+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Just out of sheer curiosity I would like to know how Olivier grew up-he is so out of touch with reality. I had to laugh when the band started playing and he covered his ears in shock, like that was the first time he had heard any sound above a breathy whisper. Not only was it a bit rude (the band probably thought he didn't like their music), but it was just overly dramatic. And don't get me started on his definition of 'plus size'! He truly seemed offended that he would be asked to design anything for anyone bigger than a 6 foot tall stick. Sadly I really wanted to like him, but the antics of the past few weeks have totally turned me off. I am actually starting to like Josh a bit more- which in and of itself is kind-of scary!
    Endit and Little Sew&Sew like this.

I really don't know about Oliver - I mean too at Mood he went straight for the Beige colors. And, I could almost swear I heard Tim sigh or groan when he did that besides his usual harping to Oliver to get a move on or he'd end up DQ'd.

The top upon rewatching looks like a shirt from the '70s. In fact out of all of them his actually was sewn more accurately for the time instead of at least attempting to design differently.

I actually think the bad is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of bands; however, I'd get the Sheepdog's music when it comes out.

As far as next week, I feel for Anya. I think this week's shakeup has affected her some. I hope she is able to get some fabric, but I think she'll end up with muslin - so she'll either succeed very well with it or it's a crash and burn.

Possible spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have a feeling she ends up having to use muslin, because the dress next to her looks a similar texture to said fabric, just dyed magenta.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-23-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are the pictures of this week's fashions:

Team Harmony

Team Untitled

I didn't like that nasty big zipper on Joshua's pant (and I noticed that he copied the fringe from Viktor). Now Oliver's pants were well made, as Kimberly (the shirts, not so much).

Anya's was a hot mess, plain and simple. Bert made this guy look like a pissed off Chatty Kathy doll. Lauren's outfit made the guy look like he just got off work from a meat plant (way too much red) and the jacket OMG, what was that?? I didn't understand the scarf.

I loved Viktor's design because the guy really did look like a rocker. I thought Nina was the only honest judge last night. The rest of them tried to find some good in the garments, but Ms. Nina said "hell no" that crap is ugly. Especially when she said Lauren's jacket looked to girlie. Too funny.

Hey does anybody know if the designer gets to keep the change from their budget at Moods? I noticed that Bert had $150 left over last night, so he gave some to Anya because she was over budget.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    Bert made this guy look like a pissed off Chatty Kathy doll.

Hey does anybody know if the designer gets to keep the change from their budget at Moods? I noticed that Bert had $150 left over last night, so he gave some to Anya because she was over budget.
    In fairness to Bert, I think the hair stylist decided on the braids and asked him, and he said it's up to him, which I thought meant the rocker. I think he was OK with the outfit, it just wasn't his idea of the style. I do think he was happier with it than with Oliver's outfit... but then again I think he was just happy that Oliver HAD an outfit for him.

Yes, I honestly thought we'd have our first non-show person on the show this week, and I think had Oliver lasted longer we'd actually SEEN it.

As far as the change... I don't know about keeping it, but I was surprised that they could share it. I think he gave it to Laura though, not Anya (which honestly would be worse because it'd meant she spent that money on fabric when she could've gotten away using muslin and tie-dying it).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques:

Team Harmony notes: My impression when watching the judging on the show was that they looked like a group of cavemen being lead by a guy in his pajamas who rolled over a chili dog in his sleep. The only look I somewhat liked was Laura’s.

Anthony: Anthony is so used to designing womenswear, he seems to have no idea how to make a man’s outfit. The fabrics in this outfit could be used to make a look for both men and women, but this version is the ladies’ version. I could see a female executive wearing this to a business meeting. The cut of both the top and the bottom is just wrong for the male physique.

Anya: I laughed so much at Michael Kors calling this look “Reggae Jesus”. I think it’s the trim at the bottom of the sleeves and shirt that really kills the look. I’m so disappointed in Anya. She usually creates great pieces with fabulous prints. Why did she stray from that formula and create this bland look. The guy looks like he has a napkin tucked into the front of his shirt so he can eat lunch without messing up his top.

Bert: Personally, I didn’t like the pigtails even though the judges did. Both the color and shape of the shirt and jacket do nothing for me. They look like they once were a dark blue fabric that has lightened from repeated washings. Overall, it gives the guy a couch potato look, like this is his favorite outfit he’s been wearing for years and won’t stop wearing until he loses it or someone who knows him and is tired of seeing him in it throws it away.

Laura: Whereas the singer likes chili on his hot dogs, this guy appears to like ketchup on his hot dog and has dribbled it on his shirt. If only he had tucked a napkin in to his shirt like their other friend! The rest of the outfit is nice, though. If Laura had paired it with a plain white shirt, it would have been even better.

Team Untitled notes: No outfit from this group really hit it out of the park. There were parts of each outfit I liked but each outfit had a problem area that kept me from really liking it.

Joshua: Joshua knew he wanted to get into this guy’s pants as soon as he saw his snakeskin boots. Lol! Joshua had some great ideas but he used too many of them. If he had taken a lesson from last week’s challenge and edited himself, he could have had another win. He should have either done the vest with a plain colored shirt underneath or used the shirt he has and skipped the vest. Together, they’re too much. I really like the pants but like Michael Kors said, the detail at the bottom of the leg was too much and the pockets in back were too dark. Perhaps he could have used the gray color on the vest for the pockets.

Kimberly: I agreed with Adam Lambert that this look is very Shaggy from the Scooby Doo cartoons. The hemline around the neck is too costumy for me. It would look awesome as the neckline for a vampire’s shirt in a Halloween costume but isn’t what I’d expect to see on a rock star’s outfit.

Olivier: Overall, this look isn’t bad. I like the general colors used but don’t like the floral print of the shirt. If the same colors could have been used in a different print, I would have liked it more. I like the idea of the pockets and the yoke in back but don’t like the color of the fabric used. I would have used the beige color of the shirt for those details so they would fade into the background.

Viktor: Viktor certainly has a calling for creating jackets. There was a female contestant on PR in a previous season who was also good at jackets (was that Korto??). He ought to go into business with her after this season and they could create their own line of outerwear. The only thing I don’t like about this outfit is the shirt. He’s got such a strong masculine vibe going with the rest of the look and then pairs it with a daisy print?? What, did he get dressed in the dark and grab his girlfriend’s blouse by mistake?

Overall, the designers did not do well designing for men. The fabrics seemed too thin and the prints often too floral or feminine colored. I was shocked that Olivier didn’t do better on the fit of his outfit since he’s the only one of them with experience designing for men. Of course, he only designs for size zeroes so he couldn’t dress a man with a few pounds on him. I’m glad Olivier is gone. He was driving me crazy always going for the same bland neutral colors and not being able to work well with clients. It’s about time he got auff’d.

Here’s how I would rank the fashions:
    1. Viktor—Only the shirt was a bust. The rest is pure win!
    2. Laura—It stood out and looked sharp.
    3. Joshua—Sexy and very rock star.
    4. Olivier—Not bad but not great.
    5. Anthony—A different cut and this would have been one of the top looks. It needs sleeves on the shirt and better tailoring of the pants, tighter.
    6. Anya—Threw in the towel and didn’t really seem to try, or maybe just ran out of time.
    7. Kimberly—No Scooby Snacks for you. Bad dog!
    8. Bert—This is like the first challenge where you had to create an outfit for your model using the clothes you were wearing. Only you didn’t do anything with the pajamas.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-23-2011 at 02:14 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Just out of sheer curiosity I would like to know how Olivier grew up-he is so out of touch with reality. I had to laugh when the band started playing and he covered his ears in shock, like that was the first time he had heard any sound above a breathy whisper. Not only was it a bit rude (the band probably thought he didn't like their music), but it was just overly dramatic. And don't get me started on his definition of 'plus size'! He truly seemed offended that he would be asked to design anything for anyone bigger than a 6 foot tall stick. Sadly I really wanted to like him, but the antics of the past few weeks have totally turned me off. I am actually starting to like Josh a bit more- which in and of itself is kind-of scary!
    Oliver is a punk. For some reason, I don't trust Oliver to be telling truths - about his accent, his skill level, anything.

OK. His reaction to the band was weird. In his interview: If you weren't designing, you'd be... A musician." Really? I mean the band was not that loud. I have heard very loud classical music as well.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Bert called Olivier a "delicate personality." Maybe that is who he is - certainly not strong enough for a competition of any sort, much less the stress level induced in this one.

I wasn't excited about any of the designs, but I liked the lavender of Bert's top the most. What I did love was Adam Lambert laughing at Michael Kors' bon mots.

Next week looks like another disaster challenge where no one meets the mark. *sigh*
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Butt ugly outfits...all of them.
    pikachu likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast