+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/15 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Seriously...what person of the male persuasion over the age of 13 (gay, straight or otherwise) doesn't know what a Double D cup is? Did Oliver grow up in a bubble? Because he is so softspoken and likeable he can say a lot of things that if more outspoken designers (like Josh) said them viewers would be having a fit. Just last night he was saying he didn't mind fat people, but he didn't like designing for them. He said he didn't want to design for woman with boobs just for woman with flat chests, and he also said something to the effect of he wished his clients would just be quiet and not have a say and let him do what he wants. Well Oliver when I find a boobless anorexic with laryngitis who likes wearing beige I'll send them your way.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Though I don't like Josh I did adore that dress! It was flawless right down to the blue shoes.
    It was killing me while watching to admit how much I loved that dress . . . I, too, have come to really dislike Josh because of his behavior. But this dress was drop-dead wonderful.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

Good luck to Oliver and his extremely small client base: boob less, depressed, anorexic mutes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't watched yet but want to say...Oliver hasn't been on my like list for a while. I dislike Josh, can care less about Bert either way, and Oliver...was a meh to me but now I dislike him (he is a quiet Josh).
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

There is something wrong with Oliver. He is way too timid and freaked for there not to be a diagnosis.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not surprised at all by the amount of Oliver bashing. It's what I came in here for! He was just down-right offensive, but he did it in such a meek and mild way that it came off as just some weirdo whining. I've had my doubts about him from the beginning. Still don't buy the accent. Now I'm wondering about him even more . . . . Double D's ????? who doesn't know what that is?!?!

I must admit, as much as I dislike Josh as a person, I did love that dress. Of course, I would have worn Anthony Ryan's dress as well. Getting quite accustomed to being on the opposite end of the spectrum from the judges.

I did not care for Anya's design at all. It reminded me of a project created by a friend in Home Economics class (many years ago). She made a mistake cutting the fabric and ending up not having enough for both sleeves, plus her hem wasn't straight. It looked every bit as much of an "oops" back then as it did last night.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    4. Anna and Victor were robbed. Talk about safe - that black number is a NORMAL design (little black dress) and the trim made it feel to me like a dressy 1950s dress. Victor's and Anna's were fun - and yes judges, Anna could've won again even with immunity. I really liked the elegance and runway look to it.
    I completely agree. Last week Victor should have won. This week, I thought Anya should have taken it, with Viktor second. I didn't think Josh stood a chance against their designs. Josh's dress was cute, but I felt like he got the win JUST because he refrained from bedazzling it. The ONLY reason he didn't was his client!!! Anya's design was interesting and beautiful. Viktor's was cute and perfect for his client.

I agree with all the comments about Oliver. It is RIDICULOUS that he is incapable of dealing with a client that actually has a figure and ::gasp:: speaks and has an opinion!!
    NFL1 likes this.

I thought Josh's dress was beautiful, but something I have seen before. I agree with closetRTWatcher that he probably got the win because his client held him back from his usual style. I felt Victor should have won this week. Anya's was OK. It was different but I didn't like it. I thought the one sleeve didn't fit. Not the fact that it HAD one sleeve, but THAT one sleeve. Bert should have been safe but the warning was justified. His client was over the top about the dress. You could so tell. Oliver should have been in the bottom. And I feel that top looked like the one that Nina wore and was on the taxi cab ad.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oliver is really pissing me off. He thought those men were fat. He needs some glasses. Then he says he doesn't like women with breasts. Has ever been out in the real world?
    I agree.

You know, all of these designers kind of live in their own little world, but Oliver is just way out there. Something feels off about him but I can't figure out what it is. He is so awkward, and not in the same way that so many of these folks are awkward. In some ways he makes me think of these guy I know who is high functioning autistic.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Oliver said he didn't want to work with clients at all; just design. Not in the REAL world, sweetie. I think he thinks he can just hole up in his studio and design on manikins then hope someone likes the design (art work?) enough to buy it. He really is out of his element on this type of show where time management and odd challenges are the rule.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast