+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anya Ayoung-Chee - Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Anya Ayoung-Chee - Season 9

Is it just my imagination or are they grooming her to be the winner?

Thought her dress with one long sleeve was looking a little bit "home ec" project-ish.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Is it just my imagination or are they grooming her to be the winner?

Thought her dress with one long sleeve was looking a little bit "home ec" project-ish.
    I honestly cannot believe this or any other reality show grooms anyone for the win. They don't care, they just want good entertainment. Jeff was hated by most and he won.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I honestly cannot believe this or any other reality show grooms anyone for the win. They don't care, they just want good entertainment. Jeff was hated by most and he won.
    And let's not forget Gretchen (although goodness knows - I've tried).

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Perhaps "grooming" wasn't the right word. How about "setting up for"? Yes, Jeffrey and Gretchen were hated, but look how much time they got in front of the camera. At times, the entire show revolved around them. Given that same criteria, it's either going to be Josh (perish the thought) or Anya (who just learned to sew last week). What would make for a better underdog story than that?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Perhaps "grooming" wasn't the right word. How about "setting up for"? Yes, Jeffrey and Gretchen were hated, but look how much time they got in front of the camera. At times, the entire show revolved around them. Given that same criteria, it's either going to be Josh (perish the thought) or Anya (who just learned to sew last week). What would make for a better underdog story than that?
    Yes, I get what you are saying, now. The show is edited after its completion so we see those in the finale more than others. However, they will always show drama no matter where that person finishes so Josh, as a finalist, is still up in the air for me. His problem of embelishing may bring him down. Well, lets hope so. Anya seems a shoo in for the finale.

Bert is giving his share of drama, too. Not sure if that means he goes the distance either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12