+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4089049;
    Well, looks like I can avoid watching this one. GO Mondo! For the win.
    Amen. I'm so glad I watched the baseball instead.

I don't know where to begin. If they let Gretchen win, then I swear I will never watch PR again. The thought of her preening like a princess after her season-long attitude of "I'm clearly the best here/I deserve to win" just makes me sick. She may not have been cruel like Hivy but she made it abundantly clear that she was far superior to the others, especially Michael, and that's just disgusting. And of course, as everyone else has pointed out, her clothing hasn't been that decent, either.

I could tolerate Andy winning...barely. Clearly, though, Mondo has been the best this season and if he doesn't win than this show's judging is just a sham.

I just remembered....yeah, I bet Gretchen was oozing concern as Michael cried. Just like she was all concerned after she sat there and bad-mouthed him with April. Disgusting. Nikk is right. In her mind, she was probably jumping up and down with joy, because didn't she say flat out she deserved to be there but Michael didn't? I could say a lot more, but I'm too mad.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4089057;
    I thought he was straight as well. The best I could piece together from tonight was he must have been married to a female at a young age (possibly/probably the relationship his son came from?), got divorced, and somewhere along the way realized or admitted to himself he was gay. Michael's partner, he said tonight, outed him to Michael's own family 3 years ago, and it didn't sound like Michael was aware of him doing it beforehand. Yikes. That's all kinds of wrong, but I guess he moved past that.
    How many gay men came out of the closet after being heterosexually married for years? Either because they were in denial or because they felt too much pressure to conform.

Whole thing was very sad. Regardless of beliefs held for whatever reason, that's still your [general "your"] child! I don't and will never understand how a parent can disown and/or degrade and/or belittle their own child like that.
    I knew somebody once who had been cut off by his family just because he converted to a religion they didn't like. I, too, will never understand how a parent can claim they love their child and do something horrendous like that.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I totally disagree with the judges decision today. Several past finalists have shown all one color at FW and not been penalized for it. Maybe black is okay to have a collection in, but copper isn't??? Whatever!

But as upset as Micheal was, does he not know that the top 10 show at FW? I realize it isn't aired on PR, but isn't the more important thing that the uppity ups in the Fashion World see his stuff?

This makes it easy for who to root for. Mondo. 100 percent. Well, at least my Ducks are winning big!

Sorry to double post. I honestly think they picked No. 3 for drama only. Michael's edit made it so you wanted to root for him. G's so you would root against. (Not saying it is not true, but just for a story-telling perspective). Like last year, between Seth (YAY) and Emilio, think they will show G vs Mondo. Mondo, like SA before him, will win. If the TV gods are thinking straight, that is.

FORT Fogey

I like most (not all) of Gretchen's work. I really do like the bohemian/granola thing she has going, but the judges are absolutely right. Her looks were too pedestrian for a fashion show.

Heidi gave great advice to Gretchen tonight. And, I do think there is a niche for Gretchen's style. Tim was right on about her. She is a complete control freak - but most notably with herself. She seems cold and passionless - as if she is afraid to be human. She seems to be learning more about herself, but it's a slow journey.

Poor Michael. His reaction was so extreme that I can't help but believe his parents were and are horrid people. It explain alot about his personality during the show. He does seem sort of beaten down. I do agree with Heidi that Michael C. is a great draper and the whole "effortless shiek" is a good description of what he does. I also like alot of what he puts out. It's just not interesting enough for me - for this kind of a show.

I was worried for Andy. What he showed reminded me of Korto's work a few seasons ago.

I am a huge Mondo fan and hope he wins, but I am a little disappointed by his collection. I love what I saw, but the one thing I look forward to in Mondo's work is color. His final collection is nearly all black and white. It's nice but kind of a let down. The dress he did that won him a photo shoot is one of my all-time favorite outfits and I would have loved to see more of that.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I too think Gretchen was chosen solely because the producers didn't want an all-male finale.

I had seen photos of Gretchen's FW collection and thought her designs looked dull, but I like them even less seeing them moving down the runway.

It seems to me that Gretchen has been on a descending path - she had two early wins (and I don't think her designs were clearly the best those times) and had mostly really dowdy designs after that. Conversely, Michael started out slow, but got stronger.

I loved Mondo's long polka dot dress - I didn't get at all why the judges thought that design was maybe too wacky.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

What a crock of crapola!!! I had a feeling this was going to happen as soon as they said they would eliminate 1 person last week and let the 4 fight it out with last weeks winning designer (Michael) not having a guaranteed spot in final 3. I am really disgusted by wretchen and her superior attitude, hypocratic behavior, and non-stop flapping mouth! She talks the loudest and the longest as if having the last word about everything automatically makes her right. If her work was 1/2 as good as she thinks it is I wouldn't mind her showing in the finals, but I think she is the one of the worst designers this season. pfft..... Hope Mondo wins now, and wouldn't be mad if Andy won I guess, but if she wins I will be more ticked off than I already am. Michael got a raw deal from most of the other designers the whole season (even after proofing himself over and over), and now the judges have dumped on him too. What a shame...I expected more.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4089080;
    This makes it easy for who to root for. Mondo. 100 percent. Well, at least my Ducks are winning big!
    Me too! Mondo is the one who has been doing great work the entire season...As for the Ducks, they sure did win big! I just got home from the game!

All four of them have wrenching back-stories and it helped me see where each is coming from, or was at that point in their lives. Andy with the family farm and the immigrant parents, Mondo with surviving in a Catholic culture, Michael, also faced with that cultural bias and not surviving, or at least treading water. Then Gretchen goes home to an empty house (no partner) and an empty bank account. She has to leave her home in the middle of designing her collection. The drama was made evident for each one of them wanting to be recognized in the fashion world - either for self realization or money.

I preferred Michael's looks to Gretchen's, especially the last look. Why in the heck did Andy send the bikini down the runway? Mondo wants to go Day of the Dead Carnival - thus the black and white plays, but I, too, hope he keeps the circus aspect to a minimum.

Besides the cast reunion, the previews gave a short glimpse backstage and it looks like Andy is staying with the whippy head pieces. I wonder if Mondo removed his since he didn't get a good review on them from the judges. I wonder if Gretchen will have her granola girls wear high heels. I did look at the photos from FW awhile ago, but since I hadn't gotten to know the designers that well yet, the looks didn't make an impression. I'm not going to look again...I'll wait for next week.

P.S. quack! quack!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread