+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/7 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

jadewarlock, I agree with your reasoning. And for everyone else, Heidi's line is boring and rather cheap looking (but at least it is not the skin-tight athletic attire that some middle aged women wear and should not). It is over-priced, but frankly, fits some of Amazon's pricing and look. You can find a good deal, but some of the smaller sellers or brand lines, charge way too much and hope no one shops around. And sometimes they like the exclusive angle and feel they can over-charge because, well, where else are you going to get it. Maybe at the New Balance flagship stores? Well, stores such as that are not everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4080690;
    . . . I think given these designers design for a few weeks straight, and usually are in the work rooms until Midnight (not to mention we don't know when they have to get up in the morning), there is a good chance that he was exhausted and a bit touchy from it.
    I can see that, too.

I've always thought that how these guys and gals have to work and produce well-constructed, fashionable garments under the time constraints and with the rules and guidelines that they have is absolutely insane.

And then . . . To have Heidi mention on top of it (just before she was about to leave the workroom) that she wanted each designer to come up with ANOTHER two outfits to show on the runway?

Sure, she said almost immediately right AFTER that that she was going to provide them with help, but had I been there, there's a pretty good chance I'd've gone off like a $2 hooker on a $50 trick BEFORE she got out the sentence about sending in help.

Honestly, I wondered as I saw that why someone didn't go postal up in there, or at LEAST let out a primal scream of frustration and rage right after the words about designing another two outfits left her mouth.

Frankly, I wouldn't've really been surprised if one of them HAD done so.

And no, I don't think I would've really blamed them if they had, either.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

From the previews, it looks like somebody will give a primal scream of sorts--Wretchen. "Well I'm tired of having to do all these challenges." Whoo boy. That's going to be fun to watch.

You guys think it's going to be next week or after FW? I can't see it being after FW, but OTOH if it's next week that would pretty much kill her chances of going to FW, and I have a horrible feeling she's going to make it there. I'm just praying that April doesn't join her.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Is Gretchen for real???

So much to say here. Hadn't watched the show until today (DVR'd).

I looked at Heidi's line at Amazon and agree with most here that said it was dull and boring.....except I like the choices for maternity activewear. I think that's a market that could use more options than just oversized tee shirts so moms-to-be can look stylish. Heidi's line seems to be for moms and/or women who want to be sylish but comfortable and not slobby but not necessarily something to actually work-out in. Still they're way overpriced for the average person, especially when they're not attractive either!

Personally, I loved Mondo's outfits the best. Thought they reflected the object of the challenge more than anyone else's.

April should design for Frederick's of Hollywood or Victoria Secret only. That's all she does: nighties, lingerie, etc in black. I have a hard time believing that the average woman wants comfortable run-around clothes that she has to wear strapless bras/undergarmets or no bra at all. These are not meant to be clothes you wear to look sexy in. They should be clothes that you can run to the store in and not look a mess or even hang out with friends at home and still look put together.

Ivy is a horrible, horrible person & I'm so glad she's gone.

I'm reserving judgement about Michael C because so many people disliked him and yet many later come to like him. Just an enigma to me as I haven't seen anything that tells me what he's like either way.

After the last episode, I spoke negatively about Mondo and some thought I was mean. He only reinforced my opinion of him after watching his attitude with Heidi in this episode. (a video of it is shown on PR's Lifetime site).
    I don't care if he was tired from all they've had to do. So were all the other designers. The show is designed to be extremely difficult to differentiate between the exceptional ones and the average designers.

Heidi is not my favorite person at all but she was his "boss" in this scenario and whether you like how your boss talks to you or not, you just have to suck it up if you want to keep your job. I don't think she was being harsh. Critical, yes, but I think her demeanor changed somewhat because of his rudeness to what she was saying. People have been fired for rolling their eyes at what a boss has said and he def. rolled his eyes. He was defensive, rude and combative during the whole exchange and I watched it a couple times to be sure. His excuse for his behavior ("I'm hurt") was inappropriate for a challenge of this type. Hurt feelings don't belong in a contest of ability and talent. And it reinforced my opinion of Mondo playing a "poor little me" that I previously mentioned. What a difference in his demeanor from last episode to this one.

But all that said, I still liked his designs the best. He's so talented that he doesn't need to play any games to do well in this contest. His and Andy's designs were the only ones that truly fit the parameters of the challenge. I'd buy Mondo's designs in a heartbeat, except for the price.

I think ALL the judges are particularly harsh, mean, and negative this season. They seem like a group of "mean girls" (sorry, Michael Korrs) being snippy and snarky and enjoying it but it seems to be a trend recently with these types of shows. Personally, I don't think viewers like it at all.

I know some will disagree with my assessment of Mondo's personality but it's JMHO.
    I still think he should be the winner of this season because of his excetional talent and workmanship.

i thought gretchen's designs were hideous. i can't believe she wasn't the one booted.

i haev always hated the way heidi dresses on this show. very rarely do i find any of her outfits attractive. but even uglier than her clothes on the show was her collection!!!!!!! good grief it was drab, boring, and just plain terrible. i felt bad for the designers.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4079619;
    I think they finally found a window to dump Christopher, since he's such a non-presence, even if his clothes weren't the absolute worst.

It would be dramatic to get rid of Gretchen or Michael this week, but no way would they do it.

i thought gretchen's were much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4079628;
    Christopher's out.

Good decision.

His stuff was pretty bad.

I did like that butterfly top Christopher made. I thought that was pretty it just didn't really go with the rest of the outfit but without the red top under it there was potential there. It certainly was prettier than anything in Heidi's line or the one that won which was hideous. I wouldn't be caught dead in any of that stuff especially that same weird outfit that April keeps trotting out with the black mini shorts and chiffon top with strange straps all over the place. Now just exactly how are you supposed to work out in that? Oh! nevermind

I really like Heidi with blond hair am not liking this new do and color. She's a blond and should not try to go against that. It makes her look harsh and plain. she's a beautiful woman, why try to downplay that? I am getting the impression that Hollywood has finally figured out that people cannot tell one of them from another and that is why they are all making their hair darker. It's actually kind of funny because now they all have the same hideous dye jobs that look ghastly with their skin tones and so in the end they all look alike again except no one knows who the heck they are (unrecognizable). LOL funny to me....
    Last edited by Tobi; 10-11-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Just watched the episode.

Heidi was so annoying in the work room.

Casanova was adorable.

Ivy was pathetic. Such a coward in the way she went around talking to everyone and laughing, but then when Tim comes in, she won't say anything until Michael C. speaks up. Also that eye roll at Tim was so bitchy. That karma thing the editors did with her was hilarious.

How can Mondo work with his hair covering one side of his face? That would drive me crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011