+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Normally, I am the last person on earth to believe in a conspiracy theory. Honestly, though, I do wonder about this show. I don't think Gretchen was necessarily pegged from the beginning, but I sure think that she was pegged to go to FW after the last challenge, at the very least. What other reason could there be for her being there?

She hasn't had great designs, especially this week...even if the judges didn't know about her backstage personality, she sure showed them enough on the runway to make them question her attitude ("I'm tired of doing these challenges, I don't like being forced to do things outside of my comfort zone." Er, then why did you try out for a REALITY show? ). Just call it feminine instinct, but I knew after last week that they weren't going to pick Michael. That was only confirmed when I heard Nina suddenly spouting Christian's line about how Michael really wasn't talented, after all, it was just an accident he made that lovely dress. That sure sounded like a politician revving up the excuses.

The only reasons I can think why they kept her are the obvious, that she was the token female and that since she's a "villain" she drives up the ratings by keeping her round. That's disgusting. As I said way back in the beginning of this season, I don't know if it's the producers or Lifetime or both, but one of my favorite shows has been cheapened into a common reality show, and I'm not going to stick around if they're going to keep it that way.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I hope Mondo wins!

But the previews....is it me, or did they sort of give away that Andy wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4089321;
    I hope Mondo wins!

But the previews....is it me, or did they sort of give away that Andy wins?
    Looking at pictures of his FW collection, I would be SHOCKED. I was sure he wasn't final 3 because of it. If he is the winner, and if the collection doesn't look 100 percent better moving .. then I'm with Tim. What are the judges smoking this season.

Can anyone post links to photos of the collections from fashion week?
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;4089367;
    Can anyone post links to photos of the collections from fashion week?
    Try this...

Mondo Guerra + Project Runway Finalists at New York Fashion Week - Spring 2011 | The Fashion Cult

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4089100;
    Me too! Mondo is the one who has been doing great work the entire season...As for the Ducks, they sure did win big! I just got home from the game!
    Mondo has been consistantly innovative and done really good work. I would think t he winner of the 3 is a no-brainer (but then again I thought it was common decencey to be nice to those around you, but we saw what happened there).....
    Speaking of no-brainers.... I love my Ducks! (The U of O is about a mile and a half down the street from me, Autzen stadium is about 3 1/2 miles in another direction), we are all thrilled about how the game went!!!
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

I have to agree with Tim this season - what are the judges thinking? Gretchen's designs looked like something from a high school home-ec class or the clearance rack. How could they make the comments they did about how cheap the garments looked and still send them down the aisle at MBFW? It befuddles me.

Michael's 13th look was beautiful and his pant suit was outstanding - even Heidi liked them - why is he not showing? I agree the featherly dress was not a good choice for the model wearing it - but on a "decent" model it could have been great.

I feel Mondo will win and should but the closest final in PR history? Please....

I am seriously thinking of giving this mess up - the judges seem to have their own agenda and the show is more about drama and ratings then it is about the clothes.

Frankly, I think all four of them failed, and it doesn't make me excited to see what the F3 have in store (I've seen Michael's collection, and I wasn't all that impressed).

I wouldn't say that there was any funny business with Michael's elimination. Trust me, there have been more suspicious eliminations than his (Jerell, Gordana, etc). But if you notice, a fan favorite is usually eliminated before FW. I don't agree with the general opinion of Michael, but I won't deny that the guy is popular. It's probably just a coincidence, but it's a funny coincidence.

This season started off so well but ended up flat. I still have a positive opinion of this season--it has been better than the other two Lifetime seasons. Entertainment-wise, this season has delivered like the other two haven't. But design-wise, it seems that the designers brought their A-game at the very beginning but then slowly deflated with each challenge.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

The whole thing saddens me to be honest. PR is one of my all time favorite shows, but IMO it has had a different feel ever since it went to Lifetime, and with each passing year is gets further and further away from what it was. Still the same premise and everything, but more individual celebrities as opposed to brand challenges, more drama as opposed to talent. I know there were certain dramas in the earlier seasons, but it doesn't seem the same. Is Lifetime trying to build revenue back after paying a pretty penny to aquire PR for their network? I don't know.

I am not an evil person and do have a ton of compassion for people in bad situations. Even though Gretchen is not someone I could see myself being friends with I do feel badly that she came home to a shattered life, but I am curious and have to wonder about the following....
    1) I find it hard to believe that when she left home for the show things were hunky-dory. People dont go from happy to moving out before the partner gets back if everything is fine.
    2) When given the oppertunity to call someone from home and have family visit Gretchen's person was her mother, not her partner. Yes people are close to their mothers and often turn to them for support, but to not reach out to the person she chose to share her life with at all? (Or they didn't show it to us, but I would think they would at least mention it given all the other relationships explored with the other designers seems odd to me.
    3) could her behavior on the show somehow have embarrassed her partner, which lead to decision to finally leave?
    4) Near the middle of the competition G seemed to be more emotional about internal issues, which left her lost, unmotivated, and took a big toll on her designs, as they got worse and worse as time progressed.
    I guess what I am getting at is that I don't believe her "world crumbling around her" came as a surprise to her, and maybe she allowed people to percieve her as an unwitting "victim" in order to perhaps garner a bit of sympathy to counter-act some of her bad behavior. Not that she put it all out there to everyone (which she kinda did during Tim's visit), but maybe not clarifying things and allowing others to draw conclusions and not correcting some possible falisies. If polls are calling her top 5 hated reality tv personalities this could be some well timed damage control.... I'm just exploring some potential motivations and/or possibilities..... could be plausible.... right?
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911;4089433;
    1) I find it hard to believe that when she left home for the show things were hunky-dory. People dont go from happy to moving out before the partner gets back if everything is fine.
    When I read this post - I remembered something that happened in the challenge where the winner received a "boatload of cash".

Mondo ended up winning he challenge but I could swear I remember Gretchen (in one of the hundreds of blog spots she made) say something about being totally broke and at rock bottom. She mentioned this to emphasize how much she needed to win -

Personally - I believe she knew what to expect going home.

+ Reply to Thread