+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

does anyone know if Mondo or Chris have put out a 2011 collection....I know Wretchen has ...I saw it...awful...just wanted to look and see if a couple of the others had and where I could see them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    If material isn't cut on the grain (for the pattern), then when it's sewed, it doesn't lie flat...it bunches and pulls, and it won't line up correctly at the seams. But he could have showed her how to cut on the grain...I remember how to do it, and I learned in 8th grade Home Economics (which was about 40+ years ago).

(Or are you asking something else?)
    Oh, thanks for explaining that about the grain. What bothered me about Bryce complaining about the grain was, if it was so danged important he should have taken the 10 or 15 minutes to explain what to do or show her so there would be no problems down the road. But it looks as if he left her to hang and then just complained about it to everyone. In this type of partnered competition you and your partner don't have equal skill sets and occasionally it is to your benefit to help your partner not talk smack about them to everyone.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, thanks for explaining that about the grain. What bothered me about Bryce complaining about the grain was, if it was so danged important he should have taken the 10 or 15 minutes to explain what to do or show her so there would be no problems down the road. But it looks as if he left her to hang and then just complained about it to everyone. In this type of partnered competition you and your partner don't have equal skill sets and occasionally it is to your benefit to help your partner not talk smack about them to everyone.
    Right. Actually, if he didn't want to teach her, he could have just pinned the pattern for her...she could have taken it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Right. Actually, if he didn't want to teach her, he could have just pinned the pattern for her...she could have taken it from there.
    There you go. What a wonderful time saving solution. A win win solution for everyone. Then if Fallene had wanted to at a later date have someone explain the process to her.

TripleGemini that was brilliant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    There you go. What a wonderful time saving solution. A win win solution for everyone. Then if Fallene had wanted to at a later date have someone explain the process to her.

TripleGemini that was brilliant.
    Thanks! ()

(BTW, want to find the grain? Keep pulling single threads along the edge until you find the one that goes from one side to the other. We used to cheat by going right for the thread that was the right one...it saved a minute amount of time. Want to find the bias? Find the grain for both sides, and then fold on the diagonal. But laying the pattern out takes a few more minutes, because you have to align the right points on the pattern with the grain.)

I didn't like that Faleene went home and Bryce didn't for the same outfit. Bryce sabatoged her by not explaining it well enough and/or doing it himself and giving her other parts to make. (I won't even mention his tattle-tale behavior about her and the grain). Also he got a pass for doing "pick-ups" with a bunch of netting and then making ill fitting pants that looked like elephant legs on a ballerina.

The whole Stilt Lady Thing was just dumb. Without an explaination of where you'd see these people or why, it seemed ridiculous. All that mattered was whether the designers knew anything about proportion. The only people I've seen on stilts was at Epcot at Disney World and they wore costumes.

I've been very disappointed in PR this season, after waiting so long. Last episode the judges really contradicted themselves with the winner and losers.
    One designer used "material" to make a dress and won and another used "material" to make a dress and was sent home for that very reason...go figure. How can the same reason be used for the winner and the loser???
    Nina, Michael and Heidi all seem to have inflated heads just like the Real Housewife people have now which makes me sad as I really really loved this show, even though I came late to know it.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I didn't like that Faleene went home and Bryce didn't for the same outfit. Bryce sabatoged her by not explaining it well enough and/or doing it himself and giving her other parts to make. (I won't even mention his tattle-tale behavior about her and the grain). Also he got a pass for doing "pick-ups" with a bunch of netting and then making ill fitting pants that looked like elephant legs on a ballerina.

The whole Stilt Lady Thing was just dumb. Without an explaination of where you'd see these people or why, it seemed ridiculous. All that mattered was whether the designers knew anything about proportion. The only people I've seen on stilts was at Epcot at Disney World and they wore costumes.

I've been very disappointed in PR this season, after waiting so long. Last episode the judges really contradicted themselves with the winner and losers.
    One designer used "material" to make a dress and won and another used "material" to make a dress and was sent home for that very reason...go figure. How can the same reason be used for the winner and the loser???
    Nina, Michael and Heidi all seem to have inflated heads just like the Real Housewife people have now which makes me sad as I really really loved this show, even though I came late to know it.
    we saw it last season...one girl gets read the riot act about those granny panny shorts..don't remember if she went home on that episode but I think she did...and then Wretchen sends what 3 or 4 pair down the runway and wins the season
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    The stiltwalkers are from a professional entertainment troupe in NYC called "Lady Circus". I don't know why PR didn't explain that and give them some press. This challenge would have made a lot more sense if the designers had been told they had to create interesting and unique costumes for the Lady Circus show. As it was, there was absolutely no point to the challenge since no normal woman is going to be wearing a garment while walking around on stilts! It was a terrible challenge.
    Thank you! Sheesh, I can't believe TPTB didn't give this company a shout out. I would far rather hear about them than about HP and the computers they make that I have no intention of buying.

Now that I know about them, I'll try to look them up if I ever go back to NYC. I think it would be kind of cool to see an entire circus on stilts.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I hate that contradiction stuff and it was so obvious last episode. I think they are already playing favorites and it was only the second episode! The bird seed outfit was much more creative and better design and execution.

This episode was just weird. They say they want the outfit to be good if you cut it off to fit a regular woman A. why didn't they tell the designers that and B. why have the ladies on stilts to start with if you want an outfit that can work on a regular sized woman?

I too have know-it-all syndrome and so have some sympathy for Bert, although he did come across as kind of obnoxious who can blame him when his partner acted the way that he did? You know this person is going to be your partner and you tell everyone out loud that you are disappointed to be paired with him? You are sabotaging the end product from the first moment, not to mention being a jerk.

I think the right outfit won. It moved really well on the runway, but none of the outfits were very inspiring to me. I really wish they'd give them more time to use their creativity and be able make their visions come to life rather than rushing them into making something that can be done in a few hours.
    Dragonlady likes this.

i read a ton of books to and my friends call me a wealth of useful & useless information. i know SOMETHING about just about anything, lol.

no one has ever told me i get on their nerves tho.

bert on the other hand is condescending and that's why he's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I really like Bert at first but he is starting to get on my nerves...I can't imagine designing something for women on stilts...urghhhhh would not be easy

but I should be easier on Bert ...he has the same problem I once had until a true friend sat me down and said that every time someone brings up a subject you always seem to know something about it and it makes you come across as know it all and you are getting on people's nerves....I know it wasn't easy for her to tell me that....

I do and for most of my life have done tons and tons of reading and you would be surprised at the things that you learn by reading books and at this point I think that is Bert's problem he is coming across as a know it all and I think its because he is probably a heavy reader

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234