+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I'm glad Julie got to stay also..her rack was by far IMO one of the most interesting...I hope this challenge was just a one time funk for her and she does better next week cause like the judges I was expecting much more from her
    What she showed of her work in the casting show was fabulous and unique. I was glad to see her stay, as well. Those her clothes were nothing like Uli but similar in that it is a distinct point of view and different from everyone esle. It has a southwestern/bohemian feel; I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I loved that Burt won. I am so glad that he redeemed himself with his outfit because I started rooting for him from the beginning. It is too soon to say who I want to win though. The girl from Trinidad who says she doesn't know how to sew did a good job. I am not totally sure I buy her story. While I know some people have natural talent, part of me thinks perhaps she is making it up so everyone will underestimate her or something.
    Loved Burt and his outfit. Glad he won. And as for the girl who said she just learned how to sew for the show, never did pants and never worked with silk ... don't buy it AT ALL. At the selection round when Tim got up and looked at her work and said it was masterful job, she changed her story to "I got a lot of help." But at first she said she sewed all but one herself. THEN she seems to have no problem sewing at all and does pants (Which I thought looked bad in the front when the model walked) and get praised when it was new for her? I smell something fishy here. It COULD be true, but I am doubting it.
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Loved Burt and his outfit. Glad he won. And as for the girl who said she just learned how to sew for the show, never did pants and never worked with silk ... don't buy it AT ALL. At the selection round when Tim got up and looked at her work and said it was masterful job, she changed her story to "I got a lot of help." But at first she said she sewed all but one herself. THEN she seems to have no problem sewing at all and does pants (Which I thought looked bad in the front when the model walked) and get praised when it was new for her? I smell something fishy here. It COULD be true, but I am doubting it.
    you know there always seem to be some clothes every season that the judges just ohhhhh and awwww over and talk about how awesome it is and I am sitting there with my mouth hanging open over their praise cause I am wondering if there is any way that they are looking at the same outfit that I am....I don't think her pants were all that and this was one of those times when I am looking at the judges wondering if we are looking at the same thing...but I usually chalk it up to the fact that I know nothing of fashion and if its not blue jeans a t shirt and tennis shoes then I have no clue about it...but I have to laugh at some of the things these judges think is great..and I have to wonder if they are smoking something just like Tim said last season
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

you know there always seem to be some clothes every season that the judges just ohhhhh and awwww over and talk about how awesome it is and I am sitting there with my mouth hanging open over their praise cause I am wondering if there is any way that they are looking at the same outfit that I am....I don't think her pants were all that and this was one of those times when I am looking at the judges wondering if we are looking at the same thing...but I usually chalk it up to the fact that I know nothing of fashion and if its not blue jeans a t shirt and tennis shoes then I have no clue about it...but I have to laugh at some of the things these judges think is great..and I have to wonder if they are smoking something just like Tim said last season
    When they went on about how great the back of those pants fit, I thought, "Yeah, but at some point, you'd have to turn around and everyone would realize they didn't look very good in the front."

Personally, I think something is just off about her claim that she's only been sewing for four months and that's her first pair of pants, unless she's some kind of seamstress savant. After only four months of sewing, she's designing her own patterns, but she's still having trouble threading a machine? I haven't sewn since eighth grade home economics and even I can see how odd that is.

The same here for me....
    I figured it was my ignorance about fashion and they were judges, for gosh sakes!!! They should know!
    When they went on about that little tee shirt w/stripes and lace, saying every woman wants that in her wardrobe, I'm thinking, not this woman. Even when I was really young.
    Personally, I'm not buying Miss Trinidad's story either. But then I still wonder about Mozart sitting down at 3 yrs old and writing a concerto....sounds impossible but can happen. My instinct says she's pulling one over on all of us but who knows? I think, in time, we'll see. I was not impressed w/her outfit, particularly the fit of the pants like the judges were but I know nothing about fashion.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    The same here for me....
    I figured it was my ignorance about fashion and they were judges, for gosh sakes!!! They should know!
    When they went on about that little tee shirt w/stripes and lace, saying every woman wants that in her wardrobe, I'm thinking, not this woman. Even when I was really young.
    Personally, I'm not buying Miss Trinidad's story either. But then I still wonder about Mozart sitting down at 3 yrs old and writing a concerto....sounds impossible but can happen. My instinct says she's pulling one over on all of us but who knows? I think, in time, we'll see. I was not impressed w/her outfit, particularly the fit of the pants like the judges were but I know nothing about fashion.
    I'm 1000% with you about that striped t-shirt and the ugly skirt that went with it. It had NO appeal to me at all.

When you talked about Mozart writing a concerto at 3, it struck a thought in my mind (and I'm not even through my first cup of coffee yet!). How many of the designers have said (even this season), "I started sewing Barbie clothes on a Fisher-Price sewing machine"? If she were a savant, wouldn't she be more likely to have shown those proclivities as a child?

Maybe Miss Trinidad should have been watching the Design Star episode where Cathy Know-It-All was using her minute of camera time to teach us how to thread a sewing machine. As the mentor pointed out when she didn't finish in the allotted time, "Just tell people that modern machines come marked for easier threading - follow the numbers and . . . one . . . two . . . three . . . four . . . you're done."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

You can vote for your Fan Favorite thru Twitter via Oxygen. Oddly enough (imho) Anya is in the lead. Bert is the only one even remotely close. I just don't get it. Bert I understand. But Anya . . . . . .
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    You can vote for your Fan Favorite thru Twitter via Oxygen. Oddly enough (imho) Anya is in the lead. Bert is the only one even remotely close. I just don't get it. Bert I understand. But Anya . . . . . .
    IMO the only reason she has so many votes this early is because of the pity party of one she is trying to sell...I don't expect it to last long

its only been one episode so I don't as of yet have a "favorite" per say but based on what I have seen so far...I like Burt and Julie
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I know, right? How can anyone have a "favorite" after one week? All people will do now is stuff the "ballot boxes" of their friends...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Forget favorites. At this point, I can't remember more than one or two of the designers' names, much less choose a favorite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast