+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

old cow

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Well color me SHOCKED!

I had Mondo pegged as the winner. Ummm I really don't have any words right now, Mondo AND Andy's collection was far superior to hers but thats just my opinon. Just goes to show what we (the general public) know about "fashion".

BTW--Boo to Lifetime for that crappy reunion! It lasted all of 20 mins and nothing happened! It just showed clips from the top 3 designers and Peach bragging that she's the offical fruitfly now.

I really liked Gretchens clothing & would wear most of it.

I did like some of Andy's but I do agree it is too juniors.

Mondo had some great pieces but what I think hurt him in the end was that he didn't listen to the judges while Gretchen did. I loved his polka-dot dress & would wear it if it were much shorter. With the exception of Heidi, the judges hated that dress so she should have made a change to it or taken it out of the show. The same goes for the teal top. They all hated it the week before. That one pair of pants you would have to be 6'2" & a size 0 to wear them. He was also told the week before to not use the headpieces but he did. He didn't listen to the judges last week & that is the reason I think he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4093539;
    Well color me SHOCKED!

I had Mondo pegged as the winner.
    Well color me too! I thought Mondo was hands down the winner! Put me on the "I love the polka dot dress list"...I think his collection was better and he produces a "fashion show"..his pieces are unique and versatile. You could wear one piece and be "in"...

I don't get the Gretchen love..

This explains the turn around in Gretchen's edit after Fashion week, but it was too little to late to endear her to the majority of the public.

I guess they figured Mondo's collection was too close to Seth Aaron's, so we get the Granola Grannie look from Gretchen. I love the idea of green clothing, but her color pallette was awful. I call it the baby diaharrea collection, because the colors....well, you know.

I absolutely loved Andy's collection, there were several pieces that were gorgeous. Mondo's looks was defo to a younger demographic, but he was clearly the winner in my eyes and in the eyes of many other fans as well.

Hopefully both Andy and Mondo will have major success due to their appearance on the show, and I also wish well to Michael C. They are my fave 3 to come out of this season.

Oh, and I'd also like to know what was in the Vlog that Tim Gunn took down, if it can't be posted here just PM me. Thanks.

I will not give up on the show, because my love for Tim Gunn will not allow that. However, should he leave the show I'm totally done.

Now, On to The Fashion Show on Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4093638;

Oh, and I'd also like to know what was in the Vlog that Tim Gunn took down, if it can't be posted here just PM me. Thanks.

Now, On to The Fashion Show on Bravo!
    I asked that question on Tim Gunn's website and was told that he appartently got all hot and bothered with the producers and let them have it with both barrels but in retrospect he realized he had hurt someones feelings and he made the choice to remove it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4093547;
    Mondo had some great pieces but what I think hurt him in the end was that he didn't listen to the judges while Gretchen did. I loved his polka-dot dress & would wear it if it were much shorter. With the exception of Heidi, the judges hated that dress so she should have made a change to it or taken it out of the show. The same goes for the teal top. They all hated it the week before. That one pair of pants you would have to be 6'2" & a size 0 to wear them. He was also told the week before to not use the headpieces but he did. He didn't listen to the judges last week & that is the reason I think he lost.
    Thing is - all three showed their looks from last week, so I believe it was a requirement for the show for some reason. All three were not their strongest outfits, and the judges made that clear.

As far as pants and configurations for the model, to be fair, he is designing for that model to wear specifically. If he were to say get an order for them to be made, they'd be made to fit whomever he was making them for.

I don't think the headpieces were an issue here - if it were Gretchen would've been nailed for not truly gussying up her model's to look more sophisticated. They still looked like they were tired in their makeup and only a couple had the heel shoes (and even then most were wedges).

The dress? - possibly, but to be fair Gretchen had a couple of outfits that they hated in there, and the dress from last week was one they also truly didn't like (another reason I think the trio were required to show that look).

Point is - Gretchen too didn't totally listen to the judges as Mondo didn't. I do think he did well enough to stand by his reasoning to keep the dress in the show - as he said too in the PI, this could be his only show, so make a mark.

I really think the judges, given Gretchen's poor showing in the last three challenges - and even mentioning to the judges she HATED doing the challenges - which also reflected her work (and if I were judging would've said "if you're not interested in competing, I'll keep a mediocre but passionate designer over you"), but getting a bye there, shows there's more to this win than her supposedly having the best collection.

I don't think I can posts links here, but on BuddyTV's site they do the best and the worst:

Gretchen had three of the worst designs in their opinion, and Mondo swept the top three spots. Andy also had a couple in the top 10 designs, and neither I believe were in the worst designs. Gretchen had none in the top, even that little black dress that was one of her better designs.

I know that the site like ours is open for interpretation, but the responses I'm reading seem to reflect the same sentiment - as do other sites in regard to Gretchen's winning.

FORT Fanatic

I only watched the full 90-minute show the first time and then just watched bits and pieces from then on. 90 minutes is too much for me. I'm interested - but only up to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4093300;
    can someone give me info and details on the video that was pulled from Tim Gunn's facebook ...if you can't post it in open forum please please PM me with details...I am really interested in what he had to say...THANKS

All I remember is he called Nina, Heidi and Michael "crack smoking judges" and after last night I know he was telling the truth....

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

After laying into April not once, but twice for her granny panty and diaper, how in the ever-loving could they give the whole thing to Gretchen with her set of three granny pants. Come on Nina, you love them so much lets see you wear that to some fancy shindig.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread