+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Personally I think Micheal C. deserved to be booted. He bugs! I don't know what about him bugs me but he just seems a little bit fake and he's always so meek and like apologetic in front of the judges. Grow some back bone! Also, several times he admitted on they show that he hated someone's outfit or whatever but would then praise it to their face. I get that people hated him, but usually if several people don't like someone they might have a good reason (that maybe the cameras aren't showing? I thought his collection was fine, but once again it was just all drapey clothes. Maybe they decided to let him go because they agreed that the taste level was lacking or that he really didn't sew as well as the others. While I liked his stuff better than Gretchens it was all kind of the same, not just the same color. I pretty much agreed with what the judes said about it. I was embarrassed for him when he was crying that hard and couldn't even say goodbye to Heidi. It's obvious to me that Andy, Gretchen and Mondo all have superior sewing/tailoring skills to Micheal C. And I feel like just that should get them farther than him. I mean his draping got him that far and he should be proud of it. Having said that I hate Gretchen and her clothes/ final line. She gets on my last nerve. And that African, 80s looking garbage she put out was horrendous. I felt like her models belonged on that show Coming to America with Eddie Murphy. She is always wanting her models to "look like her" and "be off the street" but that's obviously not what the judges want to see. They want high fashion, showmanship like they said. I don't know why they picked her other than maybe ya she's a girl and she had good accessorizing early on/is a skilled seamstress? The judges must be aware of stuff that goes on back stage and I guarantee producers have a say. All these reality shows aren't that real. They have to create drama or no one would watch. so...I LOVE MONDO! I did not like his stuff at first, but he is just so good at what he does and his clothes are fun and different and very runway I think. So I'll be rooting for him. But who really cares, it seems the people who don't win you often hear more of then those who do...(Santino/Austin?). Apparently they all get pretty good jobs/publicity after this.
    R MARGS

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4089314;
    Various random thoughts:

Somebody mentioned this upthread, but I, too, wondered if the designers were told that they could show at FW even if they were eliminated. I guess not, since Michael responded so badly. Maybe the producers wanted the drama of having the designers genuinely think they had blown their chance if they were aufed. That seems a little cruel, though. A couple of people have mentioned that they saw pics of Michael's FW collection and that it looked lovely. I'm so glad. As somebody else said, what matters is what all the bigwigs at FW think, not the judges. I hope somebody at FW gave him some recognition.
    If he watched the show last year and knew the timing of FW, he would have known that, I think. I saw it as more not being in the top 3 and having a chance of wining.

IMO Michael's collection clearly surpassed Gretchen's. His collection was so feminine and and new. I can hear J. Peterman reading comments about her collection - it belongs in that catalog NOT on the runway in "Mercedes Benz Fashion Week".

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4090294;
    Project Runway Season 8: Conference Call with Michael Costello

After an intense six weeks of creating an entire collection, the designers came back to Project Runway to find out which three would make it through to the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. A final twist was given when the designers were told they must create a new look in two days to present with two finished looks from their collection. Because of the "showgirl" style of his eveningwear and inability to show any variety in color palate, Michael C. was sent home. Today, he spoke with RealityWanted and reporters in a conference call about his time on the show and his emotional depart.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: You had me choked up when you left the show last night talking about your family. Can you talk about what it was like coming home to them and what your relationship with your mom is like now?

A. Michael Costello: I have a good relationship with my mom. It came across like they don't give me a lot of support. They do give me support but it comes with restrictions. They want me to be a better person and they want me to be straight. There were times where they were sick of helping me out and asked me to give everything up, but they have always been there for me. I was sad that a few things came off weird on the show. I talked to my brother and sister last night and they were extremely upset about the comments that my partner made. My mom hasn't called me to talk about it yet.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: Throughout the show, the judges generally loved your designs while you got a lot of backtalk from your fellow contestants. Why do you think there was such a difference in opinion?

A. Michael Costello: I don't know. I guess it's because they have their own techniques and processes. Andy told me a few weeks ago that he gets and understands me that I have my own process of doing things. The judges saw that I am good at my own craft and draping things. I think the others didn't like that they went to school for this and I was natural at it. I would still love to go to Fashion school, but you should just appreciate people for their own process of doing things. I love to learn new techniques and grow.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: In what aspect of your life, either professionally or personally, do you think Project Runway has helped you grow the most?

A. Michael Costello: It definitely pushed me to push my limits and made me understand I am able to accomplish things better technically. Being on the show with the intense pressure, you have to try and push yourself to do the best you can.

Q. Could you walk us through your depart at the end of the competition?

A. Michael Costello: I didn't want to look at the judges because I really felt like they screwed up. I was so hurt and blown away because I put so much time and effort into that collection. As soon as I got off the airplane I bought a sewing machine and feathers and got right to work. The reason I was so disappointed was the day before all that happened, I was talking to my mom in case I made it to Fashion Week and she didn't want to go because my boyfriend was going to go. I was just dead inside because I knew she would never see the collection and I lost it.

Q. When you saw the other three collections, how confident were you?

A. Michael Costello: I thought my collection was pretty strong and the judges did say positive things about it and that the talent and craftsmanship was in there. They said my confidence level didn't come across too strong, but when you're up there...you're terrified. What they didn't show was that I had a panic attack right before they talked about my collection and the producers had to take my backstage to see if I was okay. I was just really stressed out. I was really blown away by Mondo and Andy's collection, but wasn't that impressed with Gretchen's collection. But at Fashion Week, they all did a great job.

Q. When we interviewed Ivy a few weeks ago, she said you two were friends now. Is that true?

A. Michael Costello: I have nothing but nice things to say about her. She and I ran into each other in New York, got coffee, started talking, and she was woman enough to apologize about everything. We fixed our relationship and after that we were talking about fashion and our collections and I like her a lot.

Q. I read you and April don't get along too well. Can you talk about that?

A. Michael Costello: I saw her at Fashion Week and I didn't know we weren't cool. I sent her a Facebook message about how shocked I was she was saying things about me. I really didn't know who was talking about me, but the thing is, I didn't know why she didn't like me so much when I would always pay her so many compliments. When she answered me, she said "you're cool in my book now, but then I didn't like you." Then she was talking about me later in an interview, and I just think she needs to let it go.

Q. It seems like you got singled out a lot of times about people believing you didn't deserve to be there. What was that like?

A. Michael Costello: I was singled out, but to tell you the truth, Gretchen was the most supportive person. When we were final four, she was very supportive and telling me to keep my head up. In the workroom, she would come up to me at lunch and tell me lots of positive things. Mondo was really there for me throughout the entire thing too. It got better when we got to the final four. Before that, no one was really supportive. There's nothing I can do about that, but they claim they like me now.

Don't miss the final episode of Project Runway, airing next Thursday at 9/8c on Lifetime.

Project Runway Season 8: Conference Call with Michael Costello : RealityWanted.com: Reality TV, Game Show, Talk Show, News - All Things Unscripted Social Network Casting Community

Brought this over from Michael's thread. I think it gives some behind the scenes on what went on since the show and what happened on the runway. Plus, info on Michael's family situation.

Side bar I am pretty sure the finale is 2 hours long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4090304;
    Side bar I am pretty sure the finale is 2 hours long.
    Thats why there's no Austin/Santino this week. Thanks for posting this.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4089305;
    Yes, that is true; however, my explanation is to why she wouldn't be on the show regardless - you have to have parental consent and it's obvious that didn't happen here.
    Actually, my response was that when they asked why she wasn't on the show, I didn't think about the legalities of it -- just explaining that Michael has no communication whatsoever with the daughter (waivers immaterial), so probably didn't even enter the equasion.

Oh well, I knew what I meant.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4089253;
    Mondo's collection is a mish-mash, but to be fair, it feels that way due to the fact he mixes his prints. There is a cohesion IMHO between his three pieces, even if he did choose the wrong color for the top on his challenge piece.
    Odd, but I think I'm the only one who loved the color of the top -- great juxtaposition with the prints.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4089312;
    Either it wasn't as bad as the show showed or Michael C is a very forgiving person. He had an interview transcript on Blogging Project Runway. He said one thing they didn't show was a fake make-out session between them (Gretchen and himself). He also ended the interview with this: "I love the show, and Id like everyone to know that Gretchen is not a b$%^h."

I still don't think that she should have been in the top 3 because of her designs, but she is not the worse designer I have seen. I just don't like her style. And I thought the pictures of what she showed DID look a bit cheap. Still, Michael C seems OK about things now.
    I'm glad he seems to be a very forgiving person, though from what I've read he's not entirely certain about April's comments about being cool and the like. I can see his point there, but for Ivy to apologize like she did shows that people can change and the two are quite friendly toward each other now.

Like you, I'm not fond of Gretchen's runway presentation. It's stuff I feel that even I can make - and I'm a seamstress type, not a designer (at least of clothing - I can design jewelry). I found others that just squeaked by in getting to show has much better showings, and that says something. So, I still maintain that if she wins, I will be disappointed because of the final three I think she has the weakest show.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4090682;
    Actually, my response was that when they asked why she wasn't on the show, I didn't think about the legalities of it -- just explaining that Michael has no communication whatsoever with the daughter (waivers immaterial), so probably didn't even enter the equasion.

Oh well, I knew what I meant.
    I for the most part understand what you mean - but knowing how much these producers have wanted to have drama this season, I've wondered if it was in the equation, but thankfully for his daughter's sake not.

+ Reply to Thread