+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 9/1 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/1 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I woke up at 2 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched the episode, which I'd DVR'd in the bedroom. How enjoyable to see the designers work with someone (the kids) without all the drama of previous episodes. Even Bert and Josh spoke civilly to each other - even when the kids weren't around. Made the whole show more enjoyable. Wasn't overly impressed with most of what was done, but I DID love the episode nonetheless.
    Yes, it was so refreshing. That's why I will NOT watch next week's episode. I'm sorry, but two team challenges is enough. And I am sick of the Burt vs everybody drama and Josh M's I-am-God-so-obey-me-peasants egotism. I simply will not give TPTB what they want by watching them ruin my show to make it trashy like most of the other reality shows out there.

That does remind me, though. I was really proud of Heidi for her attitude. Even though she didn't like AR last week (and I totally agreed with her), she seemed sincere this week when she congratulated him. And he did seem a bit chastened after last week. Hopefully he'll focus on designing and let Joshua continue to make a fool of himself with the bad attitude.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Boy, has Olivier lost his way.

What an awful train wreck he designed this week. Avant-garde? Ummm, no ... just bad college-toga-party wear!

Did the judges really find Joshua C.'s Rocky-Horror-Time-Warp inspired design worst or is it that the promise of Olivier saved him for another week?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Boy, has Olivier lost his way.
    It's so odd. I know that Oliver has lived in Chicago, England, and Italy - and it shows in his speech. He started out with a British accent, switched to something that sounded like an Italian accent, and now sounds Oriental. He seems to be in a real identity crisis - personally and with his designs.

FORT Fogey

I think Olivier just isn't happy being there and it's showing in his attitude and in his designs. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who works well under pressure. You don't just have to be a good designer to succeed on PR. You have to be a good, fast designer.

Or maybe he's just missing being at home or missing someone at home or he just doesn't deal well with having to live with a bunch of strangers with whom he also has to compete. I could see where that could be really draining.

Whatever it is, I sometimes think he would be better off getting auf'd, because he seems to have lost his enthusiasm for the competition altogether. Better he should go home, and recharge physically,mentally, and emotionally than develop a televised reputation for designing valium couture.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post

Did the judges really find Joshua C.'s Rocky-Horror-Time-Warp inspired design worst or is it that the promise of Olivier saved him for another week?

I love it!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I was so completely lost on this episode. The wolf dress was changed because it was so literal, but other than they yellow flowy dress, they all looked pretty literal to me. Than the judges were all over the board with that is not wearable to that is too wearable. I would be so confused if I was the contestants as to what they want.

Olivier is obviously not in his own skin yet. He is young and still searching for his place. This whole experience is either going to make or break him, and unfortunately right now it is breaking him.

I do not care how rude Burt is he is the elder to everyone there and should garner a little more respect. I am not saying that they have to be nice to him no matter what, but they show him absolutely no respect whatsoever for him being their elder. Josh and his fits is getting ridiculous. I felt like saying to him in this episode you think your mother is watching and proud, I think she is shaking her head at how rude and nasty you are.

I truly think that Olivier should have went home, his dress was the worst by far.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post

I do not care how rude Burt is he is the elder to everyone there and should garner a little more respect. I am not saying that they have to be nice to him no matter what, but they show him absolutely no respect whatsoever for him being their elder. Josh and his fits is getting ridiculous. I felt like saying to him in this episode you think your mother is watching and proud, I think she is shaking her head at how rude and nasty you are.

I truly think that Olivier should have went home, his dress was the worst by far.
    Respect is earned and does not automatically come with with age. I don't see Bert respecting any of the younger designers. It goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Respect is earned and does not automatically come with with age. I don't see Bert respecting any of the younger designers. It goes both ways.
    I agree. From what I have seen Bert has been acting rather puerile himself!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

People show respect to those who show respect to them. Bert has shown absolutely NO respect to his fellow competitors. I don't think any lack of respect shown to him has to do with his age. He made himself an outsider with his bad attitude.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234