+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/28 show discussion **SPOILERS**

I got it. Self sabotage. Someone wants out of the contract. Heidi wants out?

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4093226;
    It must be the economy. Bargain bin...below retail. Prepare the masses now...

Flea market Fashion is the new & upcoming fashion! The economy is in the rutt and so Gretchen's Tacklebox collection will appeal to women all over the world.

And of course if it is about off the rack and retail wear now for this show, they ignore the simple fact that you can find better looking clothes than her mess of a line in stores like JCPenney's, Sears, and heck, even Target!

Total, utter joke. I guess acting nasty and better than everyone else = the qualifications to win this show now. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4093232;
    And of course if it is about off the rack and retail wear now for this show, they ignore the simple fact that you can find better looking clothes than her mess of a line in stores like JCPenney's, Sears, and heck, even Target!

Total, utter joke. I guess acting nasty and better than everyone else = the qualifications to win this show now. Good to know!
    Not quite - Ivy was uglier and she was eliminated further back.

But I do have to agree on the retail stores comment you mentioned - there is a valid point, and that's sad. A lot of the clothing in those stores (at least JCP and Target) is a bit lovelier than Gretchen's.

She is better than Sears' though - there are pieces that I've felt were remnants that didn't sell from the retro era they're supposed to reflect.

I surely wish we had that Models show to hear what really was going on. Maybe that's why many models bailed...they heard through the grapevine that the fix was in.

Kao

OMG, IT'S ACTUALLY TRUE!?

I was on another site when I saw that Gretchen won and I thought I was being trolled! How on earth can Lifetime justify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4093236;
    OMG, IT'S ACTUALLY TRUE!?

I was on another site when I saw that Gretchen won and I thought I was being trolled! How on earth can Lifetime justify this?
    It's true, Kao. Mondo was robbed and they gave it to Gretchen. It's like a waking nightmare.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Sigh. And I bet we won't get an honest Tim Gunn opinion. We stopped getting those after he took down that last Vlog.

Kao

But...but...why?

Mondo's clothes weren't to my taste, but they were just so much FUN, and marvelously made. Even the models seemed like they enjoyed wearing them. Being fair, I liked a lot of Gretchen's clothes in the beginning, but for the past 6 weeks it was obvious that she was dialing it in. And with the exception of the cute dress that she showed first, the rest of the clothes were Depressive Repugnant.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4093230;
    The shock is starting to wear off a little, now, and the deep sadness is really starting to sink in. Poor, sweet, incredibly talented Mondo! He has more talent as a designer in his little finger than Gretchen will ever have. My heart aches for him!!
    Me too!

I DVRd and now I don't even need to bother watching. Not sure if I will turn in next season or not either. Ever since it moved to another network it's gone downhill. Good designers leave and bad ones stay. Horrible ending as Mondo and Andy both should have won over Wretchen. If she had put out great work I could deal with it but it was drab, predictable, and just flat out unattractive. Now I wish I hadn't even watched the season as the outcome was so grossly unfair.

+ Reply to Thread