+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4093214;
    Good that I know I can go to bed early. Am NOT watching it. WRONG decision. She should not even have been in the top 3. But they wanted a female winner, I bet. And one that was polar opposite to SA. SIGH
    It just has to be a woman. Let's bring Wendy Pepper back, then, and crown her a winner. Right, Allie? I'm so, so in shock and angry that I can't even cry for Mondo.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

This is the worst ending to this show ever! I can't even believe Gretchen won. It was clear to me from the runway shows that Mando was the standout and clear winner. This is just pathetic. I'm really annoyed right now with Michael and Nina. Gretchen's line looked like it was designed for frumpy older women. Ugh!

I am SO disappointed in the judges decision. They are now looking for retail wear. Ugh!

GRETCHEN WON?!?!?! :

I don't believe this: She won on sympathy IMHO, not talent. I could've sewn like she does and did well.

Note - retail.

Fashion should've been Andy or Mondo CLEARLY.

Gretchen's designs were weak, they were repetitive (something they called Mondo out on) and Heidi really only said the jewelry was great.

It's almost like because Mondo won that $20,000 challenge he wasn't needing the money. (Yeah - right, we all could use that right now)

I guess there is one positive thing - it means Mondo most likely will not have to deal with restrictions that "PR" would've given him long term.

Thankfully Mondo and Andy were gracious in their losses, but I think both should be upset because overall, Mondo had NO bottom two finishes (came close, but not that were second from last), won three challenges, and overall had consistent top designs.

Even Irina's win leaves me with a better taste in my mouth - at least her designs were well made.

BTW - To Heidi and Co. - I know more people of ALL ages who will buy Mondo's skeleton or cross shirts - and for the price that Heidi listed Andy's clothing designs for on Amazon.com ($250 or so). I know fewer people who would actually buy Gretchen's clothing. Jewelry? - yeah, but it's not a jewelry competition (and even there I could beat her in that category - if one would like, I can show you jewelry inspired by Mondo's ideas - and the pieces have been very popular. I have none that are based on Gretchen, and one on Andy).
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-29-2010 at 03:27 AM.

I think we should all start watching The Fashion Show on Bravo and boycott the farce Lifetime has turned the once great Project Runway into.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Add me to the list of people disgusted by Nina and Kors' crackpot decision. Exactly what I thought and feared would happen, did.

Who would wear that garbage? How is it current? And as Heidi said, is it a fashion show or a jewelry show? This was just so utterly stupid, I can barely think straight. It's one thing when the person is a jerk and an interesting designer. But Gretchen acts like a jerk and designs cheaply made garbage, IMO.

Why should we even watch this show if it'll have endings like this? Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmom53;4093221;
    I am SO disappointed in the judges decision. They are now looking for retail wear. Ugh!
    It must be the economy. Bargain bin...below retail. Prepare the masses now...

Flea market Fashion is the new & upcoming fashion! The economy is in the rutt and so Gretchen's Tacklebox collection will appeal to women all over the world.

I am so done ...... I don't understand and never will -

First of all Michael C. should have been in the final and

Second Gretchen winning - whoever wrote this script should be fired.

I'm in my 30's and will attest to the fact I'd spend the money to get one of Mondo's outfits - even if it took me a couple of months to do so (I don't make a lot, but it's an honest living). Seriously, I'm not a Dia De Los Muertos (skull) fan, and I loved his skull shirt. It's prettier than a lot of the decorated skulls you see in the actual event.

The cross shirt too was quite lovely.

When there's a design I know people from their 20's to even 50's or so would buy (those shirts are a clear one), there's a wrong choice here.

Anyone want to think they penalized him for using the same long dress and that's why they gave it to Gretchen? I think this was more of him "offending" them than anything.

The shock is starting to wear off a little, now, and the deep sadness is really starting to sink in. Poor, sweet, incredibly talented Mondo! He has more talent as a designer in his little finger than Gretchen will ever have. My heart aches for him!!

+ Reply to Thread