+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I thought they were putting the green skirt/gray and black striped top in the BOTTOM 3 when they made that guy stay. It was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and the judges were all going crazy over it.

Glad that Bert won. I also don't quite believe that Miss Trinidad Tobago JUST started actually sewing 4 months ago. The right guy went home tonight. Now I need to start working on their names!
    I'm with you on all counts. What in the world was so special about putting black lace over some stripes that were already there, just to hide them? And that skirt--yikes. Didn't Tim even comment on the placement of the lace there? How many women want an outfit with horizontal stripes across the top and then an obvious detail that attracts attention to their crotch?

Bert's was well-designed and well-executed, and so far, he seems like a decent guy. I hope he doesn't disappoint me later. I did feel a little bad for him when Heidi suggested the inaugural champagne toast, though, since he'd said he was a recovering alcoholic, and he didn't appear to have a glass when the toast was made. They had to know his situation--it was in a piece we saw--so couldn't they have come up with something non-alcoholic for him? Heck, he surely can't be the first contestant they've ever had who doesn't or can't drink.

I don't believe the four months of sewing experience bit either--and I'm sorry, but however beautifully those pants fit in the back, I didn't like the fit of them in the front, and I didn't think the top was all that special, considering she was one of the few there who had some material with some potential with which to work.

I also agree with the poster who liked the two black and white looks. I was sure at least one of those would make it into top three on sewing skills alone, not to mention the designs. I mean, the one woman actually made a clown puking rainbows into a toilet work.

I'm glad the woman in the bottom three got to stay too, because her initial rack looked really interesting and unlike what we've seen on PR before--she just ended up stuck with really terrible material with which to work.
    Shoepie, Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

I'm glad Julie got to stay also..her rack was by far IMO one of the most interesting...I hope this challenge was just a one time funk for her and she does better next week cause like the judges I was expecting much more from her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Bert was definitely holding a full glass during the toast. They showed him raising it. It very well could have been a non-alcoholic sparkling beverage.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Bert was definitely holding a full glass during the toast. They showed him raising it. It very well could have been a non-alcoholic sparkling beverage.
    They usually have non-alky cider handy -- Heidi drinks it when she's pregnant, also I remember Jeff in season 3 drinking cider, or else if there was only champagne to toast with, he would clink glasses and then dump the champagne out.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm with you on all counts. What in the world was so special about putting black lace over some stripes that were already there, just to hide them? And that skirt--yikes. Didn't Tim even comment on the placement of the lace there? How many women want an outfit with horizontal stripes across the top and then an obvious detail that attracts attention to their crotch?
    Totally agree! There is no way I would wear that.

Bert's was well-designed and well-executed, and so far, he seems like a decent guy. I hope he doesn't disappoint me later....
    I was so glad Burt won. And it wasn't just sympathy, I really did feel his was the best. I don't like the previews, though. It looks like he has a nasty experience with his partner during the duo challenge. I hate those challenges where they have to work in pairs. There's always one team that just cannot get along and it's sad to watch.

That reminds me. Who was that guy who said, "At first I was prejudiced against Burt because of his age, but then I changed my mind"? I couldn't believe he said that on national TV. To his credit, though, I am glad that he was open-minded enough to let his mind be changed.

I don't believe the four months of sewing experience bit either--and I'm sorry, but however beautifully those pants fit in the back, I didn't like the fit of them in the front, and I didn't think the top was all that special, considering she was one of the few there who had some material with some potential with which to work.
    Totally agree. That just seems way too suspicious, and I didn't think her garment was the cat's meow, either.

I also agree with the poster who liked the two black and white looks. I was sure at least one of those would make it into top three on sewing skills alone, not to mention the designs. I mean, the one woman actually made a clown puking rainbows into a toilet work.
    I loved that black-and-white dress, the one that looked like a retro 50's design with the full skirt. I would love to have it. I would far rather have seen that dress in the top than Miss Trinidad's.

I'm glad the woman in the bottom three got to stay too, because her initial rack looked really interesting and unlike what we've seen on PR before--she just ended up stuck with really terrible material with which to work.
    That, and she was the least bad of the bottom 3. It was just her trousers that were a little off, the rest of it was ok.

The same can't be said for the other two, however. Oh...my...gosh. I died laughing when Michael made that remark "She looked she had too much for dinner and popped her buttons." That's exactly what I was thinking! And I agree with that poster that there just seemed to be something a little off with Rafael. You're on a competition that could make your career, and you don't want to take off a simple head rag? (That and the "sexy Nina" remark. Whatever.) I was so disappointed, because I was rooting for him after hearing his backstory in the audition episode.

And good for "Dr." Tim for giving his medicine! I bet Tim was one of the ones why hadn't wanted Rafael on the show. I wonder if he was ticked off when he heard that Rafael got eliminated? Good for Tim, though, for not showing it.

I honestly couldn't make up my mind which outfit was worst, Rafael or the other guy's. Nina said it perfectly. "This is a design competion, and you give us shorts and a t-shirt?" And a tacky-looking shirt, too. I think on balance that I would have to say this guy's was worse. I mean, that was an elementary design mistake, to put that panel right square in the front. At first I thought it was deliberate, like that skirt, and I had the same reaction, "What woman would wear a blouse that so obviously calls attention to her assets"? At least tried Rafael tried to be creative by making his rag an accessory and, like somebody said, the back of his blouse did look good.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm looking at Lifetime's "Rate the Runway" now.

--Anya's trousers look like a rumpled trash bag

--Becky's light blue color with the faintly-visible stripes is lovely.

--Same with Danielle's shorts. I also like that she paired it with a blouse in darker, more autumnal colors. Interesting contrast.

--What's with the trousers? Since they had to use their pajamas, were people trying to make pajama pants? I'm looking at Julie's outfit. Cute top, lousy pants. Just so I don't repeat myself, I didn't find a decent pair of trousers.

--Kimberly's barely-there top reminds me of one Ashley wore a couple of weeks ago on The Bachelorette. We joked over in TB's thread that her top reminded us of a hospital gown.

--Oliver's plain gray blouse over a plain brown skirt just looks blah. He's lucky that Joshua and Rafael looked so horrible or he might have ended up in the Bottom 3.

--The best for last, Viktor's chic black-and-white number. My favorite overall, but that's just me. I love this casual but classy look, especially paired with the Jackie-O sunglasses.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think most of the full pants from last night were made from bedsheets. And while Anya's pants kind of puffed out in the front and were baggy, they loved how the butt was shaped and the length of the hem. Also she hammered into their heads that she's supposedly only been sewing for 4 months, which makes them doubly impressed because they figured she would fail. She's smart.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Just got to watching last night's show on my dvr - the beginning was sooo slow to me, watching all of them audition and only seeing little clips of their racks. When I looked at the clock and only 15 min. had gone by, I was shocked. It didn't seem necessary to me, and right now I can't really remember any of the four who left. So, why bother?

I loved the challenge - that was hilarious! Most of them did a really good job, I thought, of making the sheets not look like sheets. I liked several looks, but none really stood out as to make me think we have a front-runner. Bert's dress was cute, Anya's look was cute too - tho the close up on her pants showed us the hem was bumpy. I did like that black and white dress too - it stood out; looked like he used some stiffener on the fabric or something.

I hated Olivier's look and thought he'd be in the bottom for sure. I didn't like Julie, and her pants were just terrible - her top was probably what saved her. Both of the bottom two deserved it; I couldn't stand either of their outfits.

I wish they still had the model's show on, so we could see what they thought too - I liked that, seeing their reactions and getting to know their personalities.

SO glad this show's back!! Yay!
    Last edited by navybelle; 07-29-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Just saw it's Bert, not Burt. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think most of the full pants from last night were made from bedsheets. And while Anya's pants kind of puffed out in the front and were baggy, they loved how the butt was shaped and the length of the hem. Also she hammered into their heads that she's supposedly only been sewing for 4 months, which makes them doubly impressed because they figured she would fail. She's smart.
    I was thinking the same thing. I didn't get it when they raved about the fit of her pants, which to me were creased and awkwardly fitting in the front, but I thought they probably gave her a pass on it because she supposedly barely knows how to sew. I don't buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    --The best for last, Viktor's chic black-and-white number. My favorite overall, but that's just me. I love this casual but classy look, especially paired with the Jackie-O sunglasses.

I completely agree. It was an iconic look that worked in the '50-'60's and now. Very flattering and feminine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast