+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Heidi's collection was such a snore-fest. Does all activewear have to be grey, grey, and more grey? Is color a no-no when you are 'on the go'? I was happy some of the designers tried to incorporate little blips of color into their designs. Heidi is always so colorful, so it surprised me that her line was so boring colorwise.

BTW...Andy's winning dress is on Amazon for $168! The hoodie is $158!! Seriously?? Do people actually pay $150+ dollars for a sweatshirt? I guess that when it has the Heidi Klum name they can charge whatever they want for it. Crazy.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I thought Heidi was rude when she was talking to Mondo in the workroom. Maybe she talks to her children that way, trying to embarrass them into doing things her way, but HELLO, you were talking to another adult. It wasn't like he had a finished product that didn't fit her, it was a work-in-progress!

Having seen the preview video, I was already rolling on the floor laughing so hard with Ivy's "Karma" comment that I almost missed Karma telling her to "TAKE THAT!". I love Karma, it's a wonderful process, but you rarely get to see it in action like we did last night!

If those baggy sack-like dresses are the wave of the future, I am going to remain unfashionable. I liked some of the jackets/hoodies, but if those prices are correct, it's gonna have to be hanging on the 75% off rack!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I thought all the designs looked alot alike. I thought it was funny when Mondo and Gretchen snarked off to Heidi. It was like payback for all the snarky remarks she makes to them at judging. Heidi is an ex-model, I don't think she was ever a fashion designer.

FORT Fogey

I didn't think that Heidi started off "rude" when she was talking to Mondo, but didn't she say something about him rolling his eyes and then she upped the diva behavior and was insulting. But she was the boss and his childish attitude was what set her off. And then at the end of her visit, his ignoring her was really too much. He came across as immature as his short pants and suspenders outfit

I liked Andy's stuff the best so I'm glad he won. I won't be buying it at those prices though.

I thought Christopher's was the worst but I thought Gretchen should have been in the bottom 2 instead of Michael. It was a toss up because both Michael's and Gretchen's were not that good. I'm happy they didn't eliminate Michael this time because dealing with the cheating allegations can't have made it a good work environment for him. They should have stopped Ivy as soon as she started in on him in the work room. It was really unfair to Michael who is still in the competition to have to deal with an aufed person saying such nasty things to him. I'm glad they did step in though and bring Tim in to make it very clear to all the contestants (and us) what the producer's stance is. Didn't appear the editors were too happy with Ivy at all. First the smack-down from Heidi telling Michael that the person that said he coudn't sew was gone before he was and then Tim laying down the law regarding their feelings about the "cheating" situation, then showing Ivy saying Karma would get him to showing her getting hit in the eye with the needle.

All along we've been hearing that Michael C is so horrible to work with. Then Ivy called him out for using a swear word around her. She seemed to think it was terrible. What did she think he would do when she called him a cheater? I think I might have used more swear words than he did. I didn't think that made him look less classy. It made her look less classy (if that was possible) to call him a cheater and get offended when he defended himself. It also appeared to me that other than April the designers still left were on Michael C's side - even Gretchen which was a definite surprise. Maybe Gretchen saw the difference in the working environment before/after Ivy left.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4079772;
    BTW...Andy's winning dress is on Amazon for $168! The hoodie is $158!! Seriously?? Do people actually pay $150+ dollars for a sweatshirt? I guess that when it has the Heidi Klum name they can charge whatever they want for it. Crazy.

Maybaybie I have to agree - I don't care whose name is on it - that is way too much for active wear - especially sweatshirts. I have a Marshall's and a TJ Max close by and I'll just wait for them to show up there.

How does anyone believe this line will go over at those prices in the middle of a recession??

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4079688;
    One thing I'm thinking about . . .

When Heidi first came into the workroom at the beginning of the ep to critique each designer, when she got to Michael C, I noticed that in what aired, I don't/didn't recall her saying anything to him at that specific time about not liking his choice of colors for his outfit.

But now, when they got to the runway, that was a sore point with all of the judges, the colors of Michael's clothing, as I remember right now.

JMHO and thoughts/observations.

Ness - I understand exactly what you are saying - from his critique in the work-room it looked like Heidi loved Michael C's items and then we get to runway and not only does she snark on his colors but she comments on the jacket being to baggy. It was the same jacket she said she liked in the workroom.... Did she forget she liked it earlier or did she have help (other judges) forming a new opinion?? I don't know but it was strange.

old cow

Can Casanova come back permantly to the show? He was such a breath of fresh air in a stale and stagnate room last nite. His comments about M.C. Thanksgiving inspired design were hilarious! See thats how you do entertaining snark, he was fun and light hearted not mean and vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4079726;
    Yep, I remember quite well that when Heidi was touring the workroom and giving critiques to the designers, they were only designing one look at that time. I also seem to recall ---and anybody please feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong --- that at the time she spoke to/critiqued Michael in the workroom, his mannequin had on peach/orange Hammer-type pants. And I don't recall her mentioning to him at that time that she didn't care for the color (but she sure said it at runway).

As for Mondo, yep, I'm aware that he scrapped his workroom outfit. But I don't recall seeing a lavender/purple-tinged color in any of his final three runway looks. I thought I recalled seeing a soft pink/rose color in one of them, though. I don't think it came across to me as a lavender/purple-type hue, but then again, the tint on my TV could've been slightly off, or something.

JMHO.

I had to go to lifetime and look at the portfolios & rewatch that part of show to remind myself of what I was talking about 'cause I only caught the episode once. My bad on Mondo I was confusing the shirt Heidi couldn't fit into with one for Mondo's later outfits. I was thinking about Mondo using that satin fabric which was a beige color on the outfit his black model. I was thinking of the lavender in her hair piece and the lavender pants on one of his other models and confusing them. The thing is the lavender wasn't such a striking color as the pumpkin color Michael C. used and add in that combined with his other colors gave the Thanksgiving theme.

As for Michael C., I was talking about the poncho dress/jacket with hoodie that his brunette model wore that was grey and zipped up from the bottom. It had a black top underneath with the pumpkin colored cargo pants on the runway. When Heidi was in the workroom commenting on what she liked she was speaking about the grey poncho dress he had on the mannequin. That was what she was focused on and he described to her. He was working on the pumpkin hammer-like pants but, they weren't finished and were on the mannequin behind. But even with that he had the grey top th ered-headed model wore with it starting on the top with it. So, at best Heidi saw mostly grey and may have seen the beginnings of the pumpkin hammer pants. She didn't see how much of the orange, plus the brown , etc. that they later thought made the collection look so like Thanksgiving, Michael was going to end up using.

:Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4079688;
    Maybe she DID comment on the colors to Michael (and Mondo), but if she did, then that might've ended up on the cutting room floor.

I just thought that seemed a bit odd, nothing being said by Heidi at first about Michael's color choices in the workroom, then it being brought up as a bone of contention by the judges (including Heidi, IIRC) at the runway.

Oh, well . . .
    Given Casanova's comments in regard to "pies" with Michael's outfits, I kinda had a feeling the colors were mentioned and in a way Casanova was agreeing with Heidi. Of course C is a bit difficult to understand, so he could also have just been making a joke.

Regarding the other commentary Heidi made to Mondo during her workroom visit . . .

JMHO . . .

Sure, one could definitely look at what she said to him from a standpoint that she was being mean. However, I also think that another angle, or standpoint, one could view her commentary to him from would be the angle that, at the end of the day, she is the client (and BOSS, as one of the designers said). It's HER line, therefore, like it or not, she has the right to make commentary to the designers regarding what she happens to view as she tours the workroom.

Could she have maybe soft-pedaled what she had to say? Perhaps. But, again, at the end of the day, it's HER name and face that's on the line --- like it or not --- and therefore, she's well within her rights to step up and speak on any aspect of what she sees as it's being created. And, quite frankly, if the designers can't take her heat, her calling it as she sees it, then as far as I'm concerned, they need to get out of the workroom permanently and leave the show.

Unless each of us are bosses on our own jobs, I'm sure that we're asked or told to do things that we think are a waste of time, or that could be done better another way, etc., etc., etc. But then again, how many of us actually expend the time and energy to argue with a boss regarding things we're told to do, when we know good and well that to do so might very well result in our dismissal from our position?

JMHO and thoughts/observations.
    I agree with you, and as mentioned I really think this was a good thing for Mondo because he mentioned he wasn't really inspired to begin with.

A good boss will kick someone in the butt from time to time (verbally of course) if they think they're good but the person is doubtful of their skills. I get it in my job at times.

In Mondo's case if he argued (I missed this part) he may have been trying to stand up for what he felt. With a lot of cases where I work, you are allowed to argue with the boss if you feel passionately about the idea you have. You may be overruled, but if you do it in a polite way you won't be fired.

In Mondo's case, I think he lost that but won the war because he was second in the callouts. Didn't think he'd win due to the argument issue, but that's fine because I didn't want him to have that pressure of being a consistent winner of challenges going into the most important one of all. It takes the albatross off his neck and he can design better for it.

Plus, Andy I think didn't have a win - or one in a long while.

+ Reply to Thread