+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I know I'm in the minority (am I?) but of the 3 collections, I liked Gretchen's the best. I was underwhelmed by her collection when I initially saw it but I see a point of view and in comparison with the other 2 finalists, it is a better collection. And I thought Michael C.'s collection was better than Andy's.

And just because Gretchen has been critical about Michael C.'s work, it doesn't mean that she can't feel genuine concern for Michael.

And I thought Mondo's collection was too mish-mashy (like Kenley's) and that's the only thing that's tying it into a collection.
    Last edited by watts; 10-22-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree that part of the reason Wretched Gretchen was chosen was to avoid an all-male finish.
    The fact that she creates tension and drama wherever she goes is a plus. It could also be that having chosen WG and Andy as the other two, they have already given the nod to Mondo. He's the clear winner here.

Michael - my favorite from the beginning - was heart-broken. That long, slow walk off the runway must have felt endless. Hard as it was to see him sobbing, I'm glad he didn't put on a brave face. Hoping he has come to terms with the judges awful, pitiful excuse of a 'decision'.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I figured Mondo would be in the final. I agree about Gretchen being there so it's not an all male competition. I liked Michaels designs better than Andys and I felt so bad for him when he didn't get picked. He was so devastated! I was wishing Heidi would have said 'OK, we are having four of you for the big finale'. But that didn't happen. I look forward to next week's show and reunion and hope Michael is OK.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I'm hoping for an update on Michael too. I liked his designs.
    Even though he didn't know the names of the fabric, he knew what feel the fabric should have, to make his designs work.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Saw an article on msnbc.com this week that listed Gretchen as one of the 5 most hated people on reality tv.

It looked to me like she took the most of the $9,000 for materials and used it as a security deposit and rent on a new apartment, then went to the dollar table at Wal-Mart and bought her fabrics for fashion week.

Best of luck to Michael C in his future endeavors.

I liked Gretchen's pieces. The decision between Micheal and Andy seemed to be based on what the judges imagined the rest of the collection to look like rather than what was on stage. The bikini with the odd proportions should have dismissed Andy - it was far more horrendous than anything Micheal showed.

On the other hand, Michael claiming that the family would make him move back in and get married to someone was a little over the top. How old is he that he has no free choice? Are his parents are bankrolling him? If so, they are obviously supporting his dream. If his shop is not making enough money to support him then he does have choices besides moving back in with his parents. I do think he was truly heartbroken, but his prediction of his future was drama queen material.

Wow, last night was quite interesting. Were to start. First off I had to totally agree with Nina Garcia. These designers should not have held back on presenting some of their collection. It might have help saved Michael C.

Okay Gretchen's clothes looked like something you'd wear to do laundry in. I didn't see high fashion at all, on Kohls department store look. Didn't like any of it.

Andy's designs were a hot mess. Too short and looked very rushed. None of it made sense. Maybe that's what they wear in Hawaii, but in New York, doubt it.

Mondo went a bit overboard but he did have the best collection. I loved the poka dot dress and the skirt. The guy knows how to work houndstooth print.

Michael C. Wow though his designs were well executed, I agree that he should have changed up the color. I love the long gown and the blouse. I thought he should have been in the final three over Gretchen and Andy. Man, I cried with him last night.

I'll say it again, the models this year stuck to high heaven. They didn't even try to give the garments a bit of humpf. It's like they were afraid to walk or better yet, didn't know how to do runway. Plus that one model Michel C had in the feather dress was to boxy shaped for that dress. Had she been taller and leaner, she could have rocked. I know last year's models would have.

Oh well, it's on to fashion week.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4089217;
    Saw an article on msnbc.com this week that listed Gretchen as one of the 5 most hated people on reality tv.

It looked to me like she took the most of the $9,000 for materials and used it as a security deposit and rent on a new apartment, then went to the dollar table at Wal-Mart and bought her fabrics for fashion week.

Best of luck to Michael C in his future endeavors.
    I guess that mean that Ivy was voted #1 I totally agree with you on Gretchen's pocketing most of the money because her garments didn't look like $9k worth of materials. Her "Wash Women" collection was hideous.

old cow

Well count me in as team Mondo. Lifetime might as well give him the winning check now.

I did want to comment on Michael's home visit. First did anyone find it odd that it was his partner that outed him? And what his partner (sorry i cant remember his name) said about his mom, wasnt that kind of rude? Now of course i dont know his family or anything but i found it very odd and rude for him to say that the only reason M.C.'s family was supporting him was b/c of the show and then to reveal that he was the one that brought M.C. out of the closet....isn't it up the individual to decide when they are comfortable to come out the closet? IDK, things just felt a little off.

Also why isn't M.C.'s daughter being shown? According to the Lifetime website he has a son AND daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4089233;
    Also why isn't M.C.'s daughter being shown? According to the Lifetime website he has a son AND daughter.
    This is the only one I can help you with. They have to sign waivers to be shown on TV, and in the case of a minor (as I'm assuming here is the case) it has to be BOTH parents.

There is a good chance that the mother half of the parenting chose to not approve it because she disagrees with Michael's lifestyle, didn't want her child to be exposed to the media, or another reason and therefore they couldn't show her.

(I sadly have to say too it could be HIS parents who pressured her into saying "no" to the airing to try and make him look ugly for some reason.)

+ Reply to Thread