+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Sep 2011 #2 **Season Spoilers**

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Sep 2011 #2 **Season Spoilers**

(Ed. Note: Since the first M-B Fashion Week thread still seems to be damaged, this new thread can be used to continue the discussion)

------------------------------------

I was on Blogging Project Runway and they have the 10 designers left who showed at Fashion Week. I don't think I am revealing any spoilers as the show had to put out those 10 decoys because of the fall viewing schedule. The site also has the 10 looks each designer sent down the runway and I was very surprised as to the look and feel. Considering how bad Ivy and Valerie have done so far on the show and by what they have produced I honestly feel they both should go home I was floored how good their runway looks were. The 5 designers I liked the best were from lowest to highest were April, Ivy, Valerie, Michael C and Mondo.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-25-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Starting new M-B FW thread
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week S/S 2011 #2- **Season Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4068853;
    (Ed. Note: Since the first M-B Fashion Week thread still seems to be damaged, this new thread can be used to continue the discussion)

I was on Blogging Project Runway and they have the 10 designers left who showed at Fashion Week. I don't think I am revealing any spoilers as the show had to put out those 10 decoys because of the fall viewing schedule. The site also has the 10 looks each designer sent down the runway and I was very surprised as to the look and feel. Considering how bad Ivy and Valerie have done so far on the show and by what they have produced I honestly feel they both should go home I was floored how good their runway looks were. The 5 designers I liked the best were from lowest to highest were April, Ivy, Valerie, Michael C and Mondo.

I looked at the designers a bit ago and those were the ones I liked the best, too. I was pleased that April went away, far away, from black! I was especially surprised and pleased by Ivy's. I was most disappointed in Andy's considering what he has done on the show, but maybe the collection moves better and looks better on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4070020;
    I looked at the designers a bit ago and those were the ones I liked the best, too. I was pleased that April went away, far away, from black! I was especially surprised and pleased by Ivy's. I was most disappointed in Andy's considering what he has done on the show, but maybe the collection moves better and looks better on TV?
    I too was disappointed in Andy's Fashion Week Collection. I felt he toned it down and was playing it safe, unfortunately that made the collection "boring". The only interesting thing about it was the pants he wore which he designed for the Jackie O Sportswear Challenge on PR.

FORT Fogey

Because there's no model show, it's hard to recognize the models. In their final collections (feel free to do any corrections), it seems that Gretchen has April's model, Milana; Andy has Michael C.'s model, Lenka; Michael C. has Casanova's model; Christopher has Mondo's model; April has Christopher's model, Rose. I can't ID any of Valerie's or Mondo's models.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4068853;

What PR is selecting for is a designer who can do the best design with 15-30 minutes designing time on a very specific (and sometimes bizarre) challenge. Very different results seem to be produced when the designers have more time for the design process as they do with the Fashion Week designs. From what I've seen on PR, I never would have expected to like the April, Ivy, and Valerie collections.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4070585;
    What PR is selecting for is a designer who can do the best design with 15-30 minutes designing time on a very specific (and sometimes bizarre) challenge. Very different results seem to be produced when the designers have more time for the design process as they do with the Fashion Week designs. From what I've seen on PR, I never would have expected to like the April, Ivy, and Valerie collections.
    They know what each designer is capable of because when they audition, they show their portfolio and several designs on models. You can see it online at Lifetime even before the season started.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I loved my hometown boy Mondo's collection. It was true to his aesthetic, yet elevated, luxurious. Andy's had some nice moments, but as a whole wasn't a win. I was pleased to see April's wasn't all black, the color she's used consistently through the show. Michael C's was nice, very resort/evening-centric, and a little too mature. I really liked Valerie's, but don't think she's going to win. Ivy's and Casanova's were pleasant surprises. Casanova's was much more youthful than I would have expected, though the fit issues of many of his pants might have tipped off some people that he'd been eliminated already.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4070664;
    They know what each designer is capable of because when they audition, they show their portfolio and several designs on models. You can see it online at Lifetime even before the season started.
    I realize that. I guess I didn't explain myself well. What I meant was, what the winner of Project Runway represents is the person who can come up with the best designs in a short time frame and under pressure. If you gave the designers more time to design, you might very well end up with a different winner.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4070833;
    I realize that. I guess I didn't explain myself well. What I meant was, what the winner of Project Runway represents is the person who can come up with the best designs in a short time frame and under pressure. If you gave the designers more time to design, you might very well end up with a different winner.
    Tom Colichio made a similar remark during the Top Chef reunion. One of the chefs said he does a lot of trial and error before finalizing dishes and Tom said that this isn't uncommon for chefs but that those who work that way won't do well in the framework of the show/competition.

Makes total sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;4070757;
    I loved my hometown boy Mondo's collection. It was true to his aesthetic, yet elevated, luxurious. Andy's had some nice moments, but as a whole wasn't a win. I was pleased to see April's wasn't all black, the color she's used consistently through the show. Michael C's was nice, very resort/evening-centric, and a little too mature. I really liked Valerie's, but don't think she's going to win. Ivy's and Casanova's were pleasant surprises. Casanova's was much more youthful than I would have expected, though the fit issues of many of his pants might have tipped off some people that he'd been eliminated already.
    That's what bothered me about his collection and that it was all pants and there were no dresses of skirts.

Were all the collections a summer resort collection? I noticed almost all the designers made shorts and I couldn't figure out why.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast