+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 8/25 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILER**

Re: 8/25 Show Discussion **WEST COAST SPOILER**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    In defense of Bert he is a recovering alcoholic and probably very conscious of his boundaries and triggers and does make sure no one crosses them. Is he polite about it? No. He also vents his feelings and at least we know exactly how he is feeling about anyone. You can't accuse him of being fake.
    I understand about him knowing his triggers and boundaries, but honestly, I think we all are conscious of these things. I'd love to tell some people what idiots they are, but I refrain because we should be polite.

Is it difficult to be around? Yes. Unfortunately, as a contestant in a reality tv show you are in close quarters and under a lot of pressure. It's done on purpose to produce drama. Still I find it a crock that Bert feels isolated because of age. I find at my workplace the ageists are the young folks not the older. I think it's more as a recovering alcoholic he controls his environment and in this case he cannot and he probably feels very vulnerable and lashes out at everyone.
    I think you're a nicer person than I am, giving him the benefit of coping with his sobriety. I'm sure that the quality of your life does affect how you react to others, unless you're remain vigilent.
    I've been without my beloved cigarettes for almost 4 months now and I'd love to behave badly when the desire arises and I have to tough it out...... But I don't. Bert should have learned all this at his age but I'm afraid he's still a spoiled child.

Also regarding age, I don't have one friend who is older than me. My youngest friend is 22. Bert doesn't have to marry these fellow contestants but he needs to see them as just people, maybe lacking in experience or maturity and find commonalities for the time he's there.

What they should have done when deciding who will be the 4 leaders. Instead of a foot race, why not a quick mini-challenge just like they do in Bravo's The Fashion Show. A challenge that actually has significance. A foot race?! Are you kidding me?! That's totally unfair to Becky and Bert. And how is that related to fashion and designing?

Then when leaders choose teams they should follow the format done by Platinum Hit. The 1st place winner get's to pick if he wants a 3rd member on his team, if he/she passes then 2nd place gets to choose, if not then 3rd place gets to choose if they wanted to add a 3rd member or not, etc. In this case, the 1st place should have been given the decision to pick if they wanted anyone left for their 3rd member or they can choose from any of the eliminated contestants.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    In defense of Bert he is a recovering alcoholic and probably very conscious of his boundaries and triggers and does make sure no one crosses them. Is he polite about it? No. He also vents his feelings and at least we know exactly how he is feeling about anyone. You can't accuse him of being fake. Is it difficult to be around? Yes. Unfortunately, as a contestant in a reality tv show you are in close quarters and under a lot of pressure. It's done on purpose to produce drama. Still I find it a crock that Bert feels isolated because of age. I find at my workplace the ageists are the young folks not the older. I think it's more as a recovering alcoholic he controls his environment and in this case he cannot and he probably feels very vulnerable and lashes out at everyone.
    I know several people who no longer drink and do NOT behave like Bert!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    What they should have done when deciding who will be the 4 leaders. Instead of a foot race, why not a quick mini-challenge just like they do in Bravo's The Fashion Show. A challenge that actually has significance. A foot race?! Are you kidding me?! That's totally unfair to Becky and Bert. And how is that related to fashion and designing?
    I agree that the foot race was silly and way out of context. And why would anyone race to be the leader given the history of this position anyway! I hate team challenges but I know why they have them. They add drama and variation.

I always appreciated Uli and her prints because they looked interesting on the runway. There is so much gray this season and that doesn't show well on TV.

Josh, oh boy, what a loose cannon. I would use another descriptive term if I wanted to get an infraction. Nasty queen, that one.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The foot race was a less than brilliant idea. Remember the season with Chris March running thru the park trying to get to the fabric tent? Stupid then . . . stupid now.

If they wanted to have a "timed competition", why not make it something that applies to the reason they are all there?

Three . . . two . . . one . . . . . . . . thread that serger!!!!
    Endit and AZChristian like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=Little Sew&Sew;4375067]The foot race was a less than brilliant idea. Remember the season with Chris March running thru the park trying to get to the fabric tent? Stupid then . . . stupid now.

Thank you. Look who won - all men, all young, all in shape. what a shocker.
    Endit likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345