+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

When Josh made his "I will not have it" comment, my jaw dropped. He was talking to someone who has worked for design icons who wouldn't hire Josh to sweep their workrooms, much less design for them. I admire Bert for not decking the jerk. Yes, Bert swore at the printer. Shucks, I'm a pretty conservative Christian, and I'VE sworn at printers.

Josh - next time you're near Wal-Mart, pick up a broom. Then start sweeping. Your stuff ain't that good that you can act the way you do and expect anyone to put up with you. Come to think of it, Kate Gosselin is looking for a new nanny. You two deserve each other! You DO wrap your pizza before you hand it to someone, don't you?
    Endit, Allie and mandmmom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32 View Post
    The show was definitely better on Bravo. Setting aside the fact that there will probably never be a designer as original as Jay McCarroll, by this time in every season until they went to Lifetime there had been some really outstanding moments:

Season one: right off the bat, the corn husk dress from Austin, later the Chrysler Building dress, Kara Saun's post-apocalyptic ensemble on the group challenge.

Season two: Santino's first design (the one they did beforehand), Daniel and Chloe in the flower challenge, the dirty water dress from Andrae.

Season three: Michael Knight's coffee filter dress, the Pamela Greer inspired outfit, most of Uli's designs, Jeffrey's couture gown (as much as I despised him), most of Laura's designs.

Season four: Christian Siriano's first design, Chris March's first design (that purple dress moved like water), the two Christian's in the couture challenge, Victorya and Jillian's coat, Jillian and Rami's designs in the candy challenge, both Christians in the wrestling challenge.

Season five: After a shaky start, Leanne's work was beautiful (she seemed to have turned it around with the city challenge. Joe and Korto's design in the drag queen challenge, Tami's city outfit that Sandra Bernhard loved and her drag queen challenge outfit as well.
    Thank you for the lovely memories. I needed it after last season and this one.

Since they moved to Lifetime, there hasn't been a winning collection to compare with Leanne's or Siriano, let alone Jay's. And the personalities were better on Bravo. Santino was a jerk, but he was memorable (remember his imitations?). Austin was an amazing, genuine character, Laura Bennett had that cutting humor (too much so for some people). I could go on. True, there were some amazing clunkers when the show was on Bravo (Suede anyone?), but what was good was undeniable. This season in particular seems really uninspired. Not even the skills can compare to the best of season 1-5. It could be the pool of talent is getting shallower. But I also think producers interference is a problem. And they should fix the schedule so we don't have so many collections showing at Fashion Week.
    Again, thank you. Before last season, the only person I simply could not stand was Jeffry. I stopped watching halfway through his season. Overall, I didn't mind the outspoken designers, like Santino, because they could back it up with great design skills. And like you said, Santino's impersonations were hilarious. It seems that now the producers want to focus on the drama just like a typical reality show, and so they've brought in people who go out of their way to be cruel to their fellow contestants. I think it's an insult to all the designers who came before them on this show.

AZ said:

When Josh made his "I will not have it" comment, my jaw dropped. He was talking to someone who has worked for design icons who wouldn't hire Josh to sweep their workrooms, much less design for them. I admire Bert for not decking the jerk. Yes, Bert swore at the printer. Shucks, I'm a pretty conservative Christian, and I'VE sworn at printers.
    Or the office copy machine when you're trying to copy 30 pages and it keeps crumpling them.

Josh - next time you're near Wal-Mart, pick up a broom. Then start sweeping. Your stuff ain't that good that you can act the way you do and expect anyone to put up with you. Come to think of it, Kate Gosselin is looking for a new nanny. You two deserve each other! You DO wrap your pizza before you hand it to someone, don't you?
    I love it!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I was also shocked by Josh's comment. In the first place as was shown Bert didn't even use the F bomb the first time. He used a euphemism the first time. When Josh questioned him is when he finally said it and was bleeped. Then Josh's comment about how it shows a lack of intelligence to use swear words, followed by two instances of him mispronouncing 'frustrating' was clever editing. I'm on board with all the comments about how the show has gone downhill since the move to Lifetime, but I liked the irony of them showing his statements.

I never saw the show on Bravo but I have seen re runs and it seems like they gave the designers enough time to make garments which might explain why there were so many good ones then and so many medicore ones now..well with the exception of Mondo...loved his work...I also heard that if they were going to fashion week they had months to work on their collections and now its like they have 6 to 8 weeks..with that amount of time what do they expect besides granny panties
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345