Gunnar Deatherage
Season 9 Designer

Age 21, Louisville, KY

Current occupation: Hairstylist for Aveda

Past jobs: Creative directing, and serving

Favorite designer(s): Rodarte, for sure. How fantastic that two sisters who were completely self-taught, and were the weird kids growing up, grew up to blossom into a fashion revolution.

Training: I'm completely self-taught. I started with using patterns, and when I couldn't find what I wanted, I started to drape and make my own.

What is a fashion must?
Lipstick, lipstick, lipstick. All women should wear it.

What was the first garment you ever made?
A very simple dress for my younger cousin. We would put on performances and make our family sit down to watch us.

What celebrity would you like to design for?
Nicole Kidman. The woman has her own shape, haha. I would kill to design for her.

If you weren't designing, you'd be...
Performing, or doing hair. Both are loves of my life, but designing just takes the front seat.

Favorite past PR designers: Daniel Vosovic. He was, wow, amazing.

PR challenge you hope they bring back: The mom challenge. How much fun would that be, to share that experience with my best friend?

PR challenge you hope they don't bring back: The car challenge ... not that I couldn't do it, but there's only so much you can do with old upholstery and seatbelts.

Why do you think you will win Project Runway?
I think I stand as good a chance as anyone. I give everything my all, and if it is supposed to happen, it will.

Project Runway Season 9 Designers | myLifetime.com