+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 (possible spoilers):

FORT Fogey

New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 (possible spoilers):

It seems that we're due for another multi-designer fashion week show. PR9 is slated for Sept. 9 which is 2 weeks from now. So unless a multi-designer elimination is up in the next 3 episodes (including tonight's episode), only 3 more designers are eliminated and all the rest are showing their final collections. I can't wait to see what they're showing because I really think there's a great pool of talent here (even though a lot of them are mimickers).

FORT Fogey

Re: New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 (possible spoilers):

I think the strongest 9 are showing. I don't like what Bryce has done so far but between him and Becky, I don't think his designs will bore me. However, I did like Becky's design for Nina Garcia because although the silhouette was simple, there was design in the cut. So tomorrow, we'll be getting a glimpse of the 9 collections.

FORT Fogey

I thought everyone did a good job (except for Bryce, though it wasn't totally bad). I liked Olivier's and Anthony Ryan's (although terrible styling ala Mondo) the best. I liked Anya's but it was one-note (basically what she was doing so far, sleeveless dresses).
    Last edited by watts; 09-10-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Links?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Links?
    You can try (not really sure if I'm allowed to post it here) the Blogging Project Runway site. You click on the designer's pic and it shows all 10 looks by each one.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My favorites were Bert and Anya, although his was so classic they'll probably reject it because it's not "fashion forward" (like Gretchen's granny panties were?). Anya's was lovely, but similar to everything she's done this season. Hated Olivier's "Star Trek" styling with the heavy eyebrows and severe hairdos. Hated Joshua's, but that's probably just because of how obnoxious he is. BTW, did no one tell Bryce he was going to participate in an International Fashion Show - with television coverage - when he got dressed that morning? Sheesh!

Is there a new law for Spring that no one can wear a bra?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My favorites were Bert and Anya, although his was so classic they'll probably reject it because it's not "fashion forward" (like Gretchen's granny panties were?).
    I was happy to see Bert's collection too. It's very classic and clean. Love the styling on his models. I don't think he will last long on the show, but at least he got a show at fashion week. It makes me happy for him.

Bert's was my fave. I loved Anya's too because of the colors, but I agree that it was a bit one-note. Some of her prints reminded me a bit of what Uli used to choose.

I wasn't a really fan of Joshua's line. But so far, I haven't like much of what he's done this season so far.

FORT Fogey

I liked Berts line too. I scanned them all pretty quickly though.

I hope Josh is not in the final 3. He cannot make it in this business with his attitude and hopefully he will fall into the bottom two soon. The judges are not privy to behind the scenes drama but he has given them enough on the runway for them to see this clearly. It has to influence judges, has to. I know they judge the garment and not the person but if the bottom two are close in their failure I expect to see Josh go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I liked Berts line too. I scanned them all pretty quickly though.
    What I like is that it seem "expensive", somehow, and polish. It reminds me of Laura Bennett. I can see her (and Nina G.) wearing some of those garments with no problem.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast