+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4084372;
    Yeah, Michael! Even if he doesn't make it to FW, he can be enormously proud of himself. He survived the season despite the nastiness directed towards him, and he won three challenges. Three, baby. Stuff that, Gretchen!

I wouldn't be worried for Mondo...I would bet anything he's at FW. The real question is will Gretchen be replacing one of the guys, and if so, will it be Michael or Andy. I hope not. This season the guys really deserve to be at FW. In another thread, somebody posted a link to an article where Michael and Mondo are yukking it up together post-PR. Whatever happens, then, they seem to be at peace.

This will be the first episode this season that I am actually looking forward to seeing.

I think they've had 4 designers before. I vaguely remember that in the season of the overweight-but-happy designer, the judges couldn't make up their minds about designer 3. They had two of them produce a collection and then picked one of them to go to FW. I remember being disappointed that it wasn't the laughing designer, because I liked him.

Was Chris March the overweight-but-happy designer? He liked to dress up like a woman for some of his designs. I think it was Ravi the draper that beat him. I liked Chris too. I thought it was funny he used human hair in his designs.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;4084415;
    Was Chris March the overweight-but-happy designer? He liked to dress up like a woman for some of his designs. I think it was Ravi the draper that beat him. I liked Chris too. I thought it was funny he used human hair in his designs.

They had four designers show in Season 3, the one Jeffrey Sebelia won. I can't remember which contestant it was, but one of the heavy favorites did reallly badly on the last challenge but the judges decided to let him go through any way. I believe that was the only season where 4 contestants showed at Fashion Week for the win instead of it being 2 definitely being in and 2 more competing for the final spot.

I thought when they were in Mood Tim told April that she might want to use some color to surprise the judges. She said she already had something in mind. I had assumed she meant she was going to use color this time- did anyone else get that impression? Ummm...did I miss the 'surprise'??

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4084472;
    I thought when they were in Mood Tim told April that she might want to use some color to surprise the judges. She said she already had something in mind. I had assumed she meant she was going to use color this time- did anyone else get that impression? Ummm...did I miss the 'surprise'??
    I got that impression also. I kept waiting to see color but it never happened. I personally love color as long as it goes with skin tone and is done correctly. So, I didn't really like April much. Plus her clothes didn't look like something a working mom could wear other then to bed
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Love that the judges loved Michael's work for this challenge . . . he has faced more obstacles than the others, well, mostly because of the others who treated him like crap. Glad that he and Mondo have become friends.

I wasn't sure about Mondo in the beginning, but every week since the challenge when they worked in teams of two, Mondo has done something to make me like him more and more. Last night was no exception.

I don't think it was April's "age" that kept her out of the final four, but rather her "maturity". Everything she designed looked like something she'd wear herself. Gotta realize there are other people out there (read: older people) who want designer wear too. The choice of color (or lack of it) added to her elimination.

Every year there is a designer who has questionable taste. Andy is it for this season. Would have to agree with the judges, the Warrior Princess look has been overdone. On his behalf, I do have to say I think he should have won the challenge when he made that purple swimsuit.

Gretchen . . . . . whining, complaining, Wretched Gretchen. As much as it pains me to have her around at the end, I do think she should be in the Top Three.

Picking Mondo to win, with Michael and WG earning a spot on the medals platform.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4084400;
    I just don't get the judging this year. I tend to agree with Tim a lot more than with the judges. I was floored when they said they loved Micheal's. Everyone watching at my house thought for sure he'd be out. It must have lost something in translation to the tv screen.
    I agree I was sure the judges were going to slam Michael C. That dress must look much better in real life then on the TV Screen.

Loved Mondo's.

Andy's was nice.

Gretchen's was horrible.

My reaction to April's was "not that dress again".

I was surprised how in sync I was with the judges opinions. I thought it was pretty obvious that the top three were Mondo, Michael C, and Andy. It was a toss up between Gretchen and April. I was glad Gretchen got it because for her it was her last chance at success and April is just out of design school so for her this opportunity was a gift.

The only negative I have of the show is the guest judge. Maybe he was jealous of Mondo because his comments were not that kind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My son who tolerates my Michael Kors "collecting" & doesn't understand a thing about fashion was sitting watching the runway show with me. When I saw April's I just thought not the same dress again! When they showed April's total collection together my son asked me why she was allowed to use the same dress over & over again.
    I did love Michael's dress & would wear it minus the slit but honestly I thought it was average at best.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I liked Mondo's and Andy's designs best. The back of Michael's dress was exquisite, but I didn't get the judges gushing over it like they did. Gretchen's was boring. April's was been-there-done-that.

Loved seeing Michael congratulate Mondo when he came back, and Michael picking up Andy. Michael even gave Gretchen a hug. And then Gretchen responded with a snarky comment that she was glad to be given a second chance "just like you've all had."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4084486;
    The only negative I have of the show is the guest judge. Maybe he was jealous of Mondo because his comments were not that kind.
    I got that too, but from what I heard Christian is a bit bitchy, so yeah, he was probably jealous of Mondo's praise and design.

Someone mentioned Mondo's outfit being similar to what he normally does and I agree there...

*However*, he adhered to the challenge and made something reminiscent of the Brooklyn Bridge. I could see the elements of the design and the like in his outfit, unlike April's. In a way - and please accept my apologies here as I'm not trying to offend but am being observant - I almost see April's outfit along the lines of being inspired by Ground Zero instead becasue of the roughness and tough angles of the top.

BTW, why didn't anyone consider ideas from Broadway? Or as that too simple and they felt too safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4084585;
    Loved seeing Michael congratulate Mondo when he came back, and Michael picking up Andy. Michael even gave Gretchen a hug. And then Gretchen responded with a snarky comment that she was glad to be given a second chance "just like you've all had."
    Wow on Gretchen's comment. I don't know - save possibly last week with him responding to Heidi the way he did, how Mondo's had a "second chance." I do not recall him ever being in the bottom two, let alone three.

She's pissed that Michael C. is in the finals, but he's done good work in many challenges.

Frankly, he may not be the world's best designer, but he's good and he has a much better attitude.

I think Mondo said it best when he was humbled and embarrassed by his attitude with Michael originally, but said he was impressed with Michael C.'s willingness to learn.

Too bad that it looks like they want a female in the final three (never mind that they have had an all three female finale) - because frankly, Gretchen really hasn't earned it IMHO with a lot of her designs because she doesn't want to grow and really hasn't taken risks.

The other three - good bad or weird results - have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast