it on his own. He is a great designer, but his attitude can harm him long term if he keeps this up.

Josh - not surprised he stayed in in spite of hideous clothes. They want the drama, but the outfit at least did fit the models in a flattering way. I was very surprised they kept him after defending himself in such an argumentative way. I do disagree with them on the acid trip leopard print though - I thought it looked OK myself, but it might've been better as a midi- or mini- instead of a maxi-dress. But the pants.... Um, NO - they were absolutely horrid. Mondo did make highwaisted pants last season; however, he did it properly and the model didn't look like she had lovehandles. Here, Josh created lovehandles at the hips and in the back where the plaid met at the bottom... uh... it kinda looked like she had dirtied her pants.

I will note that I liked his magenta/black top; however, this is reflective of sci-fi shows from the '70s such as "Space: 1999" for the very bold geometric design.

AR - I liked his outfits myself, but they may have been a little too safe and boring. They also were the closest to being literal costume from the '70s, which I would say did him in more than anything.

Laura's - Honey, Mondo you are not. These print completely clashed, whereas Mondo understood you needed complimenting clashing (I know - oxymoron, but anyone who's seen his prints will get the idea). The skirt was nice, but that was about it.

Kimberley's was also another I go "How was she safe?" The separates weren't complete and I have to admit that showed some, the top didn't fit, and honestly both outfits were just as boring. I think she should've been bottom three.

All in all, the winners were deserved, Victor has got to let the attitude drop or it will harm him (and yes, I do think it'll harm him unlike Gretchen's last season), and I think final three will be Anya, Bert and Victor at this rate with possibly Josh fighting Victor for the final three spot.
    Cootie likes this.

I love Bert's designs but then we are from the same era. I think Bert & Vicktor are in the finals for sure. Both make wearable clothes.
    My allergies are killing me so I took 2 Benedryl before PR started so I didn't see most of this show. I did wake-up during the night to the runway section & saw those GOD-awful pants & thought I was having a nitemare. So please tell me those pants were "awf-ed".
    Just saw Bert's dress...loved it/want it/gotta save $98.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I love Bert's designs but then we are from the same era. I think Bert & Vicktor are in the finals for sure. Both make wearable clothes.
    My allergies are killing me so I took 2 Benedryl before PR started so I didn't see most of this show. I did wake-up during the night to the runway section & saw those GOD-awful pants & thought I was having a nitemare. So please tell me those pants were "awf-ed".
    Just saw Bert's dress...loved it/want it/gotta save $98.
    Mr. "God-awful" poopy plaid pants - Josh - was NOT eliminated. Anthony Ryan, who made a couple of boring but well made outfits, was eliminated.

I did have to laugh though that Bert no only referenced Charlie's Angels (even his model did), but he chose Shelley Hack, who was the one who was fired from the show for not being a "good actress." Actually, that honor went to Tanya Roberts who followed her. Still... it's funny out of all the blondes on that show, he chose Hack, probably the least popular of the three (Farrah Fawcett and Cheryl Ladd were the other two).

FORT Fogey

get JOSH off my TV!!! He has been the bratty, nasty b*tch who can't play in the sandbox...and thinks he's holier than thou! This was a perfect opportunity...he steals ideas, and spins the inspiration to try to rise to the top...he belongs in the furthest depths of fashion hell.
    JulieAnn and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    get JOSH off my TV!!! He has been the bratty, nasty b*tch who can't play in the sandbox...and thinks he's holier than thou! This was a perfect opportunity...he steals ideas, and spins the inspiration to try to rise to the top...he belongs in the furthest depths of fashion hell.
    I agree, and he even made the outfit poorly. This is also why I wasn't happy with Victor - wouldn't give money/fabric to Anya in the name of the game, but wasn't cutthroat enough to go and tell the judges about Josh's copying a design idea.

I mean, yeah I'm sure Victor was worried the judges would get mad at him for tattling, but if he had mentioned the copycat technique, and it be poorly executed on top of that, we might've had IMHO the right person eliminated. He also had less to worry about if he tattled because the judges loved his outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I've been thinking this for weeks so I'm putting it out there...does anyone besides me sense that Josh and Bert might hook up after the show? Even when they weren't getting along, there seemed to be an undercurrent of sexual tension between them and I still feel that. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, hell, no! I think my brain is seared just thinking about it.
    Cootie and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

After watching tonight's runway it looks pretty obvious that (hopefully) Bert, Victor and Anya are heading for the final three.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-30-2011 at 04:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast