+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

old cow

Re: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

As much as I love Michael C. I was actually surprised he made it to the final 4 with his dress. It was pretty and nice but I wasn't seeing the wow factor that the judges said it was. But either way I'm glad he made it simply on the fact that he has been beaten down alot this season.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4084607;
    [snipped]

Too bad that it looks like they want a female in the final three (never mind that they have had an all three female finale) - because frankly, Gretchen really hasn't earned it IMHO with a lot of her designs because she doesn't want to grow and really hasn't taken risks.

The other three - good bad or weird results - have.
    I agree. I think Mondo, Andy, and Michael deserve to be the final three. IMO, Gretchen has declined over the course of the show.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Gretchen meant that all 3 had "second chance". I think she meant a "chance" to show in FW. The "2nd chance", in her statement, was meant for her but really meant a chance to be in the fianl 3 like the first 3 called. It happens, you say something with no malice, and in retrospect it sounds differently than how it was meant to be said.
    Anyway, I thought Michael C's dress was ugghh. How was he able to keep the back in place considering the dress was flowy? And the model's back view looked odd as if she was trying to protrude her rear to catch the back and prevent exposure. It might have looked better from the side than from the front. But I can't understand the judges (except for Christian) gushing over it.

Everyone is mentioning Michael C's dress and how it could have possibly won - I've been thinking about it all day - believe me when he said he chose the Statue of Liberty and was making a draped gown - I said out-load - "byb bye Michael"

When Tim came into the work room, the dress was hardly discussed because Michael C. had discarded it and was working some type of tiered monster. Thank Goodness Tim talked him out of that! His dress really never looked like much on the form - it just sat there. Next, he tried making some type of shrug but that didn't work either.

How did he win?

Honestly, I believe, first this was the type of garment that looks a 100 times better on then just hanging on a hanger. We (the audience) could never see it's shape hanging on the form.

Second, when the his model came in Michael fit this to her perfectly. It fit like a glove - no gaps, no puckers - perfect. This dress had to fit exactly right to pull of that slit and that back - it had to be perfect and it was.

Michael may not have known what fabric he was using but he sure knew how to work with it. I was so happy for him - now he just needs to be in the show at MBFW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4084373;
    Who would you pick as third. Andy?????
    Yes, I know PR wants a woman in the final but the three guys should be there.

I believe Apirl's "color" was a dark purple trim, which was so close to the black that I was not able to see it on screen. It took the judges this long to tell her she was a "one note"??

Yay for Michael C. and Mondo making the F4. I would love an all male F3, they've had an all female F3, so why not an all male one? That's my hope, anyway.

I've never liked Gretchen's clothing, so I'm not seeing what the judges see, I guess.

Initially I was really against an all male final three and wanted the women to win. I guess I was pissed by the male contestents attitude and the fact that many of them just were not as talented as the females. But if the criteria to going to Fashion Week is who designed the best 3 dresses in last nights competition, then I have to say that Mondo, Michael C and Andy are the ones that should go to Fashion Week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Gretchen is hard to love. I do hope she makes the final three, though, because I want to see her collection. I liked most of what she did. A diverse final 3 makes better viewing and Gretchen, Mondo and Andy/Michael will give us that. I can go either way with Andy and Michael.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4084664;
    [snipped]...How was he able to keep the back in place considering the dress was flowy? And the model's back view looked odd as if she was trying to protrude her rear to catch the back and prevent exposure. ..
    I thought the model's backside looked odd too -- I thought it was her anatomy, but maybe you're right that she was holding her body funny to keep the dress close to her body. I'll have to take another look

The dress wasn't flowy in back. The back panel could have been fitted tight as sort of an underslip with an extra panel over the front.

I chuckled when they showed all of April's designs on the screen together -- her only color was the hot pink peeking out from her diaper Resort Wear, LOL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast