+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 9/1 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/1 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

This was one of my favorite challenges and runway show. It was fun to see the creative process from inspiration to the final look. This cast is one of my favorite casts, they're so talented.

FORT Fogey

It always takes me awhile to click into this show even though it is on my short list of all time favorites.

Anya stands out to me as a favorite but beyond her I do not have a solid sense of the others. Well, Bert and Josh M are not compelling. Josh is downright nasty.

I wasn't impressed with most of the creations last night. I thought Laura did an excellent job on her peach dress inspired by a rose. I agree with Kenneth Cole on the winning dress being poorly excuted though a great concept.

Bert,oh my. The proportion of those pants were horrific. And of course the stuffed shapes were as bad.

Anya had the most interesting garment, for me. The stiff skirt was odd but they said avant garde and that implies it will not be worn by anyone other than Kylie Minogue so she should have been in the final 3. She has had much more sewing experience that her story indicates. Sewing is one thing but cutting patterns is another. This girl has more in her resume than she is divulging. I like her though.

I liked Josh M's skirt but the top did not look good to me. I think with the judging, you have to be there. In person and on TV vary greatly.

Laurie on Trading Spaces was criticized for using too much yellow. She said it showed up better on TV than most colors. And it did, her rooms were always stand outs for me.

That brings me to poor depressed Oliver. His days are numbered if he continues so create from his Eyore perspective.

FORT Fogey

I really liked Laura's rose-inspired dress. It moved beautifully, and if it wasn't avant garde enough, it was something that could be worn by more people on a red carpet. Or turned into something marketable more easily. I realize that wasn't the challenge, but it does show that she has possibilities as a designer beyond the show.

I agree that Josh should never have been brought back. He was brought back because the other designers liked him personally, not because any of them thought he was especially talented. Heck, maybe that was part of it too--they all figured he was likely to go early and perhaps spare one of them an exit the same week. The other Josh...well, the skirt was okay, but I didn't like the top. And his attitude is awful.

I'm sure next week will be terrible. Yet another team challenge? This time with even more people per team? Ick. Couldn't we have more individual challenges so we could get a better idea of how each designer actually designs? Besides, sometimes team challenges, especially larger team challenges, just same people who should go home, because they happen to be on the overall winning team.

Oh, I almost forgot Olivier. I didn't like his design either, but heck, his pet shop outfit was sad and depressing too, and yet the judges praised it, some of them particularly liking the bland color palette, so I can see why he's somewhat confused. Honestly, his whole attitude seems kind of sad and colorless, so I can see why his clothes come out that way. It's like even when he talks, it sounds like he's about one whispery breath away from requiring a fainting couch--and he did have a panic attack after that race. I just don't think he's very happy or comfortable there, and it's showing in his work.
    Last edited by Tilden; 09-02-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    pikachu likes this.

I laughed so hard at those pants.... Priceless....must keep that designer

In all honesty, I liked all the outfits except for the bottom two of Josh C. and Oliver, and Kimberly. Badly executed and made IMHO, and I honestly felt that both JC and O should've been eliminated. Kimberley's looked like a stuffed pillow.

No, I didn't find Bert's bad save the pants should've been either lower waisted or less of a bubble. They were a little TOO out there on the bubble.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If I found myself in a two-person rowboat with Josh and Viktor, with the power to decide who had to leave, I think I'd jump out myself! Can't stand either of them at this point.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Olivier go home before Bert. Bert at least tries to make a different outfit every week. Whatever it was that Olivier (accent still bugs me) made this week had NOTHING to do with that painting whatsoever.

The painting Bryce had to work with had crazy eyes, which I guess is why his dress was inspired by a straight jacket.

All of the kids were obviously talented and some of them were just too darn cute. I wouldn't mind seeing Skyy's painting in my house.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I loved Kimberly, Becky and Anya's designs the most. Did not like Viktors blue dress nor the tree skirt. Bert and Josh C and Poor Oliver's was just plain bad. I couldn't understand a word of what Kenneth Cole was saying. It was like he was mumbling.

FORT Fogey

I loved Kimberly's dress! I forgot about that until you mentioned it, princess07. I expect to see her at Bryant Park. She and Anya and Laura were the stand outs last night.

You know, I had also forgotten about Kimberly's dress. I thought it was fantastic!! Another poster commented that Anthony's dress looked somehow familiar and I think we have definitely seen something like it on this show, but I cannot remember from who/what season right now. It is driving me crazy.

I was glad to see Viktor warm up to his artist. She seemed like a sweet girl. however, I did not like his dress at all. The fabric he shredded made it come out looking like it was inspired by bad lingerie.

I hated Bert's outfit. However, I was during the discussion about hos his outfit looked like it was made for a toddler that needed to have its belongings attached to the clothes. Clothing for adults should not ever have multi-colored pillows in a variety of shapes stuck all over it.

Josh M drives me crazy, but I thought it was nice how he was encouraging Becky. I hope I got that name right - the one he was arguing with last week.

Poor Oliver. He has such a seemingly frail and timid personality that I can't really see him jumping very far outside the box in which he currently resides. A previous poster commented on his accent. I think the thing that bothers me about it is that he has told us he was raised in the US and his accent strikes me as rather affected.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are the pictures of these week's fashions:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast