+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    but I should be easier on Bert ...he has the same problem I once had until a true friend sat me down and said that every time someone brings up a subject you always seem to know something about it and it makes you come across as know it all and you are getting on people's nerves....I know it wasn't easy for her to tell me that....

I do and for most of my life have done tons and tons of reading and you would be surprised at the things that you learn by reading books and at this point I think that is Bert's problem he is coming across as a know it all and I think its because he is probably a heavy reader
    I don't see anything wrong with coming across as a know it all if you truly DO know it all. Then other people are just calling you out because they are embarassed about their own mistakes and are trying to divert attention. Think before you speak, don't go off on topics which you're ignorant about and expect not to be called out. I see correcting people as kind of a good thing... either you can let somebody go on and on and make a fool of themselves, or you can step in before that happens. And I personally like enlightening fools when given the chance lol.

I'm not impressed with Bert though after last episode and his disreguard for the rules. However Victor, he really didn't know how to express himself, most evident on the runway when he was giving out mixed signals all over the place, like saying "I own it", then "Should I be the one to go? No, no, no, no, no.", and then "I own this but it was 50/50". He needs to stop being so defensive by ironically calling Bert defensive if the problem is to the point that even the judges have to step in and correct him on what he really means because he is saying something completely different.

And I agree, boring outfits all around. Not impressed with any of the top designs either. Too little time given to allow good creations, way too many pants, that one with the awful hair and the blue top I thought was hideous trailor trash and plain... maybe it was chiffon and sewn well, but I found it ugly. The Matador one was also too much and too little, horrible proportions. Oliver and Anya's, plain, unfinished. Too little time was given to allow good creations!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have a major problem at work where everyone complains about the company not telling the employees what is going on. What I am finding out that the company actually does a great job of sending out massive amounts of emails in various formats with duplicate info, just so they can get people to read them. Guess what my co-workers don't read the emails, or read the first sentence and ignore the rest and then complain they don't know what is going on, then they turn around and ask me what is going on. Even when directed to do something they figure it does not apply to them.
    Let them crash and burn. PLEASE! You are only carrying those who are not doing their job and using the system as it was designed. Big difference between not being told and just wanting to get the condensed version as a shortcut. This is the same bull**** that the horrible movie "The House of Sand and Fog" was based around: this woman gets her house taken away from her, complains that she didnt' know, when there was a notice sitting in her mailbox for 2 weeks (she just never checks the mail). Tell them to check their mail, if they don't, let them fail and fall on their ass once! If they're on the floor many a time maybe they will learn.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-12-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Bert isn't my fav but right off the batt Victor dogged Bert...from the moment their names were drawn as partners. Not a way to start a challenge off. And he wasn't ashamed to express it even if it meant Bert knew how he felt. That irks me. Just b/c someone did bad the last challenge and/or had a bad attitude one week doesn't mean you should discount them. Maybe Bert was going through male PMS the prior challenge. IDK and it shouldn't matter. You should go into a challenge with a postive attitude and outlook about the partnering.
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

it was an aweful challenge. I am not liking these challenges. Can they be a little more realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    it was an aweful challenge. I am not liking these challenges. Can they be a little more realistic?
    ITA...I think this was one of the worst challenges they have ever done on this show and what was the purpose...these clothes were made for stilts..how could a normal woman wear any of them without cutting off most of it then you ruin the design
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I was so disappointed in Viktor. After making that great black-and-white dress, he makes this??? What in the heck was he thinking? I didn't see most of the show, so was it true what Burt said, that Viktor didn't even make any sketches? How in the world do you create a dress without sketching an idea first?
    I personally think he was hoping that he could get Bert ousted and blame everything on him. By no means am I a fan of Bert's, but I can see why there was the friction there as well if you feel the person who you're working with is trying to sabotage you.

So much potential in this challenge, and save a few designs, I think it was wasted. I personally think the judges wouldn't (or shouldn't) have minded some costumesque outfits; however, those that were done were not well made.

Looking at the photos again, I pretty much am accurate on my assessment of said outfits.

That said, in fairness to Burt and Victor's - a. The skirt needed to be a little shorter for safety, b. the shimmer material is a poor choice, and c. I needed some sort of ruffle collar like the Elizabethan times in order for this to work successfully. It actually - like the matador outfit - had a good or decent concept that was not thought out thoroughly and in mind of the proportions of long legs.

Anthony and Laura and Becky and Kimberley's outfits were the best overall by far. they were interesting, dynamic and proper proportions.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I haven't seen this episode yet but from the pictures, Joshua and Julie's outfit makes me think of the blow-up things they have in front of used car lots that have puffs of air so they blow up to stand upright for a few seconds, then deflate and shrink back down again.

These things (I guess they're called air dancers. I didn't know that until I went searching for an image of one):

Becky and Kimberly's monstrosity looks similar to the Jolly Green Giant, except I think the JGG is more stylish.

Cecilia and Danielle created an outfit for Laura Ingalls to wear when she taught school on the prairie.

Right off, I'm not liking any of the outifts but I'll have to wait until after I watch the episode for my final judgement. Maybe some of them look better on tv than in the photographs. Is there a reason WHY you would need to design fashions for people on stilts? Is that the wave of the future? Are women getting taller by natural selection so we have to start tailoring clothes for giraffes?

Commenting on something said earlier: I'm afraid I have know-it-all syndrome, too. I didn't know why people didn't like me and I think this must be it. I always feel a need to comment on things because usually people treat you like you're a dummy if you have nothing to say about a topic so I want to appear to be informed. It never occurred to me that people might resent me because of that. I guess I should try not to comment on things unless someone asks my opinion.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-12-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Bert isn't my fav but right off the batt Victor dogged Bert...from the moment their names were drawn as partners. Not a way to start a challenge off. And he wasn't ashamed to express it even if it meant Bert knew how he felt. That irks me. Just b/c someone did bad the last challenge and/or had a bad attitude one week doesn't mean you should discount them. Maybe Bert was going through male PMS the prior challenge. IDK and it shouldn't matter. You should go into a challenge with a postive attitude and outlook about the partnering.
    Victor made a condescending remark/gesture when he gets paired up with Bert in front of everyone. He probably expected Bert to take it in strides just because he's an old fart. Well, what do you know. Bert is not taking sh%^ from Victor. I have no respect for people who are proud to be ignorant jerks.

Like you said, go to the challenge with a positive attitude, no matter what. Dissing your partners from the start is not the best step.

Like Nice Verreos said "Now Victor, go buy François Boucher’s “20,000 Years of Fashion: The History of Costume and Personal Adornment” and then talk. Don’t use the incorrect terminology and not expect to be clocked on it. OK"
    Last edited by dantrb; 08-12-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Victor made a condescending remark/gesture when he gets paired up with Bert in front of everyone. He probably expected Bert to take it in strides just because he's an old fart. Well, what do you know. Bert is not taking sh%^ from Victor. I have no respect for people who are proud to be ignorant jerks.
    As Casanova would have said . . . . Exactly!!!

Viktor was 'pissy' from the get-go. He came at Bert with attitude and then got offended when he got attitude right back.

The worst of the evening, in my opinion, was Cecelia/Danielle . . . and it wasn't just the church lady hair do. Bryce/Fallene was just plain DULL (but Bryce sure did amuse himself by telling everyone else on the playground that Fallene didn't know how to cut on grain), and I just don't understand what was going on with the top of Olivier/Anya's outfit.

Nina said something to the effect that one of the outfits looked like it belonged in a circus. HELLLLLOOOOOO! They were walking on stilts! Not exactly something you see everyday in all the normal places!

And while I am on my soapbox . . . . Kim Karadashian as a guest judge? Seriously??

Project Runway is becoming that girl we all know who keeps complaining about the lack of a love life and yet, when she's at the club, she keeps picking up what everyone else can plainly see is a Loser.
    Endit likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast