+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Re: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Quite some time ago, back on Bravo, the designers were all sent a specific amount of white cotton (I think it was cotton--I know it was white) before they arrived in NYC and were told to do anything they wanted with it, but it had to be the major fabric in the dress. They could dye it, trim it, whatever--they just shouldn't try to make, say, a silk dress with a four inch cotton pocket (not that anyone would, but you know what I mean). The first designer eliminated was eliminated on the basis of his/her design with that cotton before the first show challenge even started.
    I am looking forward to more odd materials challenges, like use using newspaper, using recyclable materials, using materials from a hardware shop or a grocery shop. I have such fond memories of Austin Scarlet's corn husk dress. Wonder what Bert will do then?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

He'll probably quit the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Has there ever been a contestant who has gone from "we love this underdog story guy" to "you suck, you sorry opportunity waster" this quickly? I'm on that train too, but it's a really, really fast transition. I'm about there with Olivier for that matter. Going from growing up in Ohio until 16, then spending the next six years in England (and apparently 19 other countries to hear him tell it), and coming off with that accent, he seems all shades of poseur.

I know -- Olivier is like Melan Breton's taglong little cousin.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I finally got around to watching the show and I personally think the judges made a huge mistake in picking the winner...I think the guy who did his all out of birdseed should have been the winner...cause wasn't the top of Oliver's outfit made from a dog bed and i thought they weren't supposed to use common materials they were supposed to go for the unusual....Julie...Julie...Jul ie...when are we gonna see some of the stuff we saw on your rack..I had such high expectations for you and if you keep this up you will be gone...Bert didn't even try..but like I said earlier I think if you win and get immunity you should get the next challenge off and PR should treat them to a special treat for winning
    Totally agree with you. I think the birdseed dress looks very classy while the fit and silhouette is right on but Heidi was outvoted. For some reason, the other two judges didn't like the length. Olivier's dog bed top has a bad fit plus I don't think the textures of the top against the bottom worked at all. Didn't they have two winners last season in one of the episodes because the judges were split in the middle? They should have done that for Anthony and Olivier. Anyway, I hate immunity challenges because there is no incentive for the immunity winner for the next challenge. What they should do is to have an even bigger prize for the next challenge like a photo spread in a popular fashion magazine or something that a celebrity will be wearing for an awards show plus $5000 prize so at least the immunity winner would make an effort to make a dress, not that boring piece that Bert made.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Has there ever been a contestant who has gone from "we love this underdog story guy" to "you suck, you sorry opportunity waster" this quickly? I'm on that train too, but it's a really, really fast transition. I'm about there with Olivier for that matter. Going from growing up in Ohio until 16, then spending the next six years in England (and apparently 19 other countries to hear him tell it), and coming off with that accent, he seems all shades of poseur.
    I know. My head is spinning with the turnaround on Burt. As for Olivier, (sigh). The maternal part of me wants to feel sorry for him since he may have had a lousy home life and he may be just lost and confused over his identity. However, by the end of this show, I may be irritated by him, too, especially if he wins another challenge that he shouldn't. I will say one thing. At least he appeared humble about it when the judges told him--or was that an attempt to ingratiate himself with a sly dig at Burt? ("Thank you. I will work harder next time.")
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Finally saw the episode. I think that the birdseed dress, while iffy up close, looked excellent from a certain distance. I did feel it should have won. The other Top 2 dressed? No, just no. Josh's skirt was okay, I guess, but the accesories and make-up were horrid, and the top with the aquarium rocks looked like a child's crayons melted inside the parents' car on a hot day. And don't get me started on Olivier. His dress was horrendous. He just cut up the doggy bed, glued the hamster and bunny bedding to a skirt, and done. I don't feel he manipulated the materials enough, and the dress made the model look downright fat.

I found myself kinda liking Fallene's dress, so no idea why it was on the bottom. I also rather liked Becky's colorful and symetrical dress, and Anya's and Kimberly's. I don't know squat about fashion, but hey...

And count me as a Bert non-fan. Likeable in the first episode, and a sourpuss the next. Let's see how his haughty attitude manages with the more out-there challenges. I was glad Heidi called him out on it, but the way he took it felt as if he could not have cared less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456