+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

I feel like the judges were in love with the styling..which they mentioned several times..about how easy and sexy Gretchens look was..and by look I think they meant hair and make-up..but let's face it, you take that big bouncy hair and aviator glass with a tan and a jeans and t-shirt and the model will still look hot.

I was shocked SHOCKED! that Mondo was runner-up. I don't think he'll have any problems in the industry if I had to look for the silver lining

Thanks for the replies re what Tim Gunn said in his blog, I think he was right the first time. I can understand why he'd take it down, though.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the finale.

FORT Fogey

It's funny that some considered Mondo's collection as "high fashion" compared to Gretchen's. Gretchen's collection was more sophisticated because she's savvy and she intuited what is going on (it doesn't hurt to read Vogue). While it was criticised harshly for it's simplicity, there's composure in it's nuances. And styling is key to "high fashion" because you could have the IT look but if styled wrong, well...

Mondo, IMO, will hopefully go on to great success in his career. Andy and Michael C. will succeed as well, I hope. Gretchen, hopefully, will fade off into obscurity with her heinous clothes. She probably was anointed because that's the PC-thing with going green. Problem is, Leann was for sustainable fabrics and such too, but she at least made pretty/nice clothes! I still think Korto should've won that season, but I did like Leann too.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4093745;
    It's funny that some considered Mondo's collection as "high fashion" compared to Gretchen's. Gretchen's collection was more sophisticated because she's savvy and she intuited what is going on (it doesn't hurt to read Vogue). While it was criticised harshly for it's simplicity, there's composure in it's nuances. And styling is key to "high fashion" because you could have the IT look but if styled wrong, well...
    Ah, but does that really make her "savvy" or does that make her someone who rips off current "trends" to get ahead and will find herself utterly lost when she has to think for herself? I'm going with the latter. As for styling, it never played such a heavy factor before in judging, and they had to straight up tell her what to do to make her clothes not look cheap (and that still didn't work, if you ask me). Whole thing is just bizarre, IMO.

I'm still ticked off with the ending last night. So so disappointed.

I was pleasantly surprised with Andy's collection, in my youth I would have worn a lot of his stuff. I was surprised that he went more tame on the outfits because he was so out there during the challenges. I loved Mondo's collection, I would probably not wear much of it, but I did enjoy how he put pices together. Gretchen's stuff was definitely nothing I would wear.

I was surprised at the amount of time they showed with deliberation, and was quite surprised that Heidi didn't get her way in the end. Isn't this her show?Someone above said that only Nina, Michael and Heidi's "scores" counted, so that is probably why she (and Jessica) didn't win the battle. Actually Mondo's little black dress looked quite interesting and I would have loved to have seen it on a model.

I'm definitely not a happy camper about this outcome!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4093755;
    Ah, but does that really make her "savvy" or does that make her someone who rips off current "trends" to get ahead and will find herself utterly lost when she has to think for herself?
    Her collection was on trend (intuitively or not) but it was still her. Mondo's collection could have benefited from a stylist (it needed refinement). It came out too junior and kitschy.

I couldn't stand Gretchen, but I would wear several of her clothes from last night; however, when did a fashion collection start featuring clothes that a 57 year old woman would wear? Seriously, Mondo should have won.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;4093793;
    I couldn't stand Gretchen, but I would wear several of her clothes from last night; however, when did a fashion collection start featuring clothes that a 57 year old woman would wear? Seriously, Mondo should have won.
    Another great post. This thread has brought out so many fabulous words of wisdom.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;4093793;
    New York Fashion Week - sponsored by AARP!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I knew it would be down to Gretchen and Mondo and would've been happy that either would win, congrats to Gretchen and I'm sure Mondo will do well too!

+ Reply to Thread