+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

Re: 8/4 show discussion **WEST COAST SPOILERS**

The judges drive me nuts. The criteria of the challenge was not to use material, like a dog bed, yet that is exactly what Oliver used for his top and yet he won. Not fair should have been the birdseed dress.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Do not forget that the bottom half of Olivier's dress was pet shavings glued to fabric. Anthony glued birdseeds to fabric. Anthony's silhouette was a simple shift. I loved the proportrions and the shape that Olivier had created. These judges are experts in fashion. Had they invited Joe Schzmoe to judge with them, it would have been a tie. Why not just let Michael Kors and Nina Garcia go and replace them with random people like Kathy Griffin or Regis Philbin? The Fashion Police might be a fun watch as they criticise how stars dress but I do not agree with them a lot and I don't think of them as credible judges.

FORT Fogey

BTW, I think Heidi has horrible taste and make some atrocious fashion choices.

I just finished posting that I didn't like the judges' choices on Next Food Network Star because it seems as though they already know who they want to win.
    Then I come here and have to say the very same thing.
    Why do I continue to think this is "reality" TV? I'm begining to think there's nothing real about it anymore.
    navybelle likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    . . . I loved the proportrions and the shape that Olivier had created. . . .
    I don't mean this to sound rude, watts, but I've read hundreds of comments about Olivier's creation on Facebook, and I think you're the only person who has actually said they loved the proportions and shape of it. Most people called it shapeless and it made the rear-end of a very thin model look huge.

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    BTW, I think Heidi has horrible taste and make some atrocious fashion choices.
    I agree with you 100% here. She's a beautiful woman, but (IMO) tends to dress in things that are WAY too short and WAY too tight, especially for the mother of 4. I've read some VERY critical comments about Lindsay Lohan showing up for court in inappropriate clothes . . . which were nowhere near the "hoochie mama" look that Heidi so often wears. When they comment on how short some of the PR creations are, I wonder if Michael and Nina are thinking about their fellow judge's "fashion" choices.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The judges drive me nuts. The criteria of the challenge was not to use material, like a dog bed, yet that is exactly what Oliver used for his top and yet he won. Not fair should have been the birdseed dress.

There's such a simple way around this issue--why aren't the designers simply given a list of things that would not be acceptable for the challenge (dog beds, dog blankets, umbrellas etc.)? If they don't want them to use material, other than the muslin provided in the workroom, then don't let them buy it. Heck, they could just put a bunch of stuff in a warehouse and tell them they only have access to the things in that one room and make sure anything that's considered material wouldn't be there.
    AZChristian likes this.

Anthony's bird seed dress looked good from a far but up close the neck area reminded me of fish scales (creepy). I loved Oliver's dress and I agree with Nina that it was the most photographable. The dresses I liked that least were Becky's, Bert, Anya, Julie, and Bryce. Julie and Bryce should have been in the bottom and both should have gone home because those dresses were hot messes.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    There's such a simple way around this issue--why aren't the designers simply given a list of things that would not be acceptable for the challenge (dog beds, dog blankets, umbrellas etc.)? If they don't want them to use material, other than the muslin provided in the workroom, then don't let them buy it. Heck, they could just put a bunch of stuff in a warehouse and tell them they only have access to the things in that one room and make sure anything that's considered material wouldn't be there.
    Have they ever done something like give each of the designers the exact same quantity of identical fabric and trims and seen what they can do with it? That might be interesting, and no chance of infractions!

I finally got around to watching the show and I personally think the judges made a huge mistake in picking the winner...I think the guy who did his all out of birdseed should have been the winner...cause wasn't the top of Oliver's outfit made from a dog bed and i thought they weren't supposed to use common materials they were supposed to go for the unusual....Julie...Julie...Jul ie...when are we gonna see some of the stuff we saw on your rack..I had such high expectations for you and if you keep this up you will be gone...Bert didn't even try..but like I said earlier I think if you win and get immunity you should get the next challenge off and PR should treat them to a special treat for winning
    AZChristian likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Have they ever done something like give each of the designers the exact same quantity of identical fabric and trims and seen what they can do with it? That might be interesting, and no chance of infractions!

Quite some time ago, back on Bravo, the designers were all sent a specific amount of white cotton (I think it was cotton--I know it was white) before they arrived in NYC and were told to do anything they wanted with it, but it had to be the major fabric in the dress. They could dye it, trim it, whatever--they just shouldn't try to make, say, a silk dress with a four inch cotton pocket (not that anyone would, but you know what I mean). The first designer eliminated was eliminated on the basis of his/her design with that cotton before the first show challenge even started.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast