+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Something about models on stilts in the great outdoors...

Please keep all discussion in here until 10pm PT / 1am ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really like Bert at first but he is starting to get on my nerves...I can't imagine designing something for women on stilts...urghhhhh would not be easy

but I should be easier on Bert ...he has the same problem I once had until a true friend sat me down and said that every time someone brings up a subject you always seem to know something about it and it makes you come across as know it all and you are getting on people's nerves....I know it wasn't easy for her to tell me that....

I do and for most of my life have done tons and tons of reading and you would be surprised at the things that you learn by reading books and at this point I think that is Bert's problem he is coming across as a know it all and I think its because he is probably a heavy reader
    Duckyface likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

looks like I am the only one watching tonight..well partially watching had to watch sweet home alabama too..lol

but this stilt challenge was totally off the wall and I don't understand it at all..who would want clothes like that unless they were in the circus....I know i don't see women walking around every day on stilts ......truthfully..I liked the red outfit but honestly none of them at all really did anything for me

and I hate when they match the designers up..it does nothing but create drama

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

It's not on here yet . . . care to provide some spoilers????

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It's not on here yet . . . care to provide some spoilers????
    they are divied into teams of 2 and the girls (modles) are on like 8 foot stilts and they have to design outfits for the for the first ever outdoor modeling event...most of the clothes sucked but there were several that looked good...but I don't see the point of them..who in the heck will ever be able to wear them ...I mean who is gonna walk around in 8 ft stilts to wear this outfit...the girl with the short red hair is the one that is sent home...the red outfit wins and truthfully I thought it was the best...but I can't think of any of the others to tell you about..thats about as much of an impression they left on me

Bert and his partner did nothing but Bi*** moan groan cripe and complain during the entire time....it was getting old
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I really like Bert at first but he is starting to get on my nerves...I can't imagine designing something for women on stilts...urghhhhh would not be easy

but I should be easier on Bert ...he has the same problem I once had until a true friend sat me down and said that every time someone brings up a subject you always seem to know something about it and it makes you come across as know it all and you are getting on people's nerves....I know it wasn't easy for her to tell me that....

I do and for most of my life have done tons and tons of reading and you would be surprised at the things that you learn by reading books and at this point I think that is Bert's problem he is coming across as a know it all and I think its because he is probably a heavy reader
    Where is everybody? I was absent because I was watching the finale of SYTYCD, but I thought surely there would be more people here. Oh, well.

I agree about Burt. I, too, have loved reading since an early age, especially history, so I have to be careful not to overwhelm people if they start discussing something I know about. That's why I kind of sympathized with Burt. He was right; his partner was talking about the Elizabethan, not the Victorian, age. The Victorians would have croaked at that kind of flamboyance but the Elizabethans would have eaten it up. OTOH, Burt did say it in a way that came across as arrogant, so I can see why the two of them didn't get along. And their dress was just horrible.

I'm back to agreeing with the judges. I loved the Top 3 and especially the winning dress. That was just beautiful the way it flowed in the breeze as the model came down the catwalk. I also agreed with the Bottom 3. The ballet dress was just blah, the matador dress was tacky, and as I said above, Burt and partner's dress was just over-the-top terrible.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Burt and Victor did deserve to be in the bottom as did the ballerina duo's outfit. The dress as done by B&V would've sent one home had the ballerina outfit not become that plain and something any of us could do. The top was pretty, but not the skirt, and the fact it was a full skirt on someone with stilts is quite honestly stupid. Anyone who saw the "ANTM" runway where a stiltwalker fell stepping on one of the model's trains knows it's dumb to have flowing fabric for a runway.

The matador outfit... I liked the concept actually; however, the proportions were wrong, especially on the cape. It needed to be a bit longer, as well as the vest. The pants had too much zig-zag that it became cartoonish.

That said, I personally felt the WORST outfit was Oliver and Anya's. It was plain, it looked poorly made and honestly I don't think even the model liked it. But since Oliver had immunity it pretty much secured Anya's position as well.

I agreed with the winner, and the green top outfit with the weird hair actually was quite pretty and something that you could make to wear on a normal heighted person.

Overall, I actually liked the idea of this challenge, but wish that some designs were executed better. The costumey matador one would've had a fairer chance IMHO if and only if they had the proportions right and ONE set of stripes or lacy design up the sides of the pants - maybe in the style that was on the vest/cape.

The bottom two really were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post

I have a similar problem. But it's amazing to me that people don't pay attention to what is going around them yet get pissed off at those that do. I have a major problem at work where everyone complains about the company not telling the employees what is going on. What I am finding out that the company actually does a great job of sending out massive amounts of emails in various formats with duplicate info, just so they can get people to read them Guess what my co-workers don't read the emails, or read the first sentence and ignore the rest and then complain they don't know what is going on, then they turn around and ask me what is going on. Even when directed to do something they figure it does not apply to them.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Fallene should have stayed because of her headress. Trouble is she seemed to have given up the last two episodes. Personally, I wish Bryce and Victor had gone home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was so disappointed in Viktor. After making that great black-and-white dress, he makes this??? What in the heck was he thinking? I didn't see most of the show, so was it true what Burt said, that Viktor didn't even make any sketches? How in the world do you create a dress without sketching an idea first?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast