Thread: Joshua McKinley - Season 9

Joshua McKinley - Season 9

Joshua McKinley
    Season 9 Designer

Age 25, Sunnyside, NY

Current occupation: Assistant designer for private-label brands

Past jobs: Freelance design work

Favorite designer(s): Jean Paul Gaultier, Viktor and Rolf, Gianni Versace

Training: BFA, The Fashion Institute of Technology; Polimoda, Florence, Italy.

What was the first garment you ever made?
    I apologize but I can.t even recall what it was..

What is a fashion must?
    Tailored blazers and a haute pair of boots.

What celebrity would you like to design for?
    Blake Lively. I would love to have her in a lace-and-mesh number, the idea of a second skin, in nude and sheer black tones, something along the lines of Rene Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair.

If you weren't designing, you'd be...
    Bored! My life is about being inspired and creating, and all of my hard work has been to follow this dream and I am so humbled to be doing what I love.

Favorite past PR designers: Really enjoyed Stella and her leather.

PR challenge you hope they bring back: Loved the Gristedes challenge!

PR challenge you hope they don't bring back: The wedding dress challenge looked like a whole lotta drama!

Why do you think you will win Project Runway?
    I am strong and courageous, and live my life each day with desire, dedication and determination to be better than I was the day before. I plan on giving each challenge and each opportunity 150 percent, because that.s all I know how to do.

Project Runway Season 9 Designers | myLifetime.com

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Joshua McKinley - Season 9

It's probably a good thing that this guy can run as fast as he can. With his ATTITUDE, there's a good chance he's gonna tick somebody off and get the crap beat out of him!
    pikachu and AZChristian like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Every week, he reminds me of George Michael. I think he looks quite a bit like him and his voice is similar.

I like it when he's being a bit snarky, but he was downright hateful to Becky on the last episode. I'm glad he apologized to her. She didn't deserve the tongue-lashing he gave her, or having her fashions called dowdy.

Then he got on Bert's case for using the sewing machine he was using earlier. Like Bert said, there was a whole roomful of sewing machines and none of them had people's names on them! I could see him getting upset if he went to the bathroom and came back to the sewing room to find that Bert had removed his stuff and started using his machine. However, it sounded like the machine was clear when Bert took it so what's the big deal?
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Every week, he reminds me of George Michael. I think he looks quite a bit like him and his voice is similar.

I like it when he's being a bit snarky, but he was downright hateful to Becky on the last episode. I'm glad he apologized to her. She didn't deserve the tongue-lashing he gave her, or having her fashions called dowdy.

Then he got on Bert's case for using the sewing machine he was using earlier. Like Bert said, there was a whole roomful of sewing machines and none of them had people's names on them! I could see him getting upset if he went to the bathroom and came back to the sewing room to find that Bert had removed his stuff and started using his machine. However, it sounded like the machine was clear when Bert took it so what's the big deal?
    He seems like a very hateful person. The way he treated Becky was uncalled. He fits a stereotype.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I know. It seems like people are ganging up on Bert. If I were them, I would be more respectful to Bert knowing the people he has worked with and his experience in the business. He may be sort of a curmudgeon but you need some kind of finessing to work your way around these kind of people.

I think the issue with the sewing machines is that it takes time to get them set up correctly for what you're sewing...the right color thread for topstitch and bobbin, the foot pressure (which has to vary depending on the material), even the needle (some materials require a finer needle than others). While I definitely thought Josh M should get a boot in the butt for this episode (for his attitude toward Becky, etc.), I thought he had a point about the machine (at least to a certain extent...of course, it was Bert, who would never admit to doing something wrong...between the two attitudes, the whole thing escalated).

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I think the issue with the sewing machines is that it takes time to get them set up correctly for what you're sewing...the right color thread for topstitch and bobbin, the foot pressure (which has to vary depending on the material), even the needle (some materials require a finer needle than others). While I definitely thought Josh M should get a boot in the butt for this episode (for his attitude toward Becky, etc.), I thought he had a point about the machine (at least to a certain extent...of course, it was Bert, who would never admit to doing something wrong...between the two attitudes, the whole thing escalated).
    Even though his tone was snarky, Bert did make a comment that there was no sign on the machine identifying it as Josh's. I would think that if someone had just left the machine for a few minutes to run back into the sewing room, they'd put a note on it. And who knows - maybe Bert had the machine earlier and Josh had done to Bert earlier what he was accusing Bert of doing to him. I wouldn't put it past King Josh and his attitude.

Why do you think you will win Project Runway?
    I am strong and courageous, and live my life each day with desire, dedication and determination to be better than I was the day before. I plan on giving each challenge and each opportunity 150 percent, because that.s all I know how to do.
    As far as the quote goes and what I have seen how he treated Becky, I think he has a lot of work a head of him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

His apology to Becky was total mean-girl passive aggressive. He treated her like crap, and sorry buddy but how on God's green earth could you think using "dowdy" wasn't an insult. Ugh. I haven't disliked someone so much since....well....Gretchen.
    Little Sew&Sew and kireelady like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Here's how it works Josh.

After asking someone a yes or no question, it's your turn to SHUT YOUR MOUTH and wait for them to reply. You don't try answering the question for them by repeatedly saying "is it? is it? is it?" all the while interrupting what they are trying to say in response.

If that ugliness we saw with Becky and her dowdy designs and the ugliness we saw with Bert about what didn't print (and PLEASE don't tell me that whole tirade started over one cuss word!) isn't the real you . . . . it sure is getting to be a regular occurrence.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast