+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

The previews did answer the question I had - all four designers will be competing for 3 places at MBFW ( I believe this is different then years past ) So Michael C. and Mondo are not assured a spot (darn it!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scully2066;4084350;
    The previews did answer the question I had - all four designers will be competing for 3 places at MBFW ( I believe this is different then years past ) So Michael C. and Mondo are not assured a spot (darn it!!)
    boooooo

I liked it better when they had the top two and then the other two fought it out

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4084361;
    boooooo

I liked it better when they had the top two and then the other two fought it out
    I agree - I really want both Mondo and Michael C. in the final

Yeah, Michael! Even if he doesn't make it to FW, he can be enormously proud of himself. He survived the season despite the nastiness directed towards him, and he won three challenges. Three, baby. Stuff that, Gretchen!

I wouldn't be worried for Mondo...I would bet anything he's at FW. The real question is will Gretchen be replacing one of the guys, and if so, will it be Michael or Andy. I hope not. This season the guys really deserve to be at FW. In another thread, somebody posted a link to an article where Michael and Mondo are yukking it up together post-PR. Whatever happens, then, they seem to be at peace.

This will be the first episode this season that I am actually looking forward to seeing.

I think they've had 4 designers before. I vaguely remember that in the season of the overweight-but-happy designer, the judges couldn't make up their minds about designer 3. They had two of them produce a collection and then picked one of them to go to FW. I remember being disappointed that it wasn't the laughing designer, because I liked him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Scully2066;4084369;
    I agree - I really want both Mondo and Michael C. in the final
    Who would you pick as third. Andy?????

I would be floored if they didn't have Mondo in there - he's been the most consistent of all of them, and I think never in the bottom three, even if he had been safe a couple of times. He's also won three challenges (at least) as has Michael.

I'd like to see Michael C. in the final three too because he took a HUGE risk with that inspiration and knocked it out of the park - even if I wouldn't wear something totally backless.

BTW, regarding Michael C.'s dress, NOT surprised with Heidi saying she'd wear it. That said, this is probably one of the more modest things she'd want to wear.

Andy... I was actually surprised and a bit disappointed with his outfit. Had he not made the dress interesting and designed perfectly? - he'd been in serious trouble. He's got the same problem as April did with all black.

Gretchen? - sadly I think her two wins at the beginning of the season are what saved her. I liked the jacket but the rest was so ... something I can get. There were other inspirations in NY, so why did she choose to take a risk like that?

April - I have to admit, had she taken Tim's advice and done COLOR, any color save black and white? - she'd probably been in the final four instead of Gretchen. Her design was actually quite good at the top... though I agree on the skirt. The dress as a whole is a rehash of what she's been doing all season, and it got her in the end.

I know people will say the same can be said with Mondo's mix of prints... HOWEVER, like Seth Aaron last year, he learned and showed how he could do different designs and keep them fresh. Plus, he took a risk and took OUT colors and it worked (probably better too - though I have to wonder where he got the rivets from for the detailing on the fabric).

Final three I think will be Mondo and Michael C. for sure unless either blow it big time. I would rather see Andy over Gretchen UNLESS he totally crashes and burns. The two M's though definitely have earned their spot, because both have grown over the season, took the most risks, and have produced for the most part lovely outfits.

I just don't get the judging this year. I tend to agree with Tim a lot more than with the judges. I was floored when they said they loved Micheal's. Everyone watching at my house thought for sure he'd be out. It must have lost something in translation to the tv screen.

They should have called April out weeks ago for her clothes always being black and always looking the same. I wasn't surprised she left over Gretchen although of late I have liked April's work better. Gretchen's early work was good and like someone stated above that prob saved her. I also think Mondo, April, and Andy are somewhat similiar in style and show wanted to break that up.

I wouldn't mind a F4 finale. I have a hunch Gretchen might make it because the show might not want all male finale which is a shame. I think Mondo is a shoo-in to make it and prob wins. I am also really pulling for MC. I've seen his FW looks and they're amazing. I have liked some of Andy's work during the show as well. I loved his bathing suit and cover.

I stayed up way late tonight to watch this. Bad me because I have an important interview in the morning. But I think it was worth it. The editing is working for me as I am digging the Mondo Michael C storyline. Give Michael C an academy award if he truly was not moved by Mondo picking him FIRST to go to Fashion Week. And his reaction to seeing Mondo come in second? Sweet. Out of the remaining designers, I agree with their picks. April showed the same thing in the same color. She needs some seasoning. Best world I would have Mondo and Michael C as the final two. I have not been a fan of G this season. But I felt her desire and drive this episode. And I wonder if Andy is a bit too close to Seth Aaron to be a contender this season. And didn't Jay do the kind of warrior woman for his line before he was eliminated? My taste, I would pick the three guys. But different show-wise, I could see (as much as I personally don't like her designs) picking Gretchen.

I feel Mondo will win. You truly need to see the collection move on the runway to determine the final winner. But he is talented. Actually, the dress he designed in this challenge is something I would wear.

FORT Fogey

I agree with the judges tonight. Andy, April, and dare I say it (my fav) Mondo put out outfits that were too similar to those they've done in the past. On the flip side, they were all beautiful.

Crazy Gretchen sort of grew on me this episode. I think I like her afterall. I really do like her bohemian style from early on. I think the show has psyched her out and zapped her enthusiasm. Plus, she is making the same mistake so many do....she is designing to please the judges - not herself. That never ever seems to work.

Reg. Michael C., I like Christian's observation that while Michael's out was nice (and I agree with the judges...it was a show stopper), it could have been by accident. I'm not sold on the idea that he is a really fabulous designer because unlike *all* the others that remain, he does not have a clear point of view that runs through his garments.

Maybe that's not a problem, though??? Whatever he's doing seems to be working.

#####

Mondo and Gretchen are my favorites followed closely by Andy, then April.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast