+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 9/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I like seeing the human interactions parts of the show. If I just wanted to look at fashion designs, I could pick up a magazine or look online. The human interactions are, IMO, what make reality shows interesting and worth discussing.

Andy's designs seem to be fabulous or awful - and this week's was awful - but at least he's not boring.

It was Valerie's time to go, but I'll miss the faces she made on the runway during judging. And her parting remarks to each of the remaining contestants was so sweet - what a class act!

Mondo's design was the best of the bunch, IMO, but had a couple of flaws. The waist was extremely high as the judges pointed out - all that material on the front of the pants looked wrong. And the pattern on the waistband didn't match up with the pants - it looked like it was about a half inch off. IMO, it should have either matched up perfectly or better, been offset halfway. But, still the best design. Congratulations, again, Mondo!

I liked April's dress. Didn't like Gretchen's, Christopher's, or Michael's designs.

What I loved about the episode:

1. The designers all had pretty patterns. I didn't see a flat out ugly design there and more effort I think went into most of these prints (Seth Aaron's and Mila's prints are the only two I remember last year). That said, I do think that Gretchen's should've had varying sizes on the design and maybe some of the circles colored (the large ones with the bar). That said, one could say she copied some of the Native American designs you see in jewelry. Oh, and Michael's eye design the eyes were too small so it looked very similar to Andy's design.

2. Mondo was indeed brave to confess it, but I DO feel that he was a bit forced to when a judge asks to know the story. This is a competition and if he was seen as hiding something they could decide to eliminate him because they'd question what else he's hiding. I am glad though he was glad to confess it and I wish him the best (I wonder if the HIV/AIDS foundations or such would want him to create a similar print for a fundraiser or the like to raise awareness)

3. That the right person went home. I like Valerie, but you couldn't see that beautiful blue fabric (Yes, I loved the creativity of the blueprint design, if the judges didn't get it). That said, I DO think Andy's was the worst out of the two.

The bad?

The judges - there is a thing called constructive criticism. They are not showing it at all. It's just absolutely ridiculous too on some of their choices even if they have it spot on with a couple of the wins.

And did anyone notice that Tim seemed a bit... irritated... about results and the like? He just seems more and more irritated, not at the contestants, but the tones he's making after the judging are underscoring what he's feeling from production.

(BTW, I don't post while watching and have to think things through before I say something on the contestants. And being on the computer for a show where you have to see the results doesn't do well to give comments from me. ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4074218;
    Chris, who.......

Seriously at the beginning of the episode I thought there were only 6 designers left because I keep forgetting about Chris. Like the judges said he is not memorable. Unlike my precious little chipmunk aka Mondo.
    That was the thought that lingered with me as well, after getting some distance from the episode...what the heck is Christopher still doing there? It's like he's just auditing the season like a college class instead of actually competing. He needs to go.

At least Kara Janx and Sweet P added something to their seasons with their wonderful personalities while overstaying their welcomes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think it's pretty clear that Mondo is the best designer of the lot, he has such a clear point of view. I'm very happy for him getting the win yet again. He was very brave.

When Nina told him, "I wish I knew the story" and then stared at him, I wondered if he would finally break down and tell everyone, which he ultimately did.

I liked the concept of Gretchen's top, but the fabric and the "side boobage" were awful.

I have to agree with Nina. Where is the "wow" factor? Mondo seems to be the only person who manages to produce "wow" each week.

Christopher who?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4074048;
    I'd heard the ratings for this year were good and up from last season. I adore Mondo! Team Mondo & Michael C! Though, I'm worried about them both next week. Heidi's "he shouldn't have done that', appears to be about Mondo saying something to Heidi when she visits the workroom. Also, still wondering about the accusation of cheating. The guy, Chris, still seems to be under the radar. Bland as a designer and bland in personality.

Click to see Spoiler:
    When Heidi said that, she was wearing the orange pantsuit she was wearing in FW, so it was a clip of the finale deliberations. "He" could be any of the male contestants and not necessarily a tie-in to next week's episode.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4074412;
    I have to agree with Nina. Where is the "wow" factor? Mondo seems to be the only person who manages to produce "wow" each week.
    I agree. From her standpoint as an editor, she wants color. Even the designs were bland. I didn't actually like Mondo's design, I think he won because of the vibrant print and the backstory to the print. April could have the beginnings of a good design if it wasn't for that awful skirt. And Gretchen would have won it had she made a jacket (she made one and edited it out) and not have spaced the prints on the fabric too far from each other.

At this point, I think Mondo and Gretchen are shoe-ins to make the F3. It's just a matter of who will join them. It's definitely not Christopher. I would have bet that it was Andy until this last challenge. So between April and Michael C, I think I would have to say April has the slight edge.

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;4073962;
    Has Project Runway jumped the shark????
    I don't think so. This season has been miles better than the last two seasons. Personally, these contestants are just what the show needed. They can be dramatic and they can be bitchy, but compare that to the bores of S6.

However, I do agree with those who say that the judges are OTT and annoying. They're not all that constructive. Instead, they're just downright mean at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4074407;
    At least Kara Janx and Sweet P added something to their seasons with their wonderful personalities while overstaying their welcomes.
    Agreed. But it's funny how Kara probably would have won her season if she had made the F3, since her decoy collection blew the F3's collections out of the water.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

First time I have posted but I just couldn't be quiet any longer. Lifeftime is messing with one of my favorite shows. To put a preview on for a show weeks away after implying the preview is for next week is WRONG!! Maybe I'm over-reacting but someone else mentioned "bait and switch" and that is how it feels.

Also when did being a judge on "Project Runway" give anyone the right to slap (figuratively) people in the face. The judging this season has been so mean (not to mention all over the place) - maybe the show needs a shake-up because the judges used to be critical but constructive now all I hear is how awful and "totally unwearable" everything is.

I'm going to stick it out the rest of the season and hope it inproves but am not holding out any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;4073962;
    I think the lack of viewship of project runway on Lifetime speaks volumes. Notice there are only five of us even discussing the show here. I don't know if it is the lack of airings on Lifetimes part, or the designers are very blah this season, but somethings the matter somewhere. Has Project Runway jumped the shark????
    While you may be right, I wouldn't know. I was concerned about PR when it shifted to Lifetime. But this season seems to be back to the level of other seasons I have loved, i.e. the first four. But the judging appears to be whackadoo.

The change to 1.5 hour is fabulous and I think the quality of the designers are great--even if the challenges are "meh."

I'd hate to see it go away forever. I'd be sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast