+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Oliver said he didn't want to work with clients at all; just design. Not in the REAL world, sweetie. I think he thinks he can just hole up in his studio and design on manikins then hope someone likes the design (art work?) enough to buy it. He really is out of his element on this type of show where time management and odd challenges are the rule.
    Olivier just drove me nuts last night. I don't care how softly he speaks, he was being unbelievably rude. He doesn't like to design for "fat" people (in other words, anyone other than his size zero models). He doesn't like bosoms, because they interfere with the line of his design (then get out of clothing design and try designing something that's meant to be flat--like wallpaper). He doesn't want to deal with clients and have them speaking to him and interfering with his precious creative process (again--try wallpaper). There is no way this guy is going to have a career if he can't deal with clients at all. Nor, frankly, does he deserve to have a career if he finds it inconvenient for people to speak or have normal anatomical features like breasts.

I really did not need to hear him whisper his insulting opinions in that breathy, weak as a reed way after having spent the day shopping for blouses and fitted jackets--and having to go up a size to accommodate my bust when I've a freakin' B cup. Yegads, the stupid "you have to be flat to wear clothes" is even invading department store ready to wear. Olivier and his ilk can keep their precious talent to themselves if they can't buck up and recognize that women have--and are supposed to have--curves. We're not walking hangers for your designs. We're actual people. And, by the way, I may be twice your age, but I can work out for two hours straight on an elliptical without having a panic attack and passing out. So there.
    pikachu, mandmmom2 and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Out of curiousity, I decided to try inverting the colors of Viktor's skirt. I definitely like this better than the yellow.

I was very surprised Viktor didn't win. I think his design was the best. And I thought he was going to win because all 4 judges gushed over his design. I think the yellow mustard accents worked but I think he lost to Joshua because he over-accessorized. The sunglasses and the purse were unneccessary. The blue in the mod you made is a bit bright. I think a pastel color would work better or same color as the top or with a different shade. Anna's was nice too and should be runner-up but the one sleeve threw off a couple of the judges. Joshua's dress was good but that is not Joshua. His style is gaudy and what he did is more of a Bert style.

Bert should not have been in the bottom 3. They put him there because judges were getting bored of him doing simple stuff trying to play safe. Didn't he used to design for men? Well next week he might excel. I hope Viktor and Anna make the final 3. I hate the fact that Joshua got two wins already. I hope he just misses the top 3. I don't know who I want for 3rd finalist yet but I don't want the boring designs of Bert.

you know it really ticked me off when that one guy said he hated making clothes for "fat" people..urghhhhhhhh you know you crud eating slime ball not every one is a size 0 and I hate to break it to you but women have breasts and they come in all shapes and sizes

what bothers me with this and with some other shows Patti on Millionaire Matchmaker and Judy and Kelli on Dallas Cowboys making the team they announce it on tv and to the public that certain girls need to lose weight and I am like..WTH you are telling girls that are no bigger than a size 4 that they are too fat

do any of these people consider the young girls that are watching these shows and how these comments can affect their lives..we have so many middle school and high school girls out there now with eating disorders because they see themselves as too fat based on what they see on tv and read about in magazines
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I am surprised no one has commented that the outfit Oliver created is almost a copy of the outfit Kimberly made for Nina.

BTW Lifetime is marathoning Project Lifetime and I was watching the reunion of season 2 and when you watch those designers and their personalities and this season, you can tell that this season's group is all on valium.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am surprised no one has commented that the outfit Oliver created is almost a copy of the outfit Kimberly made for Nina.

BTW Lifetime is marathoning Project Lifetime and I was watching the reunion of season 2 and when you watch those designers and their personalities and this season, you can tell that this season's group is all on valium.
    I mentioned that in one of the threads! I'm glad someone else caught that. I think it would have looked even more similar if he had gone with the original color for the top (Wasn't he the one that had a yellow and with Tim's comment switched to the more neutral one???) ... This group IS rather boring, true.

And whats with Oliver's model not wanted a seam up her butt. A well made pair of ladies pants should make your behind look like an upsidedown heart. I hate unibutts.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

I thought it resembled another top but couldn't remember which one. That was it. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    The blue in the mod you made is a bit bright. I think a pastel color would work better or same color as the top or with a different shade.
    I just did a simple color inversion because that was easier to do than editing in a different color. Regardless, I still like that result between than that awful mustard yellow! I really hated the yellow next to the gray and didn't think it complemented her skin tone, either. Apparently I"m in a minority since everyone else seems to have loved it.

Bryce is finally gone. Thank god. Took a long time but he's finally pruned. I don't hate him but he was not in the same league as the rest of them. You could tell because he was fussing with the idea so much, the competition just got under his skin (and it probably would mine too), so it was the right thing.

Something nobody has mentioned is plain obvious, Oliver is just very high maintenance. I didn't find it offensive cause honestly the industry works that way and models are MODELS, but at least he admitted it was ego driven. Everything has to be separate, like the relationship of the model with him, to the design, to the body shape. With this challenge, it was all combined. There was a constant relationship with both the client and the model, and the final design was to be determined by the model and her body shape. I guess I am not making a big deal out of it cause the guys left maybe weren't fat, but they weren't lean or anything. And considering how most of them (especially him), are trained and used to working with sticks, to me it felt more like this scene in "Drawn Together" when Foxy Brown is about to beat the hell out of Princess Clara, and then she realizes that Clara isn't really racist, she's just dumb as hell and been drinking her Daddy's koolaid forever. She can't be totally mad at somebody truly ignorant. Oliver probably had his environment controlled so much that this was too much of a change at once and the reaction is just kinda ignorant cause that's all he knows (he even admited he has never designed for a client like this).

I'm saying Joshua's edit has to do with his win. I agree with somebody above, it was a little black dress. It was good but Anya took a risk and it was unique. Ironically the judges chose the SAFE choice to win, something they harp on the contestants about.
    Last edited by Endit; 09-17-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Oh, I must say that this group of real women models were the best amateur walkers I have ever seen on Project Runway and they are had really good bodies for "real women".
    Shoepie likes this.

Oliver's "model" (or should I unkindly say, cougar) drove me nuts. I'm not absolving Oliver of his poor judgements about fat people and women's breasts but she was definitely a pill. She actually looked like she should have been on a Housewife show instead of PR. She had that "look" and attitude. She looked like she keeps her plastic surgeon on retainer, just in case. I think Oliver was nicer to her than I would have been. I was glad when he finally stated what he needed to say....this was about the competition and his design, not what she wanted.
    And I'm not really a fan of Oliver....or however he pretentiously spells his name.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast