+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4093745;
    It's funny that some considered Mondo's collection as "high fashion" compared to Gretchen's. Gretchen's collection was more sophisticated because she's savvy and she intuited what is going on (it doesn't hurt to read Vogue). While it was criticised harshly for it's simplicity, there's composure in it's nuances. And styling is key to "high fashion" because you could have the IT look but if styled wrong, well...
    I just find her clothes ugly - just like I do a lot in Vogue. Her jewelry could be considered Vogue though given the bolder lines of it as well as the elegance. (Yes, her one saving grace is the jewelry is interesting and can be designed in many sizes and have inlays and the like).

But again - it's not a jewelry making competition, and I know of many who'd run her out based on that with their silversmith work.

I also hated Andy's bikini that he chose to show in the runway - Tim was right that it looked like hair coming out of her crotch. It wasn't tasteful at all.

Mondo's error I think was the same polka dot fabric used in two dresses - that's the only thing I found wrong with his. The outfits themselves I had no problem with, i.e. shape and the like (even if I maintain - with a better screen TV the second go, the blue top he made last week still was a tad too bright for the dress).

Save the headbands which are admittedly a bit juvenile, Mondo's line actually has pieces for all ages to wear. I didn't see that with either Gretchen's or Andy's. A wide range of designs for all ages will do better long term - I noticed the same idea was used in SA's designs last year. I could see all ages wear some of his coats and outfits.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 10-29-2010 at 04:07 PM.

HA HA HA...Mondo has the final word...I just saw a website that for the next 2 days is selling the finale clothes..and all but 2 of Mondo's are SOLD OUT...Wretchen has only 1 sold out as does Andy..GOOOOOOOOOO MONDO...you can shove it up M&N backside...lol...wondering if all the negative posts about the show last night and now this if they are questioning themselves...LOVE that Mondo's stuff is already sold out..hee hee hee
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4093816;
    New York Fashion Week - sponsored by AARP!

This 51 year old would not touch her line with a ten foot pole.

I don't like baggy, shapeless clothing in muted tones of browns, but I get that some do.

What irritates me is that this show has never been about awarding the title to someone who is making clothing that is currently on trend, commerical/ready-to-wear, it's always been about who is new and innovative.

The judges have contradicted themselves all season long, so I guess the ending shouldn't surprise me so much, but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4093774;
    Her collection was on trend (intuitively or not) but it was still her. Mondo's collection could have benefited from a stylist (it needed refinement). It came out too junior and kitschy.
    JMO, but I would rather look too junior in my apparel than old and dowdy. Different strokes for different folks is all, as we all obviously look at the looks and see different things. I honestly saw Gretchen's line as nothing but cheap looking garbage. The fact that she comes across to me as a self-absorbed brat does not help her case with me either. But of course, Jeffrey had st least some clothes I somewhat liked, and he was a total jerk, so, eh.

Mondo could've done without the headbands/headpieces (as could have Andy), but otherwise, no refinement needed, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4093897;
    HA HA HA...Mondo has the final word...I just saw a website that for the next 2 days is selling the finale clothes..and all but 2 of Mondo's are SOLD OUT...Wretchen has only 1 sold out as does Andy..GOOOOOOOOOO MONDO...you can shove it up M&N backside...lol...wondering if all the negative posts about the show last night and now this if they are questioning themselves...LOVE that Mondo's stuff is already sold out..hee hee hee
    Yes, it's on Project Runway's Facebook page. The page has almost 900 responses from people crowing over the fact that almost all of Mondo's 10 designs are sold out and only one of Gretchen's has. Who said people wouldn't want to by Mondo's? lol

It's a 72 hour sale of all 3 designers lines:

Project Runway: Today, starting at 9am PST/12pm EST, shop the actual pieces that walked the runway in last night’s finale. There’s only 72- hours to shop Mondo, Gretchen, and Andy’s collections before they’re gone!

Today, starting at... | Facebook

I also find it interesting that on the blogs on lifetime by previous seasons contestants they are all Team Mondo and said a good number of those at the show during fashion week were underwhelmed by Gretchen's collection and didn't think she was the winner, lol.

P.S. Mods if this is something I shouldn't post please remove it.

I've certainly enjoyed several parts of the season, however there have been way more failures than successes.

Not having Models of the Runway was a loss, 90-minute shows were not necessary, the Reunion show was all but absent, the apparent scripted dialog between the judges, and -with that being said- the apparent (and unacceptable) ending. The whole thing has been a disappointment to those of us who have watched it year after year. OHHHH, how I wish PR was still on Bravo!

All this said, it's now quite obvious why the Reunion show was so brief and held before the final runway. Can you imagine the venom that would have been spewed at Freulein Bitchen if the reunion was taped AFTER she won?!?

Oh, and ((Hugs)) and thank you for listening.
    All I can say is, "I'm so glad I got a second chance like you were (both) given."
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Newbie

I'll probably get dinged for saying this but I thought that this was one of my favorite PR seasons EVER. I thought the caliber of the designers was really brought up a level and I enjoyed so many of the challenges (specifically, the Jackie O challenge, the 'create-your-own-print', the couture look/RTW look).

Reading all of the comments, tweets, blogs, and messages about the PR finale last night, I am kind of shocked that there's so much venom about Gretchen's collection and subsequent win. I'm curious if the feelings about her "role" on the show influenced a lot of people's thinking about her clothing. I wasn't a fan of all of Gretchen's looks for the whole season (the last one was really, really bad) but I think it was clear from the get-go that she had a clear aesthetic and talent. Mondo certainly had this, too, as did Andy (when he focused on the 'warrior woman' look that I really missed from his final collection), as did April, and I think Michael Drummond, too (loved his Lincoln Center collection inspired by Mark Rothko - very cool). But what I saw in Gretchen's line at the end, as someone who lives in NYC and who has worked for a famous American designer, was an incredibly cohesive collection that has aspirational elements, modern elements, and frankly, incredible construction and style. I can't even begin to describe how important the styling of a runway show is to the success of the collection - people are paid thousands of dollars to consult with design firms to tell them what hair/make-up/accessories are "on trend" and what looks to send down the runway to best compliment the clothes and create inspirational concepts that women will like and want to re-create. YES it's a FASHION SHOW(showing off the clothes) but what is advertised, what is sold to the consumer, and what most people take away from the show is "the look". Fashion is all about subjectivity, so in my mind, I think Gretchen’s world was more accessible than Mondo’s – his was too over-the-top and, in my opinion, limited itself to the number of people that it spoke too.

I think Mondo is such a doll and I would love to be his friend. His story-line in the print-making challenge was inspiring and beautiful and completely catapulted him to fan-favorite status. His outfits week after week we adorable (minus that weird bikini and plastic visor look) and I was rooting for him to go far. But I think at the end of the day, and I have to agree with Michael Kors and Nina Garcia (WOW! Didn’t agree with them a lot this season) was that there was an element to certain pieces that skewed junior and wouldn’t work on a universal level. Some of his things were beautiful, “Molto” Mondo, and had humor to them, but there was an over-the-top-ness to them that didn’t connect the dots. Like his model said about the black dress that he ultimately nixed, he needed a ‘breath’. It was all a bit too much. The focus wasn’t on the look, it was on the “show” and I have to be honest and say that I don’t think Seth Aaron’s previous win helped. Mondo will certainly go far in his career and people will love (and buy) his clothing. This is just a fact now.

I really appreciate reading people’s comments and having different opinions. It’s great to see how many people take such a passionate interest in fashion – that’s the beauty of style; it allows for such differing views to all be considered valid and equally beautiful and chic.

FORT Newbie

Oh, and one more thing!

In terms of the 'bloomers' (aka Granny Panties) - check out Acne's S/S 2011 collection. They're back!!! (Edie Sedgwick used to wear these in the 60's/70's) They're on trend (as much as they wouldn't look good on me) and in NYC, very fashion-forward. I have seen them on several gorgeous women strolling down the LES. That's hipster/trendy for you.

well update on how the sale is going...all but ONE of Mondo's creations are SOLD OUT...lol..and this maybe because it was the only look Nina liked and maybe no one wants anything to do with something that Nina would like

Andy now has 3 looks that are sold out ...while the Wretchen has only ONE item that is sold out....awesome job MONDO...I think that 99.9% of people on the net are 100% behind you and love you and love your great creations..sooooooooo goooooooooo Mondo and show them all that they made a HUGE mistake..in the long run I know you will far surpass Wretchen..the public is already proving that

as for the granny pannies being back in style..they can kiss my backside..they are just plain fugly..and I don't think its right that one girl was given HE** for making them in one show..but Gretchen makes them and they love them...I SMELL A RAT...
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 10-29-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Vogue, In Style, Marie Claire, blah, blah, blah. I don't have a friend alive that will wear her granny panties. I am sure there are models that will look as fabulous as they can in those thing, but I am dying for sombody in my small world to walk into a party in those things. Not gonna happen...... Or, for that matter, Andy's little hat starry thingies. What world were these designed for. I guess America's buying public will have the last word, but I never wore Birkenstocks and have no desire to wear Gretchen's ugly "green" line. I may not have a million dollars to buy "high fashion", but if I did, any of Gretchen's diapers woud not be how I would spend my fashion money. So, Marie Claire, I will miss your fabulous fashion spread of Gretchen's product and spend my money on Popular Mechanics or anything else...

+ Reply to Thread