+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars (premieres Jan 5, 2012) - News & Speculation

PR All-Stars (premieres Jan 5, 2012) - News & Speculation

The judges and cast for the new All-Stars season have been announced. Are your favorites "In or Out" as Heidi would say?

'Project Runway All Stars': Angela Lindvall to Host; Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman Will Serve as Judges - The Hollywood Reporter

'Project Runway All Stars': Angela Lindvall to Host; Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman Will Serve as Judges
    9:00 AM 8/8/2011 by Marisa Guthrie

Marie Claire editor Joanna Coles will serve as mentor to 13 past runners-up, including fan favorites Mondo Guerra and Austin Scarlett.

Model and actress Angela Lindvall will host Lifetime’s Project Runway All Stars, with fashion designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman as judges and Marie Claire editor-in-chief Joanna Coles in the Tim Gunn mentor role.
    our editor recommends
    Fashion Designer Michael Kors Eyes Sale of Stake for up to $500 Million
    'Project Runway's' Michael Kors Picks Up Marriage License

All Stars was announced earlier this year along with a Project Runway accessories spinoff. Lifetime mounted the two-hour special All Star Challenge in 2009, which featured eight past designers and core Runway cast Heidi Klum, Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Gunn.

All Stars is a series spinoff; Lifetime has ordered 12 one-hour episodes for debut later this year.

Mondo Guerra -- a fan favorite and last season’s runner-up -- and season one standout Austin Scarlett are among the 13 designers who will compete for an even bigger prize.

Guerra lost to Gretchen Jones in a controversial final vote that had Klum facing off against Garcia and Kors. Scarlett starred in his own Lifetime series last year with fellow Runway alum Santino Rice.

Additional All Stars designers are Kara Janx (season two, fourth place), Elisa Jimenez (season four, 10th place), Rami Kashou (season four, runner-up), Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn (season four, fifth place), Jerell Scott (season five, fourth place), Kenley Collins (season five, second runner-up), Gordana Gehlhausen (season six, fourth place), Anthony Williams (season seven, fifth place), Mila Hermanovski (season seven, second runner-up), April Johnston (season eight, fifth place) and Michael Costello (season eight, fourth place).

The prize includes $100,000 in cash from L’Oreal Paris, a designer’s boutique in Neiman Marcus stores, $100,000 worth of technology and office space from HP & Intel, a feature spread and one-year assignment as guest editor for Marie Claire and a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother International.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars Season Announced

Kenley' Didn;t she have some legal issues right after her season ended for her BAD temper. She was so unpleasant on the show...not looking forweard to seeing her. Do love Rami and Jerrell.

I'm reading speculation around the internet that this is basically a way to give Mondo the crown that everyone thinks he deserved. Considering the first All-Stars special was a way to give Daniel V a similar crown, I'm not inclined to disagree.

It's too bad they had that one-off All-Stars special already, because they blew their wad on A-list PR designers with that one. This list is deliberately heavier on Lifetime-era designers, which doesn't surprise me (gotta sell those DVDs and iTunes eps). But even though there are several finalists in the mix, the cast does have that "B-list" flavor to it.

But who cares? SWEET P IS BACK! That's all I needed.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sweet P and Gordana! It was fun seeing Mondo on the audition special, and I think I agree that this is a way to tilt him toward the crown.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'd take two off that list (Kenley and April) and substitute two of my own (Kane and Laura) but other than that, I'm good with the returnees, especially Michael C and Mondo.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

ohhhhhhhhh can't wait to see Mondo at work again...I love the things he comes up with...and I hope the judges redeem themselves and give him the win..he deserved it last season
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

With a different judging panel, this could very well happen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When is this going to air? Michael Kors is selling his line???? NO!!!!!!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Might check it out, but a PR w/o Heidi? and adding Isaac to the mix - YUK

I know a lot of people may think this is slanted toward a Mondo win, I have to say looking at the list I disagree to a point with it. Some of these designers made some great clothes, and could really challenge that notion.

That said, I am glad he's getting a chance to win this time - he should've won last season, no doubt in my mind. Seeing Gretchen's outfits each week confirms it in my mind, and reading the blogger's comments here, I think most everyone agrees.

This will be an interesting season IMHO though - even if they are mostly "b" listers in regular fans' eyes. To me, it'll be neat to see some of the contestants from seasons the show was on Bravo, as I didn't have the network.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast