+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show & Casting Special - **Spoilers**

Who went home (from the Top 16)?

Rafael and Josh (edit) were bottom 2; Rafael got the auf weidersehn.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-29-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think I agree with you. Nothing comesoff my machine so effortlessly. And I have been sewing for decades. Great job in any event though. As they were coming down, I was trying to decide which one I like the least. I like the hairy crotch the least. . Good challenge!!!

The young guys are laughing when the others are criticized(thinking they are somehow safe and won't get it). And the older guy is wincing thinking that could be him getting it in the future. Yay for the Burt!

Michael is funny....choking with laughter over the eating too much. Rafael seems like a sweet guy. That was a hardchallenge. We willsee you later.
    Last edited by Lizard; 07-29-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Burt's dress was definitely the best...nothing else really stood out at all.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I thought they were putting the green skirt/gray and black striped top in the BOTTOM 3 when they made that guy stay. It was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and the judges were all going crazy over it.

Glad that Bert won. I also don't quite believe that Miss Trinidad Tobago JUST started actually sewing 4 months ago. The right guy went home tonight. Now I need to start working on their names!

The bottom two: Josh and Rafael.

Josh, is kind of a husky guy. He had a bed sheet and his what XXL t shirt and sweatpants and he managed not to have enough material to cover a tiny model? Poor planning on his part. Stupid on his part too.

Rafael, huh, this is Project Runway, no sleep and no time to finish outfits time not give me time to think and then what did you do with your materials? Seriously, he could have done a skirt or blouse with that scarf. Did he think anyone really cared what his hair looked like? Oh, see what happens to people that don't listen to Tim Gunn. They get "auffed".

Other outfits that I liked:

Bert's of course.

The two white cotton dresses, one with the black and white inserts and the other one with the clown on it. The blue shorts with the two tone brown top. The rest not impressed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    . . . Rafael, huh, this is Project Runway, no sleep and no time to finish outfits time not give me time to think and then what did you do with your materials? Seriously, he could have done a skirt or blouse with that scarf. Did he think anyone really cared what his hair looked like? Oh, see what happens to people that don't listen to Tim Gunn. They get "auffed". . .
    I think Rafael has a bit of a problem with reality. First, he thinks anybody cares if his hair is a mess, to the point where he won't take off his "do" rag to advance in a HUGE fashion competition. Secondly, he thought Nina Garcia was making sexy eyes at him. Really? I thought Nina's eyes were showing that she was having a hard time staying awake while looking at his creations and listening to him talk.

Rafael, we'd like to introduce you to Reality. Auf wiedersehen.
    navybelle likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

I also don't quite believe that Miss Trinidad Tobago JUST started actually sewing 4 months ago. The right guy went home tonight. Now I need to start working on their names!
    I don't believe this either, not for a minute! It is one thing to operate a sewing machine and another to create a garment from scratch. I have sewn all my life and I would not be able to cut a pattern for pants or anything other than a simple skirt. Something is very fishy here. I will be interested to see if she gets exposed. If she continues to put out skilled pieces this has to come up, has to.

I think his hair is very kinky and requires a flat iron. I get it why a young man would not want to go on TV with his hair looking terrible but he could have cut the same size piece out of the bed sheet to use as a scarf. I am not sure it that would have helped him; they were watching closely since he almost didn't make the cut.

The man who showed the pink satin gown eliminated himself! He should never have brought that; it should have remained as his dirty little secret! Did he ever watch this show?!

I didn't like the blue shorts paired with a brown and black top. Each piece was well excuted but I would never wear that combination. Very odd.
    AZChristian likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree Bert's was the rightful winner. I also like the black and white rainbow puking clown outfit.

Not sure that Rafael should have been sent home. Yes, his pants were tighter than tight, but at least the back of his shirt showed some sewing ability. Josh was just a hot mess from top to bottom. Maybe all those comments Rafael made about Nina watching him backfired!
    AZChristian likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast