+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 (possible spoilers):

Re: New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 (possible spoilers):

Kimberly's was my favorite, Bert and Anya had nice ones too, but maybe they were too safe and nothing out of the ordinary.

And as much as I adore Oliver, I cringed when I saw the boobs...had a Wendy flashback. lol

I absolutely loved Bert's collection.
    Jexter and Allie like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Victor's was my favorite. I think the final 3 will be Joshua, Viktor, and Anya. I recall Joshua saying something on the first or second show about how Anya may not have much experience as a seamstress but that she's one that will do really great. I almost wonder if it was a clue as to the F2.

I adore Bert and his curmudgeonly nature, but I have to agree that his ideas are not trend-settting/fashion-forward kinds of stuff.

I also like the color-blind guy. He is a bit hit or miss, though, and his collection didn't wow me. I hope he and Bert and Kimberly are in 4th, 5th, and 6th place.

Bert did say early on that he really liked Oliver's work. Oliver and Kimberly have been pretty quiet on the show thus far. WHo knows. They may surprise us and get into the F3.

I liked Bert's - though he is being safe, loved Anya's (save that tan one piece), Victor's and Kimberley's.

I have a weird feeling of Gretchen when I see Josh's runway show - same nature type theme, and the like. Same with Lauren's runway - all have the same weird gold bracelets.

Oliver's... What on Earth? Horrible outfits (at least two where the crotch is horrid) horrible makeup, and the one where the gal is wearing a sheer top is at least a size A and no modesty... I mean... wow. It looks like his was rushed to have something to show.

(BTW, I know that runway shows can have this type of weird design and all, and that doesn't bother me...HOWEVER, this is fugly. One of the models now looks like BRAD PITT to a T!)

Anya STILL cannot make a sleeve. She skated by all season and didn't make any fitted jackets. Her work is always beautiful, but in one challenge, the dress was sewn on the model and the model had to be cut out of it when the runway was over. You still have to be able to make clothes that can put put ON and taken OFF!

FORT Fogey

I found the link to view their clothes at one time. Now I can't find a site that posts them. If anyone knows that link, could you please PM me the link?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sysygygal View Post
    Anya STILL cannot make a sleeve. She skated by all season and didn't make any fitted jackets. Her work is always beautiful, but in one challenge, the dress was sewn on the model and the model had to be cut out of it when the runway was over. You still have to be able to make clothes that can put put ON and taken OFF!
    It is Anthony that doesn't make sleeves. Anja can't make jackets. Also, more than one challege where Anja had to cut her model out of clothes.

Nonetheless, certain that Anja's FW collection will include closures.

Although both considered handicapped, every season includes at least one cast member struggling with sewing just as ever season includes a good number of designers that are self taught. Offhand, I remember Santino struggling with sewing, gluing his closure and other seams closed.

FORT Fogey

Joshua. I see three pieces that don't work and will get a critique. A skirt that excentuates the models hips, a dress that appears to have a green diaper slipping off on the bottom and a green skirt that makes the model's waist look thick and it is just odd and not flattering.

Anya. I like her collection, very much, but it may suffer from nothing being inovative. She has the same plunging neckline on most of her garments and the collection does not seem cohesive. Some items reminded me of Uli.

Kimberly. Nice enough but no wow factor.

Viktor. I like his the best and I think he will be the winner. His collection has polish and drama.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Victor's was my favorite. I think the final 3 will be Joshua, Viktor, and Anya. I recall Joshua saying something on the first or second show about how Anya may not have much experience as a seamstress but that she's one that will do really great. I almost wonder if it was a clue as to the F2.

I adore Bert and his curmudgeonly nature, but I have to agree that his ideas are not trend-settting/fashion-forward kinds of stuff.

I also like the color-blind guy. He is a bit hit or miss, though, and his collection didn't wow me. I hope he and Bert and Kimberly are in 4th, 5th, and 6th place.

Bert did say early on that he really liked Oliver's work. Oliver and Kimberly have been pretty quiet on the show thus far. WHo knows. They may surprise us and get into the F3.
    Dang. This is the first time in my entire reality TV career that I've come close to picking who goes to the end. Good on me !

Click to see Spoiler:
    FYI...I read a rumor that Anya does not win.

Where ever that rumor came from...did that person mention who did win?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast