+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Olivier Green - Season 9

Olivier Green - Season 9

Olivier Green
    Season 9 Designer

Age 22, New York, NY

Current occupation: Fashion designer

Favorite designer(s): Raf Simons, Miuccia Prada, Neil Barrett, Alexander McQueen, Iris van Herpen, Hussein Chalayan

Training: I went to design schools in London and Milan. Also worked in the industry after graduation.

What was the first garment you ever made?
    A simple toile at school.

What is a fashion must?
    Simple leather shoes.

If you weren't designing, you'd be...
    A musician.

Favorite past PR designers: Leanne

Why do you think you will win Project Runway?
    I have potential to grow and adapt to challenges.

Project Runway Season 9 Designers | myLifetime.com

FORT Fogey

Re: Olivier Green - Season 9

He's my bet to win this season. Though now I'm a little uncertain because there's a footage of him in the previews collapsed in the track with a medic. And I'm a little dubious about the name (olive green). I'm ambivalent but he's my choice to win this season (second is Danielle, a.k.a. Gretchen II).

So, how did he come up with that accent? He said he was born in COLUMBUS, OHIO and then moved to London (and later Milan). Doesn't sound like an Italian or British accent (and certainly not an Ohioan accent! LOL) to me...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Wondering the same thing myself. Was intrigued at first, until I heard him say he lived in Ohio until he was 16. Either his parents had the same accent and he had absolutely no outside influences OR he's faking it. Already had my doubts about Anya, now I'm adding Oliver/Olivier to that list as well.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I'm surprised people do not recognise his accent as Brit. Not everyone in England speak with a Cockney accent (ala Eliza Doolittle). His accent is similar to a lot of Brits (in between the Queen's proper English and Cockney).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

They never really explained what happened to Olivier at the track. A reasonably young, healthy person doesn't pass out and get numb in the arms when they fall while running. I was very concerned about him and surprised they didn't have him go get checked out at the hospital besides just having an on-the-spot medic look at him. Does he have a blood pressure problem? Asthma? A heart condition? Something else we don't know about? I don't think dehydration or hitting his funny bone when he fell would account for him acting the way he did.

FORT Fogey

These designers are probably tired because of little sleep, little time for challenges, littered with testimonials/interviews in between, and no breaks in between challenges. And he was running fast before the tumble (quite a big tumble) and, if I remember correctly, on his chest. So maybe the fall knocked the air out of him and made him woozy. Anyway, he recovered shortly, didn't he?

I'm glad he's gone. Something very off putting about him.

+ Reply to Thread