+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Joshua McKinley - Season 9

Re: Joshua McKinley - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder if it turns out to be Viktor?

But frankly, Joshua needs to button up his shirt and leave already. His theatrics are stale and he's annoying more than anything.
    Well, in that same article the person said he said that Viktor was one of the people he disliked from Project Runway (all seasons). I can't find the darn thing now, but am looking to double check

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Well, in that same article the person said he said that Viktor was one of the people he disliked from Project Runway (all seasons). I can't find the darn thing now, but am looking to double check
    Certainly looks like he could end up the 'villain' then I guess. He certainly has a 'screw everyone it's all about me' attitude and something about him is very off-putting, although his designs are quite nice a lot of the time. Reminds me of how much I disliked Gretchen, although I hated her designs as well.

If Tim considers him one of his most disliked in all the seasons, he must do something pretty serious to make him a villain. At this point he's dislikable but definitely not the worst I've seen on this show.

Joshua is certainly unstable emotionally. He's freaking out one minute and crying the next and then yelling a minute after that. I predict he'll crash and burn soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    . He gets away with bad behavior because he is good-looking and talented . . but that won't last too long. He needs a personality and temperament overhaul.
    I don't see the "good looks" or the "talent." He speaks with such affectations, simpering, nasty and totally self-involved. Nor do I see any outstanding talent, only mediocre designs that tend to be a little tacky with his OTT embellishments.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I don't think Joshua is such a bad guy. He's young and not in control of his emotions, but I find him pretty sympathetic. I just think he's a very intense guy who may not yet be as aware of other people's feelings as he could be.
    Youth is not an excuse for bad behavior. Why isn't he in control of his emotions?? Because he's spoiled and self involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    On one hand, how can one begrudge someone with such severe emotional problems? After all, the guy is clearly whacked. On the other, how can anyone forgive a nasty, obnoxious, bully?
    I don't consider nasty, obnoxious, selfish, rude behavior as signs of someone with severe emotional problems. He just shows that he only cares about himself and no one else's feelings.

I'm sure this must sound like I really hate Josh. I don't. But I really don't think people can behave any way they want to, regardless of others' feelings and be excused for it by dimissing it as the fault of youth or emotional issues. Who hasn't been young (and dumb) once? Who hasn't had tragedies and sorrow in their life? And yet, others can behave better even with the same situations Josh has in his life.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 10-13-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was also thinking that the "villian" turns out to be Viktor. I love the conjecture about somebody discovering Anja's money and saying nothing......and I hope it was caught on tape!! That could be anybody!!!

I love that she WON that challenge where she was so severely handicapped!
    Allie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Had to laugh (groan) at Josh on the ferry...saying that with the wind in his face he could FINALLY take a moment to congratulate himself on how far (fabulous) he had come (was). I thought we'd been pretty much treated to nothing but self-congratulation from him since the first episode! The man makes me crazy, and I was so hoping he'd be auf'd. That ridiculous skirt, shirt and huge vest was horrible. And his insistence that Anya won the $20,000 because she's a beauty queen and not a designer was so rude.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I don't think Joshua is such a bad guy. He's young and not in control of his emotions, but I find him pretty sympathetic. I just think he's a very intense guy who may not yet be as aware of other people's feelings as he could be. The people on the show seem to defend and have fondness for him and I don't think they would have if he were as selfish and hurtful as he might first have seemed.
    I like Joshua too. For some reason, I am more sympathetic than offended by him. People come to life's lessons at different stages in life. Joshua is just a late bloomer. That is truly how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I read that Tim does not consider him the villain of the show. He said that person will come to light soon.
    It will be Viktor or Anya. I'm a huge Viktor fan, but I have yet to hear other designers express any thing positive or negative about him. They've been sort of neutral. Viktor's head is in the game. I'm not so sure about "villain" but game-player, yes.

Still, I like his and Bert's designs the best out of all of them. I like Anya's work and think she is the most fashion-forward of the bunch, but I would never be a consumer of her designs. They are for a much wealthier demographic that I can't relate to.

FORT Fogey

Joshua may make some changes when he views himself on TV. It will give his friends an opportunity to talk to him about this too, having the visual tool to help.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I like Joshua too. For some reason, I am more sympathetic than offended by him. People come to life's lessons at different stages in life. Joshua is just a late bloomer. That is truly how I see it.
    I like Joshua, too! Obviously, I don't like everything he's said and done on the show but overall I like him. I've known people like him in real life and even butted heads with them at first but then become good friends with them when we reached an understanding. He is brusque and doesn't think things through before snapping at people but I think that's more of a socialization issue, something he'll grow out of as he matures.

I'm not much of a people person myself and tend to rub many people the wrong way, which frustrates me because I really mean no harm and people misunderstand me a lot. I'm just not always very good at explaining what I mean.

I got more of a sense that Burt was 'misunderstood' because he had trouble making his meaning clear and seemed to find interacting with others difficult at times. By the end though, he was clearly having a much better time and seemed to be having fun getting along with the other designers.

Josh on the other hand is not misunderstood, he's catty and apparently enjoys tearing others down while he gossips and snipes in an attempt to remind himself of how great he is. This last episode had him making nasty remarks about Anya and pretty much everyone else to his helper (can't even remember the guy's name! ha!) constantly, and moaning about the fact that she won because she's a beauty queen who can't sew and she basically robbed him of $20,000. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and saying, but he's probably always interacted with others this way so it's part of who he is.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234