+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    IMO the only reason she has so many votes this early is because of the pity party of one she is trying to sell...I don't expect it to last long

its only been one episode so I don't as of yet have a "favorite" per say but based on what I have seen so far...I like Burt and Julie
    Perhaps she is getting the beauty queen votes? She is ahead by a large amount only from one ep. Weird.

Maybe Kayne is campaigning for her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

No favorites, too early in the game. Testicular cancer guy is already grating on my last nerve. Bert seems sweet but his "woe is me" looks are going to get old *snickers* fast.

The show seems to have gotten it's edge back, it needs to stay in New York. It was too fluffy in LA and seemed to lose its' way.

Heidi and the look she gave when she said the show was back and "meaner", gave me chills but in a good way. Loved seeing Tim on the panel!

Again, no favorites but I like the vibe of this first show. I was so disgusted with last season and thought this show was over and should be retired. I'm hoping this episode is a harbinger of things to come and the PR I used to love is back. Loved the "come as you are plus a sheet" challenge, it really showed their creativity (or lack thereof).

Oh Ms. Trinidad is one I'm keeping an eye on. She's got some raw skills but I think her lack of inexperience will do her in due to time constraints. I like her but I reserve the right to change my mind next episode.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 08-02-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When you talked about Mozart writing a concerto at 3, it struck a thought in my mind (and I'm not even through my first cup of coffee yet!). How many of the designers have said (even this season), "I started sewing Barbie clothes on a Fisher-Price sewing machine"? If she were a savant, wouldn't she be more likely to have shown those proclivities as a child?
    Excellent point. Bill Gate's partner, the one who helped him found Microsoft, wrote a memoir and did an interview with 60 Minutes recently. I remember him saying that he and Gates met back in middle school and even back then, were fiddling with computers and dreaming of founding their own company. When you have a passion for something it usually--not always, but usually--starts early.

And when Ms. Trinidad said she got help during the auditions, I thought perhaps she meant that she came up with the designs and then had friends actually sew them for her. If so, then that's going to show very quickly. I wonder if Tim will be ticked that she, too, got a spot on this show when there might have been a more worthy designer who should have been there?

I agree with Walkoff. How can you have a favorite this early? I can't even remember all their names. I know Burt, and Becky because of her blonde hair and glasses, and Ms. Trinidad because of the controversy, but that's about it. I don't start remembering names until about halfway through the show.

That reminds me. Who was that guy who showed that big hot mess of a pink dress during the audition? And who boasted that some star had worn it to some awards show? Uh, honey, ever hear of those "Worst Dressed" columns you see in magazines and the internet? If even famous designers can stumble, that means you can, too and just because a celebrity wears it doesn't mean anything . That dress was almost tacky.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    And when Ms. Trinidad said she got help during the auditions, I thought perhaps she meant that she came up with the designs and then had friends actually sew them for her.
    At first she said she sewed all of them except for one. When Tim looked at them and expressed disbelief because of her "inexperience" with sewing, she changed it to say she got a lot of help. So which is it? :-(

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Perhaps she is getting the beauty queen votes? She is ahead by a large amount only from one ep. Weird.
    Maybe she's getting the votes from people who enjoy watching sex tapes of former beauty queens (2 of them together) with one of their boyfriends. Anya has had an "interesting" past.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Maybe she's getting the votes from people who enjoy watching sex tapes of former beauty queens (2 of them together) with one of their boyfriends. Anya has had an "interesting" past.
    Oh my. I hadn't heard THAT one. Talk about edge returning to PR, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by allie View Post
    oh my. I hadn't heard that one. Talk about edge returning to pr, lol.
    TMI! Now I will not be able to look at her without gagging. I hope she goes soon.

Allie said:

At first she said she sewed all of them except for one. When Tim looked at them and expressed disbelief because of her "inexperience" with sewing, she changed it to say she got a lot of help. So which is it? :-(
    To be honest, I don't even care anymore. I just want her to leave so we can concentrate on the ones who deserve to be there.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    No favorites, too early in the game. Testicular cancer guy is already grating on my last nerve. Bert seems sweet but his "woe is me" looks are going to get old *snickers* fast.

The show seems to have gotten it's edge back, it needs to stay in New York. It was too fluffy in LA and seemed to lose its' way.

Heidi and the look she gave when she said the show was back and "meaner", gave me chills but in a good way. Loved seeing Tim on the panel!

Again, no favorites but I like the vibe of this first show. I was so disgusted with last season and thought this show was over and should be retired. I'm hoping this episode is a harbinger of things to come and the PR I used to love is back. Loved the "come as you are plus a sheet" challenge, it really showed their creativity (or lack thereof).

Oh Ms. Trinidad is one I'm keeping an eye on. She's got some raw skills but I think her lack of inexperience will do her in due to time constraints. I like her but I reserve the right to change my mind next episode.
    I wandered over to see how things were going out of curiosity. I swore the show off forever after its last season. There were so many things wrong with that season that it insulted me to no end. The judging was bizarre and the winner, well, what can I say. Did I say how insulted I was with their last season? LOL The don't need to be meaner, just smarter.

I hope they learned their lesson from it, but I don't think I'm ready to return. Every board I looked at was in an uproar with their last season. It's good to see that the show kept some of their old fans. I'll check in every once in awhile and may try it again next season.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That reminds me. Who was that guy who showed that big hot mess of a pink dress during the audition? And who boasted that some star had worn it to some awards show? Uh, honey, ever hear of those "Worst Dressed" columns you see in magazines and the internet? If even famous designers can stumble, that means you can, too and just because a celebrity wears it doesn't mean anything . That dress was almost tacky.
    That was Gunnar Deatherage. I was glad he was eliminated because (a) that pink dress was so bad it raised to the "morally offensive" level and (b) his name was bringing havoc to my spell-check in the recap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast