+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4094358People pooh-poohed me last time when I mentioned a conspiracy. I began to doubt myself. Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it really was nothing but bad judging. I'm sorry, but now I'm back to my original opinion. [B
    I couldn't agree more with those who say this has Lifetime written all over it. Poor woman victimized by BF, no home, no money, everybody says she has no talent, triumphs over two men the everybody had crowned the winners. If this hadn't of been PR, it would have been a Lifetime movie. [/B]
    Babbred,
    you are so right on all the points you made here!!! couldn't agree more.
    but you left out one more item that would make a Lifetime movie.
    Besides all you mentioned, don't forget that an assertive woman is often called a B**tch. (They did make a big thing about that with Gretchen)

Personally, I don't think Gretchen should have even been in the final 3. She was very good at the begining but that was it. I kept thinking she'd be "auf'd" in the later competetions. There is no doubt in my mind that her win was subjective/planned. Her designs represented too many things that others have been disqualified for, such as ready to wear, monochromatic, bloomers, etc etc.

I think Tim saw this happening a lot sooner than we did and therefore, his quote about crack smoking judges, removal of vlogs and then no blogs/vlogs at all towards the end.
    Also I saw a clip of his congratulations to Gretchen on another show and they made fun of how blah it was. Tim being Tim is always gracious but even he couldn't summon up a lot of enthusiasm.

Shame on Lifetime. :nono

FORT Fogey

Check it out:

YouTube - Tim Gunn Project Runway Q&A

I know there are tons of Tim lovers and Gretchen haters on this site, but I'm actually really disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown here.

I like Gretchen's work but think Mondo should have won.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Mondo. Just like American Idol, winning doesn't mean a hill of beans. I think/hope Mondo will do just fine.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-01-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4095334;
    Check it out:

I know there are tons of Tim lovers and Gretchen haters on this site, but I'm actually really disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown here.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Mondo. Just like American Idol, winning doesn't mean a hill of beans. I think/hope Mondo will do just fine.
    To be fair to both - Tim was not at all happy with the outcome, given the reasons Gretchen won as well as other things to note. Some of those are as I've mentioned Gretchen telling them she was tired of challenges (a kiss of death to most contestants) yet she continues, being rude to the judges (kiss of death to some contestants) and yet still in, making clothing that was similar to others auf'd and still in there, etc.

The particular of her saying that she was sick of challenges and didn't really want to do them anymore should've sent her home. It didn't - that's when I knew something was up, but hoped I was wrong. Unfortunately - I wasn't and she won.

Also, in defense of Tim, if I recall correctly, he is part owner of this show. And from the tone and the way he presents himself, Tim must have been VERY upset in order to show a lack of professionalism.

That by NO MEANS says I agree with what he did, I find it wrong, but I can see where it's coming from.

That said - I agree with you about it being a blessing to Mondo. He doesn't have to deal with as much the moniker of "PR." Most people would've seen him from the get go as a true up and coming designer, and he showed several pieces that could've gone straight to the stores - i.e. his shirts and some of the leggings. (Hence a reason I disagree with this being a reason Gretchen won).

Only thing Mondo needed was a boost up, Gretchen needed the handout in order to win. I think Mondo has a better chance of going further with his designs (if he can figure out how to adapt some for every day wear), than Gretchen will.

And trust me, I'd gladly save $100 or so to buy one of Mondo's shirts at a Saks Fifth or Nieman Marcus, I wouldn't give the time of day to any of Gretchen's work.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4094887;
    MONDO WAS ROBBED!

Gretchen shouldn't have even made it to FW. The fact that she won makes it even worse.
    Puke. :
    I'm with you holly71.
    Gretchen's stuff is garbage. I can't believe that she did not get called out on her knitted "granny panties"?! Her designs were NOT fashion forward or "today" as Nina and Michael called them... Her looks were more 1970's. One of the pant looks, was so Charlie's Angels, and one of the tops looked like a tunic I made in grade 7 home economic, circa 1975. The color pallet was a snooze also. Pathetic.

I can't believe that Heidi and Jessica let Michael and Nina bully them into giving Gretchen the win.

I would have preferred either Michael C or April in the finale versus Gretchen any day.

Mondo's clothes were FRESH and very fashion forward. I'm not a fashion plate by any means, but I would buy Mondo's clothes in a heartbeat. You couldn't PAY me to wear any of Gretchen's clothing.

Mondo was robbed. (AND he was a very nice guy).
    I hope that Heidi and Jessica Simpson (and tons of other stars) are soon seen on the red carpet wearing Mondo's designs. Go Mondo!!

FORT Fogey

I certainly did not look at Tim's comments as being unprofessional. We are talking about reality TV where everything is laid out in front of you, not a nurse talking about a patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4095334;
    Check it out:

One thing we can always count on is truth from Tim Gunn, so I have no problem with him sharing his opinion, which was shared by Heidi, as it turns out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4095634;
    One thing we can always count on is truth from Tim Gunn, so I have no problem with him sharing his opinion, which was shared by Heidi, as it turns out.
    I do think Tim was terribly unprofessional in this clip. It's a bit of a double-edged sword in that Tim can get away with being snide about contestants and judges but Gretchen can't.

Don't get me wrong...I like Tim and value his honesty and directness when it crosses over into meanness, that's when I draw the line - but I have the same standard for just about all people.

As a sidenote: Nina, Michael, and Heidi are the meanest of the bunch.

Another sidenote: During filming, it's clear Gretchen warms to Tim and talks about valuing his opinion, etc. However, I just read an interview where she says she learned the most from the Mondo, Michael, and Andy. She didn't reference Tim at all. I think something may have happened after the show between them....maybe she saw this video!

Kao

In all fairness there was a lot for Tim to be upset about this season (including the incident where they changed the complete scope and location of a challenge but didn't bother to tell him). This was just icing on the cake.

The most mind-boggling thing is that this show has made a point of stressing from Day 1 that they aren't about RTW (even to the point of calling former contestants out on it), then they turn around, praise and give the prize to someone whose collection SCREAMS RTW. What was UP with that!? They need to make up their minds; either the show is going to be about a marriage of high fashion creativity teamed with wearability, or it's going to be about making something have hanger appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4095673;
    I do think Tim was terribly unprofessional in this clip. It's a bit of a double-edged sword in that Tim can get away with being snide about contestants and judges but Gretchen can't.

Don't get me wrong...I like Tim and value his honesty and directness when it crosses over into meanness, that's when I draw the line - but I have the same standard for just about all people.

As a sidenote: Nina, Michael, and Heidi are the meanest of the bunch.

Another sidenote: During filming, it's clear Gretchen warms to Tim and talks about valuing his opinion, etc. However, I just read an interview where she says she learned the most from the Mondo, Michael, and Andy. She didn't reference Tim at all. I think something may have happened after the show between them....maybe she saw this video!
    I wouldn't call it unprofessional as much as a tad disloyal to his friends & bosses. The problem is, Heidi is both of these to him. He kind of tattled on her pulling him aside during the heated judging, which is outside the usual boundaries, as he pointed out. I don't know how Michael & Nina feel about being painted again as crack smokers.

But I think Tim is just as frustrated with the direction the show has been taking as we are. And if he gets fed up enough to want to leave, that's the ballgame. I don't think the show would last another full season without Tim. The show has overvalued Michael & Nina as necessary members of the family. The show was fine in the first few seasons with a more rotating roster of judges. They should still be there most of the time, just not together every single week. Heidi is Heidi and she runs the show, and frankly I have less of a problem with how she has progressed. She is more frank and opinionated now, but doesn't really hijack the show, which others in her position might.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4095689;
    I wouldn't call it unprofessional as much as a tad disloyal to his friends & bosses. The problem is, Heidi is both of these to him. He kind of tattled on her pulling him aside during the heated judging, which is outside the usual boundaries, as he pointed out. I don't know how Michael & Nina feel about being painted again as crack smokers.
    This I can see - being a bit disloyal, but I think even she understood - to a point, that this was something that needed to be said. Especially if Heidi was in favor of Mondo winning over Gretchen.

As we all have seen people like Mondo and his clothing, and a line from him and knowing he was from "Project Runway" would've been good from the show.

Gretchen's with as much as the line (this is the correct term, that wasn't a show, it was a line, something Emilio lost for last season) was hated, and as we're seeing bad for "PR."

Heidi is annoying, and does have a weird idea of fashion for her age, but she's smart - she saw $$$ from Mondo's line, not Gretchen's. I think his line would've been sold on her Amazon collection had Andy a. not had a better collection and b. Mondo not irk Heidi during the workshop critique.

But I think Tim is just as frustrated with the direction the show has been taking as we are. And if he gets fed up enough to want to leave, that's the ballgame. I don't think the show would last another full season without Tim.
    Yes - he along with Casanova, Peach, Michael C., Andy and Mondo made this season fun to watch.

The show has overvalued Michael & Nina as necessary members of the family. The show was fine in the first few seasons with a more rotating roster of judges. They should still be there most of the time, just not together every single week. Heidi is Heidi and she runs the show, and frankly I have less of a problem with how she has progressed. She is more frank and opinionated now, but doesn't really hijack the show, which others in her position might.
    I agree - Nina and Michael I felt ruined this season for me. I did question Heidi's taste on some of the decisions, such as April's resort wear, but overall she did pretty good on choosing who she liked and didn't.

If I were her, after this season's result, and the negative publicity that has ensued, she really needs to look into finding people to be fairer judges. This decision has given her a proverbial black eye, and yet she apparently supported the runner up's over the winner's, but lost out to the other judges.

I will give her this much, if she's a producer and reserves the right to intervene in that manner (something to that effect), at least she didn't and not veto their votes (even if appalling in many's views).

+ Reply to Thread