+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out exactly who is the "down to earth woman" who will be willing to buy the tops and/or jackets with nothing but (really, really ugly) underwear as a bottom. I mean... Seriously?

Crack smoking judging indeed, Tim!

jadewarlock, I don't care for Sears either, but I still think you can find clothes that look better than hers if you look hard enough there. My comment about her 3 looks last week was "K-Mart Blue Light Special" (aka basically K-Mart clearance wrack), and that sounds about right... I avoided the pics of the lines, so I was seeing all the collections for the first time tonight. Gretchen's was just gobsmackingly bad.

Maybe Nina gets the tie-breaking vote, since her mag features the photo spread?

As others said: Amazing that they bashed and eliminated Michael C. for having too much of the same color, and gee golly gee, that's exactly what Gretchen did (and won for). Funny, that.

can someone PM me the link to where Tim Gunn posts his blog...I have a few comments I would like to make that maybe he will pass on to Nina and Michael....THIS WAS RIGGED...no way have her clothes been better than Mondo's...Mondo's shirt that was a skull I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the money and I am 43 years old
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I was so happy when Seth Aaron won last year. In the back of my mind, I admit I was a bit nervous when SA said he liked Mondo and Andy because they thought outside of the box (like him, although he didn't say that).

I need take another look at Gretchen's collection. I have my glass of wine now, so I'm ready.

Kao

Lifetime has their wires crossed. This is a reality show, not a movie-of-the-week called "Girl Who Is Down on Her Luck Takes the Grand Prize."

This was my first season of PR and it's going to be my last. Gretchen, seriously?? Those clothes were ugly! Mondo's line is what I thought fashion was., not the throw together Goodwill clothing that Gretchen designed. The minute they announced her as the winner, I turned it off and deleted it from my DVR. Wow, what a disappointment. I do see a bright future for Mondo, I don't think Gretchen will go anywhere. Kinda like when Taylor Hicks won AI.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4093244;
    jadewarlock, I don't care for Sears either, but I still think you can find clothes that look better than hers if you look hard enough there. My comment about her 3 looks last week was "K-Mart Blue Light Special" (aka basically K-Mart clearance wrack), and that sounds about right... I avoided the pics of the lines, so I was seeing all the collections for the first time tonight. Gretchen's was just gobsmackingly bad.
    To be fair... our Sears store hasn't changed except for where they used to have the Candy shop where you could buy Swedish Fish for $1.99 a pound from an old-tyme candy store person. Even there - the color scheme is the same, white, and the layout was the same my eyes went DIRECTLY to the spot where the stand was.

The clothing at mine really does look like they had stock from literally the '80s and such. I'll need to look at a newer store to see your point here.

BTW, notice too that Gretchen did NOT adhere to the suggestion that Nina, et. al. mentioned in regard to styling and shoes? Maybe two she put heels on and the hair is still that same form and fashion.

Yet, Mondo shows the same black dress with the dots and has the headbands (i.e. repeats they suggested not doing, but he did and I think stood behind better), and he's runner-up?

I didn't know the models switched and dropped out like they did, but if they really did have a high turnover that will speak volumes.

If another show that's currently on turns out like I think it may, we need to start a petition making the FCC impose the same rules they do on "Jeopardy!" and other regular shows where contestants change nearly daily. Because I'm getting very tired of fixes like this.

Gretchen probably does have promise - she does in jewelry IMHO. However, she clearly should not have won this season.

Mila did better work than her and she was third last season.

Korto was second both her seasons and did better work than at least one of the winners (the all-star challenge winner) and Gretchen.

I cannot see why Gretchen won this year, and I do think Tim should keep the Vlog up this time so we know the truth as to why she won. There is no logical explanation - from the rules we know - that she should've won this case.

Tim has so much credibility and constructive criticism that he should consider walking from this show and using his talents in another show or making up one of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4093247;
    can someone PM me the link to where Tim Gunn posts his blog...I have a few comments I would like to make that maybe he will pass on to Nina and Michael....THIS WAS RIGGED...no way have her clothes been better than Mondo's...Mondo's shirt that was a skull I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the money and I am 43 years old
    Tim posts his vlogs on his FB page, BF. Just google Tim Gunn Facebook. I think he took some of the vlogs down but you can leave him a comment there if you're on FB. Are you on FB?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4093248;
    I was so happy when Seth Aaron won last year. In the back of my mind, I admit I was a bit nervous when SA said he liked Mondo and Andy because they thought outside of the box (like him, although he didn't say that).

I need take another look at Gretchen's collection. I have my glass of wine now, so I'm ready.
    I saw a fashion editor earlier today say online that she thought Mondo might not win because his work was too similar to Seth Aaron's, Allie. I feel like I need several stiff drinks to come to terms with this.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-28-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

to the bolded...and I am 2 years older than you! Hey if you get a PM to that link, would you PM me too? Thanks in advance!

I don't generally like bold clothes for myself, despite being in my late 20s, but I liked so many of his clothes too. Really, really disappointing.

I LOVED the cross t-shirt and wish I could buy that myself. The DDLM shirt was nicely done, but I have a thing against skulls (they creep me out, haha!).

And on a side note: What was Kors' problem that he felt he needed to be so nasty to Jessica Simpson? That was pathetic and uncalled for, all because he wasn't getting his precious way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4093255;
    I don't generally like bold clothes for myself, despite being in my late 20s, but I liked so many of his clothes too. Really, really disappointing.

I LOVED the cross t-shirt and wish I could buy that myself. The DDLM shirt was nicely done, but I have a thing against skulls (they creep me out, haha!).

And on a side note: What was Kors' problem that he felt he needed to be so nasty to Jessica Simpson? That was pathetic and uncalled for, all because he wasn't getting his precious way.

It was particularly odd that he chose to snap at Jessica Simpson, who was wearing one of his designs. Granted, I don't think it suited her, but does he want to lose a customer?

+ Reply to Thread