+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I thought April should have been in the bottom. The one with the sheer top seemed to me very much like the design she did for the resort wear challenge that won. The judges called Valerie out last week on her design being evocative of her party store dress design - I thought they'd do the same to April.

I liked both Mondo's and Andy's designs pretty much equally. Glad Andy won this time.

I had just warmed up a little to April recently, but was totally put off by her again when she immediately praised Ivy for calling out Michael on his supposed cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4080092;
    I thought April should have been in the bottom. The one with the sheer top seemed to me very much like the design she did for the resort wear challenge that won. The judges called Valerie out last week on her design being evocative of her party store dress design - I thought they'd do the same to April.

I liked both Mondo's and Andy's designs pretty much equally. Glad Andy won this time.

I had just warmed up a little to April recently, but was totally put off by her again when she immediately praised Ivy for calling out Michael on his supposed cheating.
    And Ivy saying she took one for the team, or something like that. And then when Tim asked she said they saw sticky tape in the women's bathroom, I believe. I do not believe anyone saw it being used or where it was used. I do remember Michael's model pulling out those breast cups (or whatever the heck they are called). Also, when she claimed sabotage and was asked specifically to name times, she refused and said something like "you know." She looked so pleased with herself.

I, too, started to warm a bit to April. Loved her look on the fabric challenge. But the editing in this ep turned me cold again. Gretchen I actually am mellowing on. I don't think she sees how others perceive her, and at least when she critiques, she does it to all equally now.

ETA: Just read something on Blogging Project Runway. They brought up the issue that Andy's front hoodie design is VERY similar to lululemon's signature logo (OK, the keyhole look is not that original, but go to the site and see the two pictures). They showed the logo. Other than the color, it looked identical. They also noted that that element is not on the actual garment being sold on Amazon. Interesting.
    Last edited by Allie; 10-08-2010 at 05:34 PM.

I haven't watched the show yet, but something jumped out at me while reading this thread. Somebody said, "Tim told the designers that by the time the taping issue had been brought to their attention, there wasn't enough proof that he did it, so they let it go."

First of all, there's a huge difference between "innocent" and "not proven." Just ask a lawyer. The defendant hasn't been found innocent, the jury has simply declared that the prosecution didn't present enough evidence to make their case "beyond a reasonable doubt." Therefore, there is still a question as to whether the defendant actually did it. In Michael's case, it sounds like the producers might have considered it a big deal if there had been proof positive that he had taped the model. Would they have punished him? As much as I like Michael, I'm disappointed that his name wasn't cleared entirely.

As for the other issue, "Should taping even be an issue?" Frankly, I think it's silly. Geesh, ever been backstage at the Miss America pageant?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4080092;

Ditto.
    Why is April still there?? Maybe the judges should inform her that she needs some styling herself. Her hair is a train wreck! She looks pissed off allll the time. And she complains constantly in that monotone drone.
    Go away April! And take your Addams Family garb with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4080128;
    I haven't watched the show yet, but something jumped out at me while reading this thread. Somebody said, "Tim told the designers that by the time the taping issue had been brought to their attention, there wasn't enough proof that he did it, so they let it go."
    What I remember is that Tim asked about it and Ivy rambled on about everyone being busy at the time with their own designs and that by the time they brought it to their attention, they said too much time had passed. Or something like that. I REALLY hope that Tim does a vlog on this ep and addresses this. I do know that Tim did not say that there wasn't enough proof.

So what is the taping issue. The model taped her breasts? Taped the breasts to the dress?? what is the taping issue and why is it such a big deal?

Hivy bringing up the subject of cheating they way she did was just plain mean and ugly and shows she can't let stuff go.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4080278;
    So what is the taping issue. The model taped her breasts? Taped the breasts to the dress?? what is the taping issue and why is it such a big deal?

Hivy bringing up the subject of cheating they way she did was just plain mean and ugly and shows she can't let stuff go.
    Some people think it is cheating because it means the dress was not fitted properly and the model would have fallen out of it. To me, it is no big deal. They have that tape for a reason. I know that people use it on the red carpet in some of the more daring outfits. The model had these little breast cups she always used and those were taped onto her. I don't know if Michael taped the dress to the model or not. Don't care. Same to me as using pins or glue at the last minute. Didn't have time to finish stitching something so you glue it on for the runway. Use strategic pins at the last second. If it doesn't show and it looks good, I'm fine with it. I'd rather them use tape then see any more side boobage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scully2066;4079646;
    Wow just say the preview on Lifetime for next week and Gretchen mentions on the runway "I'm just sick of the challenges". That can not be a good thing to say in front of the judges.
    Gretchen constantly has to air an opinion on everything. In the workroom. On the runway during the walks. In the judging. Back at the apartments.

Gretchen needs to spend a whole episode with her stupid mouth taped shut.

She's the classic example of "can dish it (constantly) but can't take it" too. While its true that the P.R. judges are often arbitrary, and sometimes dead wrong, Gretchen totally doesn't understand the concept of taking criticism with grace. Instead we get little snippy disagreements, a mouth with enough tension to crack a walnut shell, and complete obliviousness over how she comes off.

Add on top of all of this the fact that she wouldn't know how to use color if someone drowned her in paint. I think her color pallette has four shades. Tan, Brown, the other Brown, and for variety sometimes some kind of maroon.

That said, she doesn't hold a candle to Ivy for horribleness. At least Gretchen probably isn't aware she's being awful. She's oblivious, not mean. Ivy is mean. And stupid.

Uptalker Valerie is coming off as the good one of the girls. Even April seems to have a catty little bitch inside who comes out to play every once in a while.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I knew Andy had won the moment his first look hit the runway. The dovetailing of the pant stripes did it for him. If one had been off 1/8 inch, he wouldn't have won. I loved that Mondo manned up and fought through his exhaustion to complete three looks that were right up Heidi's alley.

Besides the cheating storyline, there was the Gretchen can't take criticism storyline...from the throwing of the fabric in the workroom to the crossed arms and jutting chin on the runway. That the judges actually commented among themselves (prompted by producers or spontaneous when speaking about her designs) brings a new storyline that seems to carry forward to next week.

From storylines, we see Michael C cleared to smooth sailing; Mondo reconciled to completing the show; April stuck in the boudoir with nasty remarks as well as model skin showing; Andy with a smooth week following a rough week - will next week be a rough one? And Gretchen...her stress is showing along with her tight-*** personality. Will she have her last argument on the runway, or will she fight through to the finals?

It looks like it might be a New York City inspirational challenge as Mayor Bloomberg will be presenting it.

Past season have done very well with this challenge, will this season rise to it, or not?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Im really surprised that April has made it this far without being called out for not using any color. In Every challenge she has produced the exact same color pallete. Black and more black. Every other year the critique from the judges is to design outside of your comfort zone. April has never done that...Im somewhat confused why this year is different?

As far as this challenge goes, Heidi's line is so dull and boring, Andys outfit was the best, but a larger size woman could never pull off those wavy stripes. Im curious if Michael gets eliminated next week. Gretchen says she tired of doing challenges, so that will mean something totally different, so Im guessing she will be staying. She spends all her time talking about everyone elses skills, when she should spend some time livening up her own clothes, they are sooooo boring and drab. Oh wait, she would be the perfect designer for Heidi's line.

+ Reply to Thread